Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

8 years 8 months ago #68446 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
LimeyDawg, when a program is on the rise, begin to see this type of movement. Was time for UGA to move out of the darkness.

FSU will continue to get many of the players that they want.

Florida is on a growth path.

Same rules apply for all, x number of players each year.

Lots of talent in the State of Florida, not telling you anything.

As far as I can tell, McElwain is to be watched closely. He is definitely making progress in the Sunshine State. Making huge inroads in Central Florida.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #68447 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
LimeyDawg, Nauta would for sure be a nice pick up. BIG, physical, smart and great hands. This will be interesting to watch play out.

More
8 years 8 months ago #68448 by Buc
LimeyDawg and sflanagan21, thinking that we now have a chance to have Nauta wearing the Red and Black . . . . Went back to the videos and . . . . this young man is an absolute terror for cover 2/3 defenses. "Star" has got to hate to see the likes of what could be with talent like this.

Looks as if Lilly is not getting all of the "High Fives" that folks like myself should be handing out.

Appears the changes in Athens are beginning to build "momentum". Realize that Lilly has been around for a long time.

www.hudl.com/athlete/2000677/highlights/159264375/v2

Really like Jackson Harris more than a lot. Jackson is a bad ass, in the best sense of the words.

www.hudl.com/athlete/1908773/highlights/158366379/v2

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68449 by Buc
sflanagan21 this is for you.

Is it possible that Jackson Harris could line up as a fullback or whatever the position is named, H-back?

Really like Jackson Harris.

Speak Brother . . . . You said from the beginning, and I use your description of the words . . . . "Schotty" likes "tight ends".

Does it not appear that Schottenheimer is getting "his way" of running the offense?

You are a straight shooter and continue to coach high school football. . . . am I on track?

Ask this of you . . . . look at the film of both tight ends and "fill me in". I do see "nasty".

Edit . . . .
Allow me this . . . . Not typing this to be "ugly". I believe that we have not used our tight ends enough in the recent past. Hard for me to believe that talent we now have at the quarterback position and a "noodle arm" like Faton Bauta has, with his knowledge of the playbook combined with talent like we see in the above film that "every defensive coordinator" in the SEC would not spend some sleepless nights. I would.

More and more I am beginning to think that Schottenheimer will move in the direction mentioned above.

Give me some insight sf21.

Have to add this . . . . Faton Bauta can put the "spiral" downfield.

More
8 years 8 months ago #68450 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Jackson Harris is going to be a force to be reckoned with that's for sure Buc! Man we are deep at that position right now and very talented and that's right in Shotty's wheelhouse!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 8 months ago #68451 by Buc
sf21, need this from you . . . .

Jackson Harris lining up in the backfield. Not on the sideline, lining up with the first team.

Give me some help . . . . Am I that delusional?

More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds