Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

8 years 11 months ago #67782 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs

1. The team is what it is. Good talent in place. We will see how it goes on Sept 5. A lot of it has to do with team development and coaching between here and there.

2. Watching CMR. Looking for change in his POV and style. Maturity would be a good thing. He is an old Dawg now and needs to learn how to manage the young pups without interference.

My prediction for June in Georgia.. humidity and temperature in the 90's. Air conditioners on high.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67783 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Something that continues to bother me is the quarterback talk surrounding Georgia.

With the supposed competition as close as Richt says it is, one or two of the players are going to be disappointed.

I believe that there has already been conversation between coaches and players that we are not privy to. To be expected.

Have posted that I believe Jacob Park will leave and probably end up in Colorado. He will be ahead of the game because of his time spent in the Mike Bobo system. Also believe that Bobo would rather have Jacob Park.

There was talk about Golson and now Lambert. Say again, have to believe that one and maybe two of the players have let it be known that standing on the sideline won't work this time around. Don't buy into the “line” that is offered by the head coach that he wants four (4) quarterbacks on the roster. Reason I say that . . . . There is a young player already on the roster that is a very good football player, smart, runs well, good arm. Sam Vaughn. Played in my neck of the woods and he is very good.

My opinion, another area that our head coach has not handled well over the years.

Las Vegas has Georgia winning nine (9) games in 2015. I look at the roster and it concerns me that the amount of talent we have on campus and the “bookies” figure we lose three (3) games. That does not jive with our head coach saying his goal is to win the East Division of the SEC. Those that gamble for a living are not buying into our head coach.

One more thing about Sam Vaughn . . . . Sam is a 6'4" AM. Sam I suspect might be, or probably is leaving Athens to play football for another D1 university.

Four quarterbacks on scholarships, Richt has the final say as to whether or not the scholarship is awarded. Now the head coach has found himself surrounded by folks like myself that have every reason to question his ability to "lead".

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 11 months ago #67784 by swampdawg
Replied by swampdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
There are all kinds of leaders. The HC is put in his job by specific folks who set the priorities. If the priority is 'handsome man that will look good in mainstream media ads targeted to the demographic', then they have their man in CMR. He can even sell Ford trucks. The "Marlboro Man / Joe Camel" for college football.

He handles the PR events, even admits mistakes made on the field in PR conference. All packaged for the next week's news cycle. Vanilla.

Buc said "...the head coach has found himself surrounded by folks like myself that have every reason to question his ability to "lead".

He can lead. But is that where we want to go?
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
8 years 11 months ago #67785 by Buc
swampdawg, have said it before, say it again . . . .

Like the "flavor" of your posts . . . . Vanilla they ain't.

Many Georgia fans and supporters have come to the realization that Mark Richt's calling is as a "Carney". He understands as a "peddler" how to get those standing outside the tent to pay the fee and take a look inside. Been inside "twice" with Mark Richt barking . . . . both times I entered, realized that I had been nothing more than a "contributor" to a fake promise of things to come . . . . two (2) years down the road. The journey of two (2) years has worked for the Public Relations arm of UGA football for . . . . forever.

McGarity, fix the plumbing in Sanford Stadium. Use some of the "Carney/Peddler" coins. Four (4) million a year . . . . and your salary of over 1/2 million a year. A bit surprised that Athens Public Works has not moved forward on this issue. Lawsuits often cost more than doing the right thing. Don't continue to make the "peasants" walk in filth.

Lawsuit definition, a case in a court of law involving a claim, complaint, etc., by one party against another; suit at law. Bill King made a complaint in the AJC that UGA is on shaky ground.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67786 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
LOL. Carney. Can't get that picture out of my head.

I was going to say the same thing,.. spend the PR money on IPF. Add fix the plumbing in the stadium while you are at it.

The Georgia Dome gets replaced when it needs repairs. The taxpayers do it for the non profit corporation known as the NFL. The new Braves stadium premium seats will be 495.00 per game. Again, the taxpayers are building them a new stadium that is not needed.

Where is the money going at UGA? The season tickets cost a lot. Donations required etc. A lot of 'off the books' money involved to get on the list. Who pays for stadium maintenance? Where is that money? I do not know a stadium in the world that doesn't have a maintenance and repair budget. And it is very obvious there will be no new stadium for the Dawgs. Not having a budget to keep the stadium running is irresponsible. Added: Oh wait... the luxury boxes for donors and so forth are real nice.

It goes on and on.

Go Dawgs!!!!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

8 years 11 months ago #67787 by Buc
stevedawg, takes me to this . . . .

You mention maintenance crews.

A few years back there was a lot of controversy about fans leaving garbage after tailgating. There were some sloppy tailgaters with little respect for the surrounding areas of a beautiful campus. The response to that from the President at that time was swift.

New President, new Athletic Director . . . . same Group basically on Mahogany Row. This particular group does not have any of the problems that "paying fans" face somewhere around eight or nine games a year.

Mark Richt sticking his chest out like he made the IPF come back to life. BS.

What has McGarity accomplished? Improvements on the upper level. Dufus is in over his head.

Check these numbers out, plucked from Sports Illustrated . . . .

Thanks in major part to the contributions of its nine-month-old cable television network, the SEC distributed $435 million to its member schools, up $292.8 from last year. (The total revenue figure is actually higher, but the SEC office receives a one-fifteenth share to fund its operations.) That’s $31.2 million per school, up $10.3 million from last year.

Parent company ESPN owned by Disney . . . . remember the chat on this board about Mickey and Minnie?

Bet this . . . . you will not walk into a Disney owned property and have the same plumbing problems that are still being "ignored for 2015" by the Group.

One slip and fall, the line of attorneys will reach from Athens to Atlanta and back.

Shameful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds