Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #67319 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Not trying to enter into the back and forth, will say this . . . .

Anyone that believes that gator football has not changed since Muschamp left for Auburn, hang around and watch.

Totally impressed with Jim McElwain. So are the football players in the State of Florida.

Folks that support Georgia football did 180 degree conversation changes when Pruitt was officially on board.

Do not be fooled, if we let our guard down, there will be problems.

As far as Pruitt being the single cause for what happened in JAX, buy that if you want. Have seen that comment more than one time.

If we enter into a conversation about the JAX game, want those that believe we lost because of the defense to "step up", conversation is available.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 week ago #67320 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
We lost to the gaytors because we gave up 400 yards rushing keeping the ball away from our offense. Granted the offense did not do much when they had the ball but it was kept out of our play makers hands more than any of us would have liked.

thecountrynation.com

More
9 years 1 week ago #67321 by Buc
How does that post go along with your recent posts on Hutson Mason?

More
9 years 1 week ago #67322 by Buc
Watched what Jeremy Pruitt said after the game. Said that the week of defensive preparation was the same as it had been. Players were ready to play.

You have said that you are not on board with Pruitt, words to that effect. Guess you are ahead of coaches like Will Friend and "many others".

More
9 years 1 week ago #67323 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Buc open party join anytime always like to hear a different view in this case from the belly of the beast

JAX. last year imho was the perfect storm or when Murphy plays football

Ain't spose to happen..... 3 games last year that were teachable moments. USC , UF and Nerds

Both for players and coaches. And toss in the UA game as getting it right...

Everyone is a year older and wiser. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 week ago #67324 by Buc
Much to be said about games played in JAX, especially when it involves UGA/UF. I am one of those that would like to see the game moved to the Hedges and the Swamp.

Also realize that this game means a lot of money to JAX. wlayton and I had this discussion when I first applied for membership on this board.

This month there has been a lot of "conversation" about money in the till. Speaking to the tour that our head coach is on now.

When I look at the vendors in the Classic City, doors open, doing UGA business, it would be the largest amount of money ever if the games were played on the two home sites.

Many want to keep the game in JAX. Understandable. We need only ask the folks with businesses in Athens and Gainesville, Florida what it would mean to "their business" if the change were made. Largest "cash flow" for both teams every football season, starting with the inception of a change.

Might want to ask folks that are solid supporters of Georgia Football if they would rather drive from North Georgia to JAX, or . . . . Athens.

Much of the nostalgia of playing games in college football has changed, much like the game has changed.

I remember when Georgia Tech was "the game". Times and things change.

Anyone that says to me that JAX is a "neutral site", would invite them to have a discussion with Thomas Davis of the Carolina Panthers on that subject.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds