Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68424 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Who knows maybe the players are feed up with the CRAP too .

Because they can win inspit of coaching.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68425 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Something that I think about.

2014 Season, we dress Auburn down by the score of 34-7.

Faced Missouri at their place, won 34-0.

Some of the talking heads are picking Auburn to win the West.

Some of the media seem to think that Missouri will hold their own in the East.

Have to say this again and it has been said often, or many times.

South Carolina, Florida and Georgia Tech in 2014.

Often players at some schools are totally responsible for the outcome of their seasons.

Takes me to this . . . . If most bloggers, media folks, coaches and others are right, Georgia is stronger this 2015 Season than we were in the 2014 Season.

Some of that can be backed up.

We are really two deep at every linebacking position. Some that will get less playing time than others could easily play and start at other D1 schools.

Offensive line is deeper than some want to believe. We can call out the starters by name, but those that won't start are as close to being starters as a player can be.

If we lose 3 games this season, there should be no remaining questions as to what is missing.

Any one of the three or four quarterbacks can take game snaps with this talent and win. Should never drop games like we did in 2014. Just no EXCUSE for that. On second thought, maybe there will be another EXCUSE. Seems to be the special of the day when we lose.

Could not let this slide. Comes from Bill King of the AJC. I scratch my head when I read garbage like "skill positions". Those are the folks that love UGA football but have never had a pair of cleats on in their life.

What does it take to win an SEC championship?

A superior level of talent (stoked by a successful recruiting program) is a big plus, of course, and not just at the skill positions. Who you’ve got up front counts a lot on both sides.

More
8 years 9 months ago #68426 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Exactly Buc. What you said....takes us to

No excuses....... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 9 months ago #68427 by Buc
yankeedawg1, when I read what ogredawg had to say . . . . that is all he is saying. Never have we had more talent in Athens than we have "now". Thing about that, there is a ton of talent that will land in Athens that none of us know about.

Talent has never, ever been a problem. We did reach the point that too many talented players were not on board with UGA.

Can't have a defensive coordinator that thought he could show what he thought were credentials and fall flat on his face. Hard work was not a part of his makeup. Same can be said for the coordinator that he replaced.

Is the Alabama Gang the "needed" remedy? Will find out much more in 2015. Have said this before . . . . hope that Pruitt and Schottenheimer have a meeting of the minds. Both believe they are the best. That pleases me, only want the best. Bobo and Pruitt had gotten to know each other . . . . very important. If we have any thoughts of moving past the first goal that our head coach "used to mention" winning the East, offense and defense have to do some things that have not been done for a LONG TIME.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68428 by Buc

Lot of talk about football both college and pro ranking in the bucks.

Bring this little ditty forward for a look see.

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/14...illion-compensation/

Rounding out the numbers . . . . 35 million for RG last season (2014). That comes out to $95,890.4109589041 a day.

Our head coach has been over the million dollar mark + for many years. That comes to $10,958.90410958904 a day. These numbers are based on $4,000,000, rounded off.

Some think that is ok. Do you folks get the letters from Athens that say they need our support? Send money. "Hey Mom, Send Money".

Saban doubles the figures, guess he has "earned" the money. Does have a lot of Crystal in Tuscaloosa.
Attachments:

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68429 by Buc
If the Bank in Athens wants my money, then I want this return from the Bank.

I don't want to walk through piss when attending a game in Athens. That started with Bill King. Not that Bill King walked through the pp, he passed along what those that did had to say about the pp. Bill King got the clicks and the AJC loved it.

I don't want a head coach that has 15 years longevity having the public relations department covering his steps. You make the big bucks, own what you have to "show" through 15 years of work.

Don't say to me that you don't read or care about what someone like myself has to say for more years than you have been alive. Someone that has put more into UGA than you have. A family history that has been there since the late 1930's.

Getting closer to Fall practice. Can see where this board and others are headed. Nothing changes, up until the Fall.

Look over years of the "same stuff".

ogredawg does not need to be defended. Just read what he says and go from there. He loves UGA, simply saying don't cover me/us with BS.

I said that and stand by that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, ogredawg, yankeedawg1, growl, Dawg With Style

More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds