Forum

Monday Morning Water Cooler Talk

8 years 11 months ago #67511 by DawgDoc
Replied by DawgDoc on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler Talk
:) :) :) Being the resident 'OLD FART" I am going back in time to Sept 23, 1950 the first game I saw in SS as a freshmen in under grad school. We played the mighty Maryland Terps lead by their two great line men the Modelewski brothers, "Little Mo & Mighty Mo". It was 92 degrees F & the Treps melted away in the Georgia sun. We whipped them good 27 to 7. Why this game seems to stand out above all the others I attended I don't know. I really don't dislike Old Steve S, I think he is the best offensive coach in football today, yah he tells it like it is & that's not appreciated by many. That's just Steve, take it like it is. I don't dislike VD either, he had a great run. Yah I loved Coach Erk driving his pink convertible around Athens. My son attended his summer camps for four years, but he went to Auburn (turkey buzzards) instead of Georgia. Can't win them all, Sugg Jordan was a good coach & a little bit of a "skul-dogger" like so many in the SEC at that time.
As always, GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Member since 1999
The following user(s) said Thank You: NC_Dawg, Buc, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67512 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler Talk
Easy-The 2012 Cocktail Party. I've been to a LOT of sporting events, was at IU when the General was at his peak (75-80), have been to Final Fours, NBA, NFL and MLB playoffs, bowl games, Cobb County HS Baseball games (talk about good clean hate :S ), but I have NEVER seen anything quite so intense. 'dawgs won their second straight (17-9) and the energy when we left the stadium was like nothing I've ever seen.

Except maybe a couple of IU-Purdue hoops games when I was in school. :woohoo:

We went in 2013 also and hope to go back again this season.

The UGA games I've been to have all been made even more special because I went with my son.

Don't like Urban Meyer, Bobby Petrino and Todd Grantham.

DAWGtm said:

1) 2006 WKU section 607 row 20. It was me and my family's first game we were able to go to.

This was my son's and my first UGA game also! Except I didn't miss a play because he wasn't ABOUT to miss a play. Walking out he said, "I want to see a conference game." :laugh: Proud papa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, DAWGtm

More
8 years 11 months ago #67513 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler Talk
Think about “our board” and sometimes I really want to see other board members come up and post or be a part of a thread.

Good example of what sadlerdawg did this Monday. From where I sit, it was a good thread, and it was posted in such a way as to have all of us on the “same page”.

During the season, also Spring and Fall, gives many of us room to make posts that might not be what every member agrees with. That is also good, me thinks.

Been here for a while now, not the “oldest fart” on our board, (that has been settled between DawgDoc and myself) but have been around for a while and read every thread and post that hits this board.

There have been a couple of “flare ups”, but reading every board that has anything to say about the Red and Black, this board has class and it shows in the posts. Most of you know that, some have participated on other boards, but it comes down to this in my opinion . . . .

It is easy to get into a piss fight, don't think so, post on the AJC or a couple of others, guarantee there will be more than “one idiot” without a clue that does a “crash and burn” before our eyes. Happens every day that Georgia Football is discussed. AJC relies on that.

Traffic here would be higher if we chose to go back and forth with nonsense. Personally could care less what Georgia Tech does until we face off in their house or ours.

Speaking for myself, I care about what is going on in the SEC and I do keep my eyes on universities from other conferences that are trying their best to be as “good” as the SEC from top to bottom.

Lots of talk from the State of Ohio since the Final Four ended the 2014 Season. Also watched the same thing happen with the same head coach while he was in Gainesville, Florida. Patients is a virtue. Did any of you think that I would post and not take a “shot” at “you know who”?

Anyone that follows this board knows that I can only be good for a short length of time. So there . . . .

Say again, good thread sadlerdawg. The first Monday thread came from Dawg With Style, and I feel he was under a lot of pressure from circumstances not under his control.

Go Dawgs, Coach'em Up . . . . :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc, sadlerdawg, DAWGtm, growl, Dawg With Style

More
8 years 11 months ago #67514 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler Talk
sadlerdawg, going to post this article here. Reason, sometimes threads slow down as you know. If you want me to post this elsewhere, will start another thread, not a problem.

Reason. Not that long ago, the gamecocks were crowing about their recent butt kickings against us.

Here is where I venture off in another direction.

Todd Gurley was selected in the first round. Mike Davis came a bit later. With the talent we have and have had, what is the reason for the gamecocks winning against Georgia? Seems that those with the "big bucks" in the NFL seem to think that we had the best running back, this year and a lot of years.

What was the reason for the play calling in the 2014 Season against Steve Spurrier? At this point, I am with you . . . . believe that two (2) stubborn coaches, head coach and offensive coordinator needed to first off . . . . check their "stance" and I like the fact that Bobo is gone, and I will continue to watch Richt. Both seem to be very comfortable at this point. Then I recall the Georgia Tech game, same head coach and same offensive coordinator . . . . just trying to sort through the BS that I see coming out of the Public Relations Department in Athens, and other places.

Bet this . . . . the defensive side of the ball is far ahead of the offensive side. How can Georgia not have a quarterback in place for the 2015 Season? From where I sit, it is a continuing saga of a lack of "Leadership".

Jacob Eason is coming to Athens in 2016, went back and read all of the "stuff" about Matthew Stafford. Reads the same. What did Stafford accomplish in Athens?

Personally do not believe that any player or players can change "outcomes" without what . . . . "Leadership". AM left campus twice to improve his game. Said it before, say it again. Now I see the same thing going on with the lack of "Leadership" concerning the quarterback position. This is where folks on this board get "silent". It is a subject that should be discussed "outside" of the AJC and the media folks that like to tell "us" what we don't know.

Those that do post usually say something like this . . . . we are getting better, just check the effect Jacob Eason has had on recruiting.

This is what I want from those that say Jacob Eason is the answer and the way to the Final Four . . . . give me and others a "written guarantee" that all will change with Jacob Eason.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, growl

More
8 years 11 months ago #67515 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler Talk
This seems like a good place for your post Buc. The thread was about coaches we dislike, so posting about certain ones kicking our coach's butt seems to fit right in.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, Dawg With Style

• sadlerdawg
  • sadlerdawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 11 months ago #67516 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler Talk
The old ball sack has CMR's number that is a fact. He can take a mediocre team keep the game close and 3 out of 4 times he will beat CMR.

As for the silence about Eason and the future QB position guess people believe what they are reading or being fed anyways.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sadlerdawg

More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds