Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

8 years 10 months ago #68069 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
It is apparent at this point that MR is the HC for another season. So like my position has been, everyone will have eyes on the 'pooch kick' guy all season.

I will support our HC through the season with eyes on. Here's a toast to him succeeding. So MR, let the Big Dawgs (coaches and players) on the lines and behind the strategies work the details. You manage.

YD1: "Much will be known by halftime of the USC game"

That's just the way it is.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 10 months ago #68070 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
After retiring, a former Gunny Sergeant in the Marine Corps took a new job as a high school teacher.

Just before the school year started, he injured his back and was required to wear a light plaster cast around the upper part of his body. Fortunately, the cast fit under his shirt and wasn't noticeable when he wore his suit coat.

On the first day of class, he found himself assigned to the toughest students in the school. The smart-aleck punks, having already heard the new teacher was a former Marine, were leery of him and he knew they would be testing his discipline in the classroom.

Walking confidently into the rowdy classroom, the new teacher opened the window wide and sat down at his desk. When a strong breeze made his tie flap, he picked up a stapler and stapled the tie to his chest.

Dead silence...The rest of the year went smoothly .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leadership. Earned not given.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, NC_Dawg, sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
8 years 10 months ago #68071 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Leadership by example. The best kind. We have several coaches and players who can

And will answer the call. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Buc, growl

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #68072 by Buc
yankeedawg1, I have some concerns.

While this might not mean much to some, others will remember.

Our Athletic Director prior to the current director had Georgia playing football on the West Coast, or close to same.

Might be that I am reading this wrong but . . . .

Damon Evans tried and succeeded to put us on this particular path. From where I sit, it was a huge mistake.

The SEC is recognized at the present time as being "the football conference". My opinion, that will either prove to be true in 2015 or the SEC "joins the pack". More can and should be said about that comment.

I see no reason for McGarity to try to expand Georgia's Facebook for the rest of the nation.

Want to play the best, come to the "area" that is currently recognized as the best (earned 7 back to backs). McGarity has made a "huge mistake" scheduling UCLA. He is back trying to "rebuild" his position in Athens. Taken down by a "country boy from Alabama on the IPF issue". At some point he has to "prove" he belongs in a position that requires . . . . "Leadership".

Head coach was not on board with playing football out West before. Too much has to be taken into consideration. Time being the main issue. With the head coach, we agree with that lack of forethought.

Allow me this.

College football has grown and continues to grow. Growth comes with a simple word . . . . "winning". What our University needs to do is this . . . . find the athletes, put together a coaching staff that is not far removed from being around these young players (age wise) . . . . understanding what it takes to move forward.

Exposure will be sitting in our "laps" if we find our way to the Final Four. More exposure than traveling to the Left Coast. Exposure is the game that McGarity is now playing, along with some that apparently agree with his way of "leading"? McGarity was #2 at Florida for a reason. Remained in the #2 position for a reason . . . . Damon Evans had not yet been appointed by VD and there were "no phone calls" for McGarity's services. Good old boy "stuff" again.

End with this. Check our "Roster" . . . . any need to look elsewhere for talented players? Seem to remember grantham saying that he could build a National Championship Team recruiting within 5 hours of Athens . . . . by car.

More to football than x's and o's. Comes from the "Top".

Here is hoping that we "learn" from past mistakes. Last SEC Championship for us? WartDawg knows.

More
8 years 10 months ago #68073 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
I thought I saw those M an M last night just don't have a lot to say right now Richt is Richt the only thing I hope is the players win in spite of him maybe just maybe they we have enough talent that they can do it own there own maybe the assistant coaches can put enough of fire in them so they can do it own there own.

People all the time do great things in spite of having a dumb Ass for a boss.

enjoy the weekend.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 10 months ago #68074 by Buc
I am a bit of a "stat person". I am also a realist that has always enjoyed "history". History of all sorts, not football alone.

Below is an article by Patrick Garbin that plays to the "history theme".

Glad to see Garbin's return.

Hard to argue with "facts".

patrickgarbin.blogspot.com/2015/06/when-...d-and-certainly.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds