Forum

BS Comes In Different Colors

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68577 by Buc
BS Comes In Different Colors was created by Buc
Having read the article below, makes me appreciate Pruitt/Rocker and Company "even more".

Had every opportunity in Athens to become "all that". From the beginning he said that he was "all that".

Comes a time when young men like the article below is "all about" changes the way he describes what actually happened in Athens, and his leaving. Jeremy Pruitt let him know and made sure he understood that "things were changing in Athens".

Notice the young man refers to Jeremy Pruitt, not Mark Richt. Pruitt took over the UGA defense the day he said he would become the defensive coordinator. Mark Richt does not coach the defensive side, he helps recruit that side of the ball, does not "coach" that side of the ball.

This defensive group I am looking forward to watching in 2015. Lots of talent, both players and coaches.

www.dawgnation.com/football/wiggins-on-h...t-georgia-and-pruitt

Going to add another video that really impresses me, coming from the defensive side of the ball, a coach that I believe will be hard to keep in Athens. Have my reasons, and can back them up. Not just jibberish as is often seen on boards. Proven talent in the NFL as a result of the coaches skill and effort. Welcome to Athens. Straight talk from a "proven linebacker coach".

bulldawgillustrated.com/2015/08/08/coach...in-college-football/

Edit . . . .
Not often I would say or type something like this.

I hope that Auburn kicks the every loving spit out of Louisville. Damn right I said that.

:)

Edit #2 . . . .

This clip which many have probably watched is what Ekeler is all about. Reminds me of Pruitt leaving Saban for FSU and then landing in Athens. Ekeler is going to be a hard teacher to keep. Good for us at this point.

bulldawgillustrated.com/2015/08/08/coach...-inside-linebackers/

Edit #3 . . . .

Went back to the article on the Louisville player and plucked this . . . .

So did the defensive coaching change at UGA have something to do with it?

“I would say just a tad bit,” Wiggins said.

I prefer to listen to those that want to wear the "Colors". BMOC, that will not be allowed in Athens on "defense". "Management" is strong on that side of the ball. Said that too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68580 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic BS Comes In Different Colors
Start thinking about the past, not hard to do when talking UGA football.

I still have nightmares when my mind takes me back to Willie Martinez in Athens.

Not that Martinez did not want to improve the defense, it was a simple case of him not "knowing" how to improve a SEC defense. Just because a coach has played college or pro football, does not mean they are "coaching material".

Martinez was elevated to defensive coordinator at Georgia. Lost his job, it took a lot of "outside interference" from the fan base to get the proper focus on what was not happening in Athens.

Willie spent time with one of the more successful coaches in D1 football in Oklahoma. That lasted one season. His position there was not as defensive coordinator, he was defensive back coach.

Now Martinez is in Checkerboard Country. Seems to have found his place in the college coaching ranks. Defensive backfield coach. Maybe WM has learned a thing or two about defensive football from his stops since leaving Athens.

He was pissed when his head coach released him at UGA, for sure. Takes some longer than others to find themselves.

Takes me to this . . . . The growing up process was needed in Athens both before Martinez arrived and after Martinez departed.

Took a while under the current setup in Athens to understand that there was and is a better way. Too much infighting among different groups. Sometimes referred to as "Egos". Leadership has no chance under the way our program was being handled. We could recruit, we could not teach.

It is said that we will see in 2015 if our defensive group of coaches led by Pruitt will make a difference with "their recruits". Can't disagree with that. Will say this . . . . Pruitt left Alabama for FSU and the position offered was defensive coordinator. Care less whose players he coached, they won the National Championship. Left FSU and took over as defensive coordinator for UGA.

I am not blind to what I see going on in Athens. There is change, change like I have not seen in more than 15 years. Will we win the National Championship, have serious doubts about that. One thing that I do understand is this . . . . there are programs that are light years ahead of us. Can name several. We are in the catch up mode from where I sit.

Are we catching up? If you are a poster here or read this board, ask yourself that question.

Trying to focus on the defense and the changes both players and coaches can make at this point.

Do I believe that Jeremy Pruitt "understands and demands" defensive football? No a single doubt in my mind. Do I believe Pruitt/Rocker and Company will continue to improve UGA football . . . . without a doubt.

I know this, Pruitt had the backbone to say "out loud" to Mahogany Row that they need to get off of the collective asses and build a Indoor Practice Facility. That alone is reason enough for me to fall into the Pruitt camp.

Go Dawgs, Coach 'em up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago #68581 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic BS Comes In Different Colors
No entitlement with CJP an company you earn it by hard work.

Keep hearing a lot about Floyd has a high IQ ready to see what all they do with him this year.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago #68582 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic BS Comes In Different Colors
Good Morning Buc. Much meat on both your

Threads. Classic example of a ME player who

Put himself and his personality aka ego ahead

Of the team. If you're not moving forward

Then you are falling behind. We have the

Coaches who can make up a bunch of ground

In a short time. Started with recruiting better

Players then......coaching the up. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 8 months ago #68583 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic BS Comes In Different Colors
Comes around to this.

Do we have the head coach that can get us into a better position?

I doubt not that our head coach can recruit. That in my mind is an absolute fact. Where his recruiting began to fail was because he did not have a "team of coaches". No one to blame for that other than the head coach.

Has our head coach maybe learned a thing or two like maybe Willie Martinez could possibly be doing in Knoxville?

With the talent that is in Athens, there will be a lot of eyes on our head coach in 2015.

I believe this . . . . anything that happens good or bad on the defensive side of the ball, our head coach will not interfere. That is off limits for this reason . . . . Our recently converted "high school football coach" turned college coach with a resume that has Alabama and FSU on it, speaks to his ability to get things done, along with moving Mahogany Row off center, or it could be said . . . . out of the "vault" that has been too closely guarded.

Said many times on this board . . . . We are watching some of the things that occurred in Tallahassee some years back under the direction(?) of Bobby Bowden.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago #68584 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic BS Comes In Different Colors
Buc,

MR does seem to have an ability to recruit. And it helps a lot to have something to recruit them to do. Like maybe a championship team. :whistle: Hence the coaching changes.

Going into the season nobody thinks we got anything but chaos. All eyes are elsewhere. Just the way I like it. :)

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds