Forum

Teaching Old Dawg New Tricks ??

8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #68039 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Teaching Old Dawg New Tricks ??
Quit reading that crap Buc. AJC is the rah rah all is good and 3 losses are an acceptable season. Most of the followers of that on line rag drink the Kool aid by the barrel.

This is the best chance this year with the O line we have and the experience that comes back on the D to be a final 4 team. 2 years away is just not acceptable at least to me.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #68040 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Teaching Old Dawg New Tricks ??
Let's be honest. Why aren't we as enthusiastic about basketball as we are for football?

Our basketball team is traditionally bad, that's why. Why are Duke fans not football fans? Their football team is always bad, that's why.

The reason anyone follows a particular sport is because their school is GOOD at it. That means they at least have some HOPE for championships. We have no (realistic) hope of a championship in basketball. We SHOULD have a realistic hope of football championships.

College football is regional, unlike pro football. We cheer for (predominantly) OUR kids, wearing OUR colors. It's localized PRIDE.

I mention this because those who are happy with 10 wins and a trip to the Outback Bowl to play a 2 or 3 loss team from the B1G are just happy the Dawgs got some TV time. I think (speaking broadly here) the "brothers" on Dawgs.com are hoping for something better. But we know enough about D1 football to know what it takes to make that happen. Being within a lucky or unlucky bounce of the ball of a championship only RARELY wins championships. It's way better to have the total package and SHOW NO MERCY. We've had that package many times, but unfortunately we seem to lack that "championship gear". Can't really blame that on players.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, growl

More
8 years 10 months ago #68041 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Teaching Old Dawg New Tricks ??
We have discussed offensive line play on this board for some time. Seems others are doing more of the same recently.

Not sure I agree with the author about a lack of depth on the offensive line. That in my opinion is going to be one of the "big surprises" (literally and figuratively) in 2015.

bulldawgillustrated.com/2015/06/15/greg-...all-about-that-line/
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 10 months ago #68042 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Teaching Old Dawg New Tricks ??
Prime example of trying to find something to write when there is nothing. OL has depth more will

Be added this year. Expect Edwards to return plus others. Big Country and EJ. Arrive to work in

Rotation. CRS will keep improving depth add skills. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 10 months ago #68043 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Teaching Old Dawg New Tricks ??
True Dat yd1.

Know that you have been a fan of Edwards and his work/playing habits. I am a fan also. If he has healed, Sales type of player. Me thinks. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 10 months ago #68044 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Teaching Old Dawg New Tricks ??
Not a rap against CWF. But think with new S & C coach and with CRS will benefit Edwards

Rehab. Here from campus CRS has taken him under his wing not rushing and don't feel

The pressure to rush or you wil lose your opportunity. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds