Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

8 years 10 months ago #68062 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughs was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

It has been a quite week at the train station no new departures or arrivals…….. a good thing.

This week’s Blue Plate Special- TMAAS….WIWDMIU……WAWBTA

The Myth About Arm Strength……

We are under assault by the media heads that is all that matter… how strong a QB recruit’s arm is.

In football we hear words like cannon,laser and bazooka. Baseball we hear about pitchers with flamethrower arms and explosive fastballs.

The kid throws heat. Well 99.9% of the time it is pure BS.

As I posted last week we need to start with a QB that understands the grounding rule and build from there.

As been pointed out here correctly… the days of throwing a bomb over 50yds are rare. Coverage and the time it takes for such plays to develop while under a relentless pass rush ……place great restriction on the success of such plays.

However they do appear more frequently when playing a lesser opponent who lacks having the speed to cover and/or apply pressure on the QB.

The age of a catch with big yardage added is far much more common.

This calls for less of a big arm and more accuracy. Plus the grey matter to understand defenses and were not to throw the ball.

IMO no QB has been successful without being able to put the necessary touch on a pass when it is called for.

As our HC commented AM threw the ball so his receiver had the best chance of catching it….speed and placement…… that and he understands defenses …he knew before the ball was snapped what his first read was going to be.

We find another noodle arm QB like AM we will be just fine.

Spent time looking at other SEC schools that are searching for a starting
QB….. Bama and LSU….their fans are passing gas just like we are hoping to finds answers before the season starts.

The winning QB in the last NC is back to his 3rd string position on the depth chart at OSU……

What if we don’t messy it up?

For a minute think about our HC not messing it up for the entire season. Hold that thought…… enjoyable …true….enough.

We agree even with questions at QB and center plus a youthful group of receivers that there is enough talent to carry us further than the media is projecting.

Bluntly we have the talent to compete ……

Continue to hold that though for a short while longer…..

We have stated that defenses win championships…true….

Our defense will be better than last year with more depth…..

if the majority of game decisions come on defense don’t see a that as a bad thing….

Bet money that CMR will not play into making any decision that has our defense being any part of it ..fact….. a very good thing

That leaves us to worry about the “O” and Special Team…..

The choir is singing that it can’t happen…CMR has to pull a messy or it won’t be Georgia…… this all based on our past history of 14 years….. last Saturday we saw 37 years of past history end….with a triple crown winner. Hmmmmmmm……..

Heads also missed with the Cavs and King James…… check and see the last time Golden State won the trophy ……. Again hmmmmm….

We are way better than advertised ……

Heads talk about how we have one of the best OL in the SEC and college ball… We are four deep with quality RB’s…… defense….. will be solid….

But because of our past history we will lose games we should win…

Up until the arrival of the Bama gang I would agree with you…..

I would like to see someone sell that to anyone of our Bama assistant coaches…. See how that would fly with CML during one of his 6AM S&C

Workouts……… tell him we can’t win because of our past history!!

Much will be know by halftime of the USC game……

Said many times that the players want to change the conversation… It has to be done on the field with wins…… we now have coaches who understand that also..

Choir thinks I am putting too much faith in the Bama gang….. Well for the present time I can’t think of a better place when come to our football team…..

People who wonder if the glass is half full or half empty are missing the point……. It is refillable……..

Under 80 days to KO……..

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #68063 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Does not matter if the glass is half empty or half full when the HC keeps spilling it

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, NC_Dawg, sadlerdawg, growl

More
8 years 10 months ago #68064 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ MOST INSIGHTFUL POST OF THE YEAR !!!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, ogredawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
8 years 10 months ago #68066 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Another GREAT Friday post, yd1! And I appreciate the optimism - I, for one, am in DESPERATE need of it. Fast forward the video below to the 36:32 mark and watch this play. It's 3rd and 1. We call a roll out to the left. BR has a WIDE OPEN JSW, but throws it high and behind him. This, and other fairly easy throws (for a D1 starting QB) are what bother me and make me wonder if we will have anyone who won't blow games for us:

As for the QB who won the NC last year - he plays for a team that has at least 3 starting QBs, and they can name one. We can't, because apparently we don't.

I can't wait to come back in here after the 'Bama game and eat a huge helping of CROW. We win that game, and I will come in here and admit to the entire world that I know NOTHING about the great game of football.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 10 months ago #68067 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 10 months ago #68068 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Ogre. Once again you have hit the solution on the head.... Keep the damn glass out of the HC's

hands....... Seems like a great job for our S & C coach...... Go Dawgs....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, ogredawg, growl

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds