Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68250 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Well were getting a new Ugah this year!

Russ your still my favorite because you were different. ;)

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68251 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
DWS did read where "Que" was on trial, behavior and such.

Russ will always be my favorite. Team player, filled in when needed. Much asked, much given.

Seem to remember this board being the leader on the color issue. Then it was followed by this and others articles and blogs.

www.dawgsports.com/2012/8/30/3281278/rus...nd-is-crowned-uga-ix

There is "usually" a reason for most things, this one I need some help with. Not against "Que" or which pup is chosen. I have my thoughts.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68252 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Good morning Buc me an my Dad said Russ just looked like a Real Junkyard Dawg.

Enjoy your Sunday

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68254 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
DWS I am probably too much of a "sideline" coach/critic on many decisions being made by those that "actually" control Georgia Football.

Beginning to see many that were totally pissed at the beginning of the 2015 Season warming up to the "beginning" of 2015 as has been the case for sometime, many seasons.

Nothing wrong with "pulling for the good guys". Also nothing wrong with "wondering why" certain decisions are made . . . . and for what reason. I firmly believe that folks like myself have "barked" for the past few seasons have good reason.

Going to repeat what I said back when the Russ issue first started, after that Athens made a move.

"If we have to have a totally white mascot, then maybe we should have an entirely white football team".

Many after that said, not talking about this board, others . . . . "It is tradition", then followed up with excuses that were too deep rooted for me.

Say this . . . . Glad that our head coach showed some "wisdom" with the hiring of the folks from Alabama and other places. All of us care about our family and friends, most of us know that can be carried too far.

I will bet this . . . . Hard decisions, game winning or losing decisions will not come from Mark Richt alone, this season. If so . . . . wait until next year. Decisions made prior to 2015 speak for themselves. Facts are facts.

This new group of coaches have proven one thing at this point . . . . they are fully capable of recruiting Georgia and are doing well in Florida, testing the water in Alabama. Single largest improvement I have witnessed in many "football years in Athens" is hiring coaches that are not friends or family. Cost Bobby Bowden his job.

Ask this question . . . .

Has the fan, media and internet morale reached a higher peak than before the arrival of Pruitt/Rocker and Company? Easy question to answer, check all of the blogs and what has been said since the arrival of coaches that coach and coaches that actively recruit. No desk jobs came with the new hires. Football coaches in my opinion.

Edit . . . . Went back again and read your post in this thread yd1.

You explain and make excuses.....somewhere in between lies the truth....

I buy into that yankeedawg1. I sincerely hope that Mark Richt would read that one statement. Many successful coaches understand that the "middle ground" will keep you hired. Those that set their sites higher often make more money and don't worry about the middle ground.

Not meant in any other way than I want more from those that wear the titles to earn the right to continue holding their place of "appointment". Leave that alone for now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
8 years 9 months ago #68255 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
I have said and will again and again...

Last year was more than fans could take of CMR. Staying on this year is a gift he should not waste on the same old same old.

Passive manager has been suggested many times on this board. Another pooch and who knows what will happen.

All eyes on CMR this year.

The rest of you guys over at the UGA athletic complex... PLAY BALL.

GO DAWGS!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

8 years 9 months ago #68256 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
In Russ we Trust..... Loved James Bond.so I can

Connect with "Q". He was able handle the Red Coat band

Only QB at the countdown to kickoff at Sanford was

FB. Interesting...... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author