Forum

Monday Morning Water Cooler Talk

8 years 11 months ago #67493 by sadlerdawg
Monday Morning Water Cooler Talk was created by sadlerdawg
OK, I'll start off the week with a couple of topics I'm interested in hearing about. Both pertaining to football, but not so much X's and O's.

First topic--What is a UGA game you attended (or watched, if you've never attended) that left the biggest impression on you. Could be the outcome, the opponent, who you attended with, whatever. I have two....Idaho St in 2010, believe it or not. It was at that game I met and became good friends with a fellow board member, Fire_dawg. We made plans, met the morning of the game, tailgated, spent the game and day together, and have remained friends since. We still call or text, and he has family about an hour from me so we have met up a couple of more times since the game. A close second, for the same reason, is the UK game in 07. There I met and hung out with wlayton, averagedawg, and goosedawg. I've kept in touch with goose and we've met up at a couple of other games.

Second topic...which coach in college football, do you hate the most? If you don't like to use the word hate, which one do you take the most pleasure in seeing them fail? Though many could rightfully win mine, it is a landslide--the ol' ballsack. Never liked him. Despised him at UF, despise him at USCe. And it's not just because he's owned us...he's just a cocky, arrogant ass IMO. I hope we lay it to him every time we play him.

Now, 3, 2, 1, GO!

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Buc, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• sadlerdawg
  • sadlerdawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67494 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler Talk
Herschel Walker Against Bo Jackson in Ass burn went with my Dad an his best friend awesome game

Great job Sadler

What ever coach is coaching against the Georgia Bulldogs!!!!!!!

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67495 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler Talk
1965 Georgia/Alabama and Georgia/Michigan.

Georgia 18, Alabama 17. Those old enough in Alabama still question the outcome of that game.

Georgia 15, Michigan 7. Comments before the game from the Michigan faithful and players . . . . going to whip up on some of those Southern Blackeye Pea Eaters. Kirby Moore to Pat Hodgson, then a lateral to Bob Taylor who ran for 73 yards with two minutes left in the game. As good as that play was, Kirby Moore put salt in the Alabama wound with a two point pass conversion to the same Pat Hodgson. Turned a 17-16 game into a 18-17 win for the Red and Black. Bear Bryant never got over that game. Fact. Georgia was having a problem at the time trying to replace Coach Butts.

My dislike for Steve Spurrier was his "mouth". Man can coach football, mouth part used to drive Bobby Bowden nuts. Some of that is coming back to haunt him now. To answer the question, todd grantham. He is at the top of my list, easily replaces Steve Spurrier at the top in our household.

Good post sadlerdawg. The members you mentioned are good folks, for sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

More
8 years 11 months ago #67496 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler Talk
Buc I hate that we didn't get a chance to hook up at the Cap One bowl a couple of years ago like we were planning. :pinch:

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• sadlerdawg
  • sadlerdawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 11 months ago #67497 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler Talk
sadlerdawg, have thought about it many times. It was quick and a lot of Red Jerseys there. To defend myself I did give you my Section and Seats #'s. Thought maybe I had said or done something wrong. :)

Glad to see you posting again. Much to Georgia football if all of us take a close enough look. You are one of the "elders" here, more is expected.

Another problem in Queens and also in Texas last night. Say again, stay safe. Have a lot of folks in Texas and they do subscribe to taking care of business. Know that this is not football, just have my thoughts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg

More
8 years 11 months ago #67498 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler Talk
Great topic, sadlerdawg!

This weekend was up and down for me - got a new concrete patio poured, so I'll have more space for cooking Tiger Meat and Hedges, but also had to put down an old friend. She was a mix breed, good 'ole mutt - 16 1/2 years old and just couldn't go anymore. I cried like a baby saying goodbye.

First question: That's a VERY tough one. I was there in 1976 when we laid one on 'Bama and the Bear, 21-0. That was an instant favorite. I was also there when UCLA was trying to come back on us in Sanford Stadium when Charlie Dean ( a guy I once tried to tackle in a freshman high school football game - I grabbed a great big 'ole handful of air) jumped a short route and took it about 75 yards. vimeo.com/48260151

There have just been so many moments, it's hard to pick one. I was there in the Field Goal Shootout with Climpsn when Kevin Butler drilled a 61 yarder to destroy the hopes and dreams of the Urnge. So many good memories.

Second question: Spurrious has to be the one guy who is most hateful of all. And I agree - it's not just that he owns UGA - that's bad enough. It's his complete arrogance. Every game against him is VITAL to win, since any given game may be our last chance to beat him. That's what makes losing to him even more galling than anything. Outside of Pepper Rogers, I can't think of a single coach - Bobby Petrino included - that I despise like the Ol Ball Sack. And at least Pepper Rogers was sometimes funny.

Great topic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds