Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

9 years 1 week ago #67307 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs

UGA’s Mark Richt: ‘We always expect to win the East’

The quote above is fine but what should be said is "We expect to win THE SEC and compete for the NC"

Winning the East is of course first but that will not be enough with the talent on this team. Been there done that in winning the East. It is time for more and anything less this year will IMHO be talent wasted.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #67308 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Winning the East has gotten to be like kissing your sister don't you think.

You would think that CMR would come up with a new goal. The team and other coaches aren't thinking that small I'd bet.

I also think FB should be handed the reigns if the competition is as close as it's been reported. Isn't that the way it's always been "the guy with the most time".

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 1 week ago #67309 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Orgredawg. Yours is the only as Spock would say logical. Answer However in doing this you run

The risk of seeing a very steep decline in fan base equity. As you know money talks and selling

The future at the least... take the hit last year or this year. Same bodies year later.... thanks for your

Input... Buc been all over the net looking at. Pictures of our QB. 65 to 35 FB

Interesting enough the Lady Sports Writer leaning FB I am sure you have seen her blog on this

Press pup at the ABH must be BR. cousin. Writes like BR is Peyton. V2

Back in my youth spent time at Saratoga ... Horse track in upstate NY. Mentor taught me to stand by

The betting Window and watch...look at were the money is coming from....fiind a heavy hitter and see

Were his money is being placed....then see if he is cashing tickets. .... next race I would follow his bet

If he was winning that night... let the summer play out see what the picture is in early August

Enjoy the weekend and your bloodies......Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #67310 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Went back and read the Blue Plate Special opening again. Probably will do that several times.

Seems the coaches want the players to work hard over the summer. With this group, I have no doubts that "many" will do just that.

Here is something else that caught my eye . . . . Seniors and other players mention Faton Bauta is ready, willing and able to meet with "any player" at any time and place. For sure he will be there. Check what John Theus said about Faton Bauta.

Question . . . . Did anyone else see John Theus or another player say that any other quarterback has or is putting in that type of effort? John Theus is a Senior and he wants to leave the Classic City with a good season. John Theus and others know "who" has and is putting in the effort.

Allow me this . . . . Anyone that thinks Faton Bauta cannot play football for Georgia at a high level, I suggest this . . . . public relations out of Athens and elsewhere has not eluded to that. A case of skillful public relations work by the "Group". Fact.

Why is Brice Ramsey not already awarded the starting quarterback position? What has he done that does not allow him to enter 2015 as the "recognized leader". All of a sudden his footwork is not good, cannot hit timely pass routes at a high level. During his time on campus, who was teaching Brice Ramsey the Pro Style Offense? Mike Bobo was the quarterback coach. Brings back thoughts that I mentioned in another thread . . . . AM knew there was more and better teachers, did his thing, took a couple of trips and "improved his game". Another FACT.

Jeremy Pruitt made it clear that it is how you practice and attitude is a part of that, if you want playing time under him. Seems some of the veteran players on offense are saying the same thing.

Not a doubt in my mind after watching a lot of film on Brian Schottenheimer's tours with different NFL teams. Schottenheimer will use our tightends, swing passes out of the backfield, slot receivers busting linebackers ankles that try to cover them.

Tightend names that many teams "wish" they had . . . .
Jay Rome, Jeb Blazevich, Jordan Davis, Joseph Ledbetter, Jackson Harris. Will not be surprised to see Jeb Blazevich line up either in the slot or wide. He has the talent.

Talent like the above and also in the running back and fullback positions, just how much does a quarterback have to do? Throw a football 50 yards on a line? Most of the teams that we are watching this day and time, playing often with 5 defensive backs or running cover 2 and 3's. Defensive lines with pass rushers, not often that extra half or full second to get the 50 yard dart off. My mind, takes someone like AM that understands the playbook and willing to put in the time. There will be opportunities in every game to throw deep, keep the defense honest. Nine times out of ten, the short pass 10 to 20 yards wins football games and keeps the chains moving. I expect to see much of that being called under Brian Schottenheimer, it is his history in the NFL.

Edit . . . .
growl, just read your post and returned to say this . . . . Spot Ass On.

Below is the latest photo in the AJC.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
9 years 1 week ago #67311 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
yd1, know that I am laying it out, promised to do that way before Spring Practice began. Have said this more than once, many have . . . . first time shame on you, second time shame on me. I was duped "twice", no more. "I" want the head coach to get out of the way and let the "real" Georgia Football Teams stand up.

As growl said, too much talent to play for the SEC East alone. True "winning coaches" think a bit further down the road. Said this way back when . . . . Mark Richt is the "Barker" outside the tent, when the folks enter, time for the "show" to begin.

I have gone back as I do a lot and listened to pressers where our head coach was the main participant. Have gone further back than that and watched halftime "coach speak", sorry but . . . . then I look at Vanderbilt, South Carolina and Tech. Head coach needs to do what he does best, again . . . . living room work. My opinion.

As you mention above. Watching closely the goings on at Saratoga . . . . I love the horses also . . . . there was a "reason for your method" . . . . standing and watching as your mentor suggested paid dividends . . . . I hope. :)

Kemberley has friends and she often has the right "stuff" for many of us to read. I enjoy the Lady Sportswriter a lot and have followed her work for a long time. Have not read the article you refer to, but bet this . . . . heading that way right now.

More
9 years 1 week ago #67312 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
YD1 regardless of who was under center last year I do think the won/loss record would of been the same with maybe the only difference being that we would of beat Carolina...gaytors no way the D played and Tech with the stoopid pooch...maybe though with a different QB against Carolina the play would of been to #3 with a not say less experienced but "younger" QB under center....and beating Carolina would have given us the yearly goal set by CMR and the $$$ would still continue to flow...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds