Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

8 years 9 months ago #68236 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughs was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

We had a break in the weather this week temps cooler and less rain.

Early forecast calling for temps to rise next week and bump triple digits.

Good news…… this time next week July will be half gone……

This week’s BPS….. WI……GQB101….. MDH

What if ?????

Looking back at the outstanding year that NC had as a freshman would it have been possible if….. TG3 did not have to sit those games…. Yes we knew in the second half of the Clumpson game that # 27 was going to be a joy to watch…..what we didn’t know is he could do that for 4 quarters….and…. week after week……

No question in my mind we benefited in getting him the carriers and experience as a result of TG3 error in judgment.

And…. The fact that KM did not return at full speed opened the door to SM….. Putting both freshmen on the big stage early……. A very good thing……

Not many college or pro teams could lose a player of the talent level of TG3 and plug the next man up and do as well. Crazy depth at RB……

NC…SM…KM…AJ… and BD…and TC….and Imac…… no question defenses will see fresh legs all game long….. love it…..

Grooming starting QB’s..101

Spent some more time this week looking at other SEC teams who have not named their starting QB’s… took it a step further and looked at other conf5 teams who will have new inexperienced QB’s starting their first season.

IMHO like any trade there is no substitute for experience… in this case live meaningful game experience.

If a backup QB gets in game that is a blowout chances are slim he will be working with all starters on offense. The thinking is why risk your starters when the game is already a “W”

Also you want to gain game experience for your position backups

So….. It appears the only scenario for a backup to get the necessary important game experience is something bad to happen to the starter….

We know have many games AM missed due to injury likewise with AJ at Bama….

I do not think we would have the same level of anxiety had there been a starter named after spring ball….but there wasn’t …much like several other teams…who also are enjoying early QB ….jitteriness…..

I do know that whoever takes control of this offense we are going to have to experience growing pains… much like every other team who is facing the same challenge……..

Fact we became very spoiled with AM……much like we are now spoiled with NC….. Watching talented players tend to do that.

The goods news unlike AM with IC our next QB will have players around him that are working as hard as he is to get better.

Combine the fact we won’t need to score 35 points every game to win. That and having a boatload of talent surrounding him one could make the argument we are a better balanced team.

Again we will have many more answers by halftime of the USC game.

It also seems to me with all the air we keep putting under CNS wings if it was a easy question to answer he and the Tide would not be looking at the same challenge.

Yes the choir sang….but CNS and Bama always have better coaching and players than we do….. I will hold off comment until they like us play several SEC games……

Media Day Hype….. coming our way

Oh joy the yearly dog and phony show opens in Hoover next week.

The Heads will be falling all over themselves trying to spin and re-spin the upcoming season.

The best news is after the smoke clears we are that much closer to the seasons starting.

I like us in the East… I know I say that every year… what’s different….

The “D” will win us some games this year…… been awhile since saying that was a possible truth……

For the choir…. That’s not Kool Aid talking…. GATA has returned with a scoop of nasty…… Dawgs on “D” will be heard from…. Loudly this season…….

Pause and give thanks….

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, NC_Dawg, growl, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68237 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Yankeedawg looking forward to seeing the defense to.

Ready to see CJP secondary he has a lot to work with.

No Kool aid down this way either just ready for some Georgia FOOTBALL.

Almost forgot can't wait to see these RB do there thing!!!!!!! Will be fun to watch.

Everybody enjoy the weekend

Growl hope all is well

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 9 months ago #68239 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
YD1 Wrote:

...GATA has returned with a scoop of nasty…… Dawgs on “D” will be heard from…. Loudly this season……

From your fingers to the Lords ear!.....I grew up watching the Junkyard Dawgs! It's been many a mediocre season waiting for something similar to reappear! Captain Christian had the right mix in the early years, but couldn't keep his ego in check long enough not to lose CVG...perhaps this year???......

MEH,......Show me the money! I ain't buying this penny stock unless I see some appreciable gains!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 9 months ago #68240 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Over the years we have had the same kind of anxiety this time every year, just different. QB anxiety is the worst kind.

I too am looking for hype week to be over. Then there is only about 50 days left to make this pack into a team.

No kool aid here. Just waiting to see.

GO DAWGS!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

8 years 9 months ago #68247 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Bill Shanks will never, ever get a seat in Butts-Mehre. If so, he will not be allowed to "raise his hand".

Seth Emerson never, ever came forward like Shanks did in the article below.

Will take the time to read what Bill Shanks has to say representing what he appears to "see" or "believe" . . . .in the "future", concerning UGA football.

Emerson and those like him were "easy" to be moved in another "direction". AJC understood that a change was necessary, moved the "newbies" in and knew that they were easily "fooled".

Like the Macon newsprint on occasion, Columbus Ledger basically belongs to Auburn. My opinion.

www.ledger-enquirer.com/2015/07/11/38099...eality-and.html?rh=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 9 months ago #68249 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Good to see your OK Buc....started to worry about

A bad batch of bloodies had put up under the

Weather... Not much different... You hammer CMR or

You explain and make excuses.....somewhere in between lies the truth....

Read a SEC reporter. Predictions for Bama to lose

Five games..... He ever makes it any were near Tuscaloosa...... Stay well.... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds