Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68258 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
stevedawg you said . . . . Last year was more than fans could take of CMR. Staying on this year is a gift he should not waste on the same old same old.

Said in far fewer words than I use. Reminds me of averagedawg.

Much of last years feelings have been erased as is the normal run of blogs and media hype.

This I buy into . . . . often stated by ogredawg.

Tightening up the interior of the defensive line has to be a target for the Alabama Gang. Not like they did not see what happened in JAX and against Tech. They are football coaches first, family and friends don't come into play.

If and when UGA understands that winning football games with a lot of talent takes a different style of coaching than we have seen for too long, might see some difference.

Again, just look at the "reasons" we have lost some games that point in the direction of . . . . filling in the blanks are not necessary.

Another question . . . .

Will Georgia win the East side of the SEC?

I ask that question for this reason . . . . That is where our head coach has repeatedly said his marker is set. I understand that has to be done to move forward. Takes me to this . . . . why do other coaches in the SEC and elsewhere set their sites higher? Maybe this new group of coaches can influence MR's way of thinking. Something has to change or the UGA blogs will continue to read the same year after year. Entering our 15th year under MR.

The only person in Athens than can change how many of us post is by being realistic about one's talent level in the coaching profession.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68259 by Buc
yd1, have had conversation with a friend of mine that reads this board and he still calls Valdosta home. Hears the things that many are not privy to.

In your post above you mentioned Faton Bauta. Read that article and others. I am told that the older players in Athens have great respect for Faton. He kisses not a single ass, does everything asked of him . . . . and more. The older players appreciate Faton, and respect him. Offensive line loves him, makes their job easier because . . . . he has "wheels".

David Greene said recently on video that every one of the players that want the job under center can pass the football. According to David, not a lot of difference. We loved David Greene, and he did not have the arm that Faton Bauta has. Fact.

Waiting to hear why Ramsey missed the latest appearance in Athens. Hoping it is something that was not under his control.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 9 months ago #68260 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Posted earlier we can win the east....this year we can lean on our D

I have said if the players want to change the conversation just win. We now have coaches who understand that message also.

CTR will improve greatly our run D in year two. Not only do we have meat in the middle but depth also

Have not heard anything negative on BR. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 9 months ago #68261 by Buc
yd1, several teams in the SEC have talent on both sides of the ball. Will again come down to "management" as to which teams find their way to "glory".

Leader has to understand all of the effort that coaches like Hocke has put in through the summer months needs to be moved forward. If we look back at the folks that have run our S&C Program, a lot of names that could be posted here are no longer involved. In my mind, there is a "story" there.

Would discuss with anyone . . . . don't like to use this term . . . . one more year on the defensive side brings us closer to those that have had our number for several years.

Add this. Speaking to the above . . . . "Direction" often times is not understood. Hocke has "Direction". If our head coach understood that, makes me wonder why it took until 2015 to understand that.

Here I go again. Look over the coaches that were "appointed" under MR and no longer are involved with the day to day operation in the S&C portion of college football.

BVG basically saw what others failed to notice when MR arrived in Athens. Now MR has done a 180 degree flip. He tried it with grantham, did not work. Now the Alabama Gang has been hired . . . . why? They teach defensive football the same way with their "twists" that BVG did. I often count the years between BVG and Willie Martinez, scratch my head and say . . . . Did MR finally wake up and understand that he is "not a complete head football coach". His good friend from Miami is now in his third hitch with a different football team. Ever wonder about that?

Folks that don't like what I have to say, fine with me. I speak to the way I have watched football being handled in Athens. Always comes back to this . . . . you want 8/9/10 wins, three or four on our schedule will almost guarantee that. Then take a close look at the "others". That is something those that call some of us on this board names that do not seem to fit their "next year plan". Spit, they have always been two years away from anything, that includes those that post for clicks and have seats in Butts-Mehre.

I hold this close to my heart and Georgia Football . . . . Erk was removed, more or less from UGA Football and "started" a football program at Georgia Southern. That my Brothers is "leadership".
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 9 months ago #68262 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Just watched the spring game. I still stand by what my broken record has been skipping on all year . . . we do NOT have a QB.

I'm scared.

BR had a really long TD pass. However, the throw was for about 25 yards. The run was for about 65 yards (don't call me out on the yards - I'm just guessing). McKenzie is going to be fun to watch this year. AJ Turman will punish some LBs. I'm not so concerned about the WRs. We have some guys who can catch and run.

Many here will call me out on what I'm about to say - FB didn't impress me either. He had a TD that should have been a sack (maybe an INT?). Did we let the wrong guy go? I honestly don't know. Seriously.

Coaches - you BETTER GET us a QB!!!!!!!!

More
8 years 9 months ago #68263 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
QB's lack any meaningful game experience other than Lambert. HM was as is the HC's MO is to reward his 5th year senior regardless of the consequences, which of course cost us 2 games last year and is costing us now.

Lambert will be the caretaker this year until the savior arrives.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

More
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds