Forum

Teaching Old Dawg New Tricks ??

8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #68033 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Teaching Old Dawg New Tricks ??
One thing that I remember, keep close to my Red and Black heart . . . . not fooled by those that would try to move folks to their way of evaluating the progress or lack of same in the last 14/15 years.

This is what I think I see. The head coach has made his money. Now he is looking for "other areas" after football that he can continue to keep himself "out front".

Anyone, anyone that reads this board need only face off with me about why the head coach has been "that good" for 14 playing years, going into his fifteenth year without a "named quarterback".

For those of you that like to play the "two year game" under this head coach, you are in my mind a "sheeple". More than one, "sheeples".

This is for those that read this board, it is a fact that the AJC, all of them, read this board.

Those on this board that do not agree with this . . . . "Head coach stay out of the way". If there is not agreement, and I mean this, explain what our head coach does better than other coaches in the SEC. Why do his counterparts rate him in the middle of SEC coaches? I have an answer . . . . Mark Richt has had more talented players than many SEC football teams. He apparently does not understand the "feelings" of us that "know a little bit" about football. Reminds me a lot of Hillary Clinton, evade the questions that pertain to the "real situation". How many more years under the present lack of leadership do we want or need?

Ask this question if you are really into UGA Football? Will it take another 15 or so years? Believe this . . . . there are a "Lot of Fat Cats" in Athens. Not Dawgs, Fat Cats. Ask me, if you really want to know, have posted many of the folks "hiding in the bushes" for a couple of years.

Football in Athens, Georgia goes something like this . . . . Any of you want to finish this beginning? Beginning started in 2001, like our standing for 14 years?

Go Dawgs, Coach'em Up . . . . :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 10 months ago #68034 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Teaching Old Dawg New Tricks ??
10 wins is a success and nothing more to add other than a second tier bowl which even the Sugar becomes when it is not one of the "playoff" bowls. Typical CMR apologist statement from old Billy.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

More
8 years 10 months ago #68035 by Buc
So we are willing to accept 10 wins again in 2015. Go to the Sugar Bowl.

Here is where the rubber meets the road.

Billy , again we have met the "expectations" of the "sheeples".

Not sure that Billy understands "sheeple(s)". He fits the "suit" cut by the "tailor" to a "tee".

Keep counting the "sheeple(s)" jumping the fence, feel sure it allows you to sleep and write what the "followers" want to read and . . . . "click".

Anyone on this board, the Dawgs.com board that will "guarantee" 10 wins?

Question.

After the BS that happened in JAX when we played Nebraska . . . . at that point did "you" have the same faith in the Red and Black that you have now?

What the "f" has changed your mind? Why are we any better in 2015 than 2014? Do we have a better quarterback? Is our offensive line any better? What about the total defense? Is the defense better . . . . for what reason?

Bobo and Friend are gone. Did they lose every game last season? New offensive coordinator that the head coach seems to be in love with will probably make everything better . . . . right?

Here is truly where the "rubber meets the road". How many games will we win this 2015 Season? If you read and don't post now, down the road when the 2015 Season starts and ends, what you have to say will be in the "vault".

I will start. "If" Mark Richt stays out of the say, we have a chance to be very good. Our talent level is good, but there are still holes that need to be filled.

I believe that the center position has been "filled".

Single biggest hole on this team is . . . . the PUNTING GAME. Did not mean to scream that loudly. Single biggest hole a leader. The "TOP".

Please listen to this from me to you. Our problems are from the "TOP". Mahogany Row, McGarity and Richt.

I will explain my feelings.

Nick Saban does not have the same "TOP" problems that "you and I have". Other SEC teams have "caught on" and they are moving forward.

If you and I want to play in the "Final Four" . . . . hope that you understand this statement . . . . We have a "Three Headed Snake", that does not exist in Tuscaloosa. Others are understanding quickly.

Remember this . . . . or maybe I should say this . . . . How is the Indoor Practice Facility coming along? Did Mahogany Row really need a "country boy from Alabama" need to be hired in Athens to get the IPF moving forward? Pruitt did not need that in Tallahassee. Leave it to the "TOP" . . . . will come off of the coins when those that care about more than SEC East Championships want more. Leaderhip . . . . missing from the "TOP". You want to be a "Billy Sheeple", AJC has room for the description of same.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 10 months ago #68036 by Buc
Had to do this, not being ugly. First response to "Billy's" latest column.

TheDawgsofWar
1 hour ago

In his 15th season CMR has every aspect of this program trending up. All the previous weak links have been addressed.

The golden area of Mark Richt is near.

Thoughts?

First post on "Billy's click address".

Won't mention 15th Season. :whistle:

Maybe I was a "bit ugly". Simply because I pulled a "sheeple" post form the AJC.

Damn, I love "Gold".

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #68037 by Buc
Think my time has come to read what others have to say. This comes form Billy's AJC area. Think I will continue to post what others have to say. Agree or disagree, just reading what others have to say.

DirtyDawg
2 hours ago

Bill, you and HotDawg have the right attitude about what it should mean to be a Bulldog fan...unfortunately too many don't. You ask, and I wonder...Why? Just what kind of mindset turns people into 'haters'? Are they the ones that have, at some time or another, predicted an elusive Championship - and probably bet on it - only to end up disappointed? What fun can it be for one of our cynical fans to go to a game? What are they expecting? And do they go away happy with a win, or do they go away with an 'It's about time' attitude? Or worse yet, if we lose do they enjoy the 'I told you so' moment. Like I said, how do get enjoyment from that?

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #68038 by Buc
Think I mentioned in this thread that I would post what others had to say, only fair. From Billy's area . . . .

DoubleDawg
1 hour ago

@DirtyDawg there is a middle ground here also... I have stood by CMR up to this day but I have grown increasingly disappointed. I do not expect a NC every year or even an SEC ring but what really bothers me is to consistently lose to teams who we are, by all accounts, better than. Last year, not one unbiased fan would say that GT or UF were better than UGA - yet we find ways to lose.

I love the link above showing UGA's record against ranked opponents... to an extent anyway. But how many games have we lost to teams where we had better talent and a better overall team? too many.

I still support CMR and really do hope for the best but sometimes it is ok to say "maybe a change is in order". Of course I prefer we just win the SEC this year.

I appreciate the above post. Many of us have tried our best to support our head coach. Bobby Bowden spent many years trying to keep "his team together", hard thing to do. Some coaches are a bit "reluctant to change", there however comes a time when faced with "options" have to be looked at . . . . looked closely at.

I believe that "time" was very close when grantham pulled out.

Reason I say that . . . .

grantham had to put a "team" together, not an easy thing to do.

I do believe that.

grantham understood that he was not the "TOP". grantham also understood that he would never be the leader in Athens. Comes a time when any coach has to do what is "best" for them.

As much as I hate to say this . . . . grantham changed the "position" of Georgia Football. grantham knew that UGA's head coach did not have an overall grip on "team football".

Takes me to this again . . . . Richt is a "sit down" talk to folks trying to enter the "World of College Football" especially D1 SEC Football, better than "some". I say "some" for this reason . . . . Living Rooms are more in Richt's expertise than . . . . on field coaching. Head coach is not that good when it comes to what he is capable of. "On the field is the point that I am trying to make". Say this . . . . we look at decision making, you make the decision. Too much "talent" to let our head coach continue on the same path.

Yes, I know that Mark Richt will continue as head coach in Athens. If I am asked for the length of time, that is one the ledger sheet for Mahogany Row to decide.

Anyone interested in less than ten (10) wins in 2015? Media thinks that we won't reach that mark. I don't know . . . . do you?

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds