Forum

BS Comes In Different Colors

8 years 8 months ago #68585 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic BS Comes In Different Colors
stevedawg, every year the players say the same things. Ready to take on the schedule and come out on top. Would expect nothing less.

Takes me back to Bobby Bowden hiring or going along with those above and around him to bring Jimbo Fisher to Tallahassee.

The day that Fisher arrived he became the face of the FSU football team. At that point Bowden was being removed without the "removal term" being used. Bowden was not making the same decisions that he had early on in his coaching career.

Took Bowden approximately five years to "get over" being released. Understandable he had great feelings for a university that he put on the map when it comes to D1 football.

Time changes a lot of things.

You said . . . .
MR does seem to have an ability to recruit. And it helps a lot to have something to recruit them to do. Like maybe a championship team. :whistle: Hence the coaching changes.

Spurrier had taken the job with the gators and he quickly played on the "thin skin" of Bobby Bowden and his family. Spurrier at South Carolina continued the same BS against Mark Richt. Believe that we have seen the results of that, last season (2014) as an example. Some coaches understand that a "smart football approach is played off of the field".

It has taken Mark Richt long enough to realize that football has changed since he first became an assistant to Bobby Bowden.

Mark Richt likes his position. Bobby Bowden liked his position. Jimbo Fisher likes his position. Nick Saban likes his position. The list is long and will continue to be so. Ego's and the "money" play hand in hand.

Comes a time when the "past" is just exactly that, "the past". Was not that long ago that our head coach was a coach for life, now we see extensions. That can be and usually is a "notice" of sorts.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago #68586 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic BS Comes In Different Colors
I've said this before, Ill say it one more time...

In any given year there are probably 20 programs that have any chance at all of being the natty champs. UGA is definitely on the list. LSU, Bama, Auburn, Florida, FSU, OSU, Mich moving forward, Miami in the past, Oregon, Southern Cal, etc, etc, etc. Lots of others trying to get on the "big 20" list...Tennesee, South Car, Klimpson, GaTech,Louisville, Kentucky, Ark, UCLA, VT, etc, etc, etc.

Of those "big 20" id say you could circle 5 teams in any given year and have a 50% chance of picking the winner.

You guys who are disapointed when you don't win enough games just need to keep in mind how competitive it is. I surf around a lot of forums and apparently lots of teams want to win the NC. :ohmy:

Will Muschamps found out how hard it is. Look at the resume, coached at bama under BS, lsu i think, Texas. He looked like a cant miss and he flopped big time. He was head coach at UF for 4 years and you cant blame the last guy when you get 4 years.

Now you guys might very well be right that MR will not win a NC. That is another issue. His personality is not nasty enough and his religion will not allow him to get a little sneaky, ie cheat. And while this is a problem if you want to win NC's, its part of the reason he is making $4m a year in his 15th season.

Hey, Im pulling for you guys this year like always. I dont think Id circle UGA in the top five, but i wouldnt have circled OSU last year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68587 by Buc
Morning yd1 . . . . :)

You said in post #3 . . . .We have the

Coaches who can make up a bunch of ground

In a short time. Started with recruiting better

Players then......coaching the up.

Kevin Sherrer is a valued recruiter and coach. In Florida I know that KS is listened to with "open ears".

Other coaches that help move UGA up in the football wars . . . . Kevin Sherrer, Bryan McClendon, Thomas Brown and Jeremy Pruitt are fast becoming a "force" in the Sunshine State.

As stevedawg mentioned in this thread, we need to "do something different". From where I sit, and the football folks that I know in Florida believe Georgia has done something "different". Check out the second year coach that Pruitt hired as soon as he set foot in Athens.

This group of defensive coaches have some more time together, no doubt there will be positive changes not only in recruiting but the play between the "Hedges", which is a direct result of recruiting and "the right way to coach" in the most difficult football conference in the USA.

DWS said and he is right in my mind.

No entitlement with CJP an company you earn it by hard work.

georgia.247sports.com/Bolt/Sherrer-ranke...-in-the-SEC-37976811

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68588 by Buc
scooby, this paragraph from your post #7 got my attention.

Now you guys might very well be right that MR will not win a NC. That is another issue. His personality is not nasty enough and his religion will not allow him to get a little sneaky, ie cheat. And while this is a problem if you want to win NC's, its part of the reason he is making $4m a year in his 15th season.

Truth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scooby

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago #68589 by scooby
A few other thoughts and questions:

How many of yoos guys go to games? How much do tickets cost? I might be interested in the bama game if anyone has an extra. :) I do usually go to a couple of nfl and college games every year but im kinda getting burned out on it. Thinking about just going to the local HS games this year.

Did MR publicly say Hutson Mason was going to be the starting quarterback last year "since he was a 5th year senior". I seem to read that a lot and just wonder if thats true or just a feeling.

Id like to see UGA win a couple of NC's and then see ogre put a heart around coach Richt for his avatar.

Really get tired of seeing the universities "grovel" to the young 5 and 4 stars when most of them guys dont have the academic skills to get in to start with. Its crazy how important winning has become...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 8 months ago #68590 by scooby
To follow up on my last thought, I couldnt believe this guy really laid it out there.

www.foxsports.com/college-football/story...s-are-at-risk-061115

More
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds