Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

8 years 11 months ago #67300 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughs was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Like the rest of the SE it was wet week in the Classic City.

No question the IPF would have been put to good use.

The word that I am hearing is expect something early May or sooner.

This week’s Blue Plate Special : OL16….IsSoIsNot…..WWYHDAHC…

OL 2016…… CRB

We heard very early on from CRS that he knows what a SEC OL looks
Like……

with 3 quality OL committed all who are over 6’6”s tall he is

Filling the slots with really big and tall uglies.. love it

I am sure some of you have seen the following video but as Buc so well

Stated in one of his posts.. worth another look…..gets the juices flowing..

www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/040815aaa.html

CWF did an excellent job of raising the bar for what we can expect from our OL….. imho ….. CRS has picked it up and is

moving this group forward… get that second step down!!!!…… early on some question about CRS having a “Bark”….. wee bit

of a bite to go along with it…. A very good thing…..

All that follows is my opinion along with a few questions…not looking to try to change minds …

Is So… Is Not….

We have a ongoing competition for starting quarterback..Is Not

HC has the game fixed BR is the starter and this is all a rue to keep FB from transferring to USC,UF,UA or CSU.

He is needed here to be a holder for MM on field goals.

The competition is real and pushing both BR and FB to get better.. Is so..

From what I have heard from this board we think Seth Emerson is a standup guy. He does not write fluff and filler.

Here is his take on the QB competition…

www.macon.com/2015/04/13/3691959_analysi...k-decision.html?rh=1

I believe Seth writes what he sees and hears after checking it out in detail. He can smell coach speak as well as anybody…… not sure he would voice his thoughts unless he felt that they were truthful.

I know that many have watched the G Game several times… do it one more time and fast forward and watch only the one on one shot’s with CBS and FB….

I see from CBS body language a coach engaged with his QB… same with FB’s actions.

Notably CMR has made the comment that FB is doing a real good job of

Picking up what CBS is teaching. FB was the only QB….CMR called out..

FB had a back shoulder throw that would have made AM proud… it was the only one of the day. He also used his TE for a TD….

What does all the above mean…your guess is as good as mine…

Word that I am getting from campus … CBS is impressed with FB work ethic and has challenged him to make use of the summer…..

To me it is fairly simple… CBS and CMR want see who works the hardest over the summer to get better….hear the moans..does not matter what CBS thinks…HC’s mind is made up on BR……

I have posted the following before…. CMR made his choice with AM

People wanted HM or LG from the get go…..

Yes I hear more moaning..just like he did with HM…JC…JT3… then there was the DG….

He will pick our next starting QB….

WWYHDAHC…

What would you have done as Head Coach?

How would you have handled the development of our next starting QB differently than what was done by our coaches??

Which games would you have taken game snaps away from our starter and give to the backup..other than mop up??…..

It has been suggested that we needed to go back two years while AM was in his last year…

Again which game would you sit the best QB in the SEC ?

Looking at the Power 5 conferences a majority our in the same position as we are looking to replace their starting QB.

Like us the replacement has no or very little prime time game experience.

Here is what CNS has facing him…

espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/100188/ni...-for-his-quarterback

Looking at the current NC who won with a 3rd string QB with two games experience..those being Bama and Oregon .

This was a case of next man up getting the job done… not flashy just making smart plays.

Cutting to the chase… we have CMR as our HC… he has chosen to surround himself with a different breed of assistant coaches than he has done in the past.

True he may have done this to save his job… or he has stepped outside of himself and learned his role as CEO… and he is no longer a field coach…..the passing of time has led him accept his new role…..

We will know more come fall....

Pause and give thanks

DWS I hope the weather improves and you get some me time

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “ Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67301 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Winning especially winning an SEC championship and going on to winning the NC takes some sacrifice. So to make this post short and sweet the sacrifice should have been made last year and either Ramsey or Bauta being thrown to the wolves when we really had no feasible chance of winning either what I stated above, and the chance of winning it all this year with the talent that this team possesses with a QB that would of had said experience would have been much greater. No meaningful game experience will cost us and the CMR apologist will continue to say wait until next year when the savior from the west arrives.

TIWIWODIfIWasHC

In other words HM would of been the back up like he should of been.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, sadlerdawg

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67302 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
One thing is for sure the regulars that post are loyal.

Hope that's what sums up Georgia football I hope we're better but if not I'll still bleed RED and Black hope is a strong word has nothing to do with Kool-aid drinking.

Sadler for some reason junkyard is not working own my end been raining since I put my father in the ground hope u r having better luck than me.

Had to put own rain suit an ride can't wait to polish the chrome.

Yankeedawg here is a pic of my dog gave my mother the Pitt.

Buc a friend of mine came to see me from that place that made things legal like it should be everywhere. :woohoo:

Growl best wishes to your family and brother.

Duck keep fighting hunker down.

Great weekend to ALL.

GET better Dawgs!!!!

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67303 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Right out of the box this morning (Friday) I read the Blue Plate Special, as has been the ritual with me since the beginning of the series.

To the folks on this board, board members, I have openly put my feelings on our current head coach out for all to see, yes they are on my sleeve.

If read closely enough, I said at the beginning of the 2015 Season, I will speak to the lack of coaching "I" have witnessed from Mark Richt. Have been down the path a couple of times saying I think I see change. Both times I was "wrong".

Now if we are talking "forgiveness" then just how many times does someone that understands football have to return to the same cliff and fall off?

Simply this is what "I" want to see. I want to see a leader that "makes sense" and gets on with the program.

Recently Mark Richt has made some changes. Anyone that has followed Steve's G Day Game Thread can sort for themselves how folks feel about Georgia Football. There was a lot of good, solid football talk in that thread. Said it again, "third time". I see changes, but I am quick to say that the changes occurred because shall I say, other interests.

Don't care how we improve, but I sure as hell want to see improvement. The major improvement that I have seen in "years" is the hiring of coaches that get down in the dirt with the players. Coach responsible for the change, Coach Will Friend. He does not hire, that belongs to Mahogany Row sorts, but he understands "todays" college football game and how to move forward. Quite frankly aw'shucks needs to stop. Personally, I take offense at the way much of "our" program has been presented to us. Maybe I should say , "me".

Below is something to think about. I have harped about some things that I have seen coming from the public relations department. If you decide to read the article below, check the photo to the right side and which quarterback is being shown, with which back. Why? Could that not have been Faton Bauta. Just saying . . . .

Again, if you read the article below, maybe you have already, check what the players are saying, not the public relations group that have their sites set. Do I smell a "rat" . . . . I do. Not the "gym rat" that is talked about in the article, he is Red and Black, has been from the beginning.

DWS, my understanding is the VA and some other groups are looking closely at Mary Jane legalization. Seems to be effective for PTSD. Probably a "fattie" would do more good than a bottle of Whiskey for many. That is what I am told on many visits to my VA.

Ride hard, wind at your back, there will be a day of sunshine. God bless.

Stop with this. Said when the season started, not giving any room to the same BS I have heard and watched for too long. We again have a group of talented players that want to win, they know talent wise the team is loaded. Only thing missing, leadership from the top.

onlineathens.com/sports/college-sports/2...on-enters-next-phase

Edit: Out trolling, did not take long for the first "strike". Bait rigged properly, shotgun line far back has a Wahoo swimming hard toward the boat. More of the "media" stuff. Notice the "photo" in the site below. Again, just saying. As far as the author of the article, never rigged a ballyhoo in his life.

classiccitytoday.com/three-things-we-learned-from-u
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, Dawg With Style

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67305 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Yd1 on spot. Buc too. Good thread all. YD1 Friday posts keep me hanging on during off season.

Mary Jane coming on deck soon. She is good for all that ails you. PTSD? Hell yeah. Relief is on the way.

DWS I hope you find the Junk Yard soon. I have helped all I can by email. Two ways there.. Black Menu Bar on top. (That menu turn red when you scroll down. So it might be either color.) Click "Dawg Talk" on the menu bar...
OR go to your drop down menu in top right corner after you login. These instructions only apply to desktop. not mobile.

Motorcycles. I was named an Honorary member by the New England Norton Owners for years of doing their web site. Now if I just had a Norton .
Norton Rally in NC this July. and... Daytona Bike week was extra fun. Going back next year.

Go Dawgs!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, Dawg With Style

8 years 11 months ago #67306 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
yd1, continuing along with sites that insert photos. Copied your link from Seth Emerson/Macon/Columbus beat writer. Read the article yesterday.

Question . . . . Is it just a coincidence that we see the same theme/photos repeated?

Coming from a public relations background along with publishing and media time, have been exposed and it is a very powerful thing that those in the areas mentioned can "promote and get".

Quarterback photo along with a shot of Mark Richt.

Realize that there are only a handful on this board that want to hear my chatter on this subject. What happens when the "real story" is not exposed. I have an answer . . . . Second place in the SEC East.

It has been said that there are "other teams" with quarterback problems in the SEC. Truth.

Nick Saban is not a quarterback coach. Saban prefers game managers to keep his boat load of "talent" functioning.

Mark Richt is supposed to be a quarterback coach. Seems to me that he has more problems in that area than some of the other positions.

Speaking forthright . . . . I am one that believes Mark Richt is over his head when it comes to playing in the dirt. He is in my mind a "peddler", know a little bit about that also. The football game starts in the living rooms, it ends up on the practice and playing fields. Long reach between the two, and I don't feel Mark Richt covers both areas adequately. Living room, yes. Football field, no.

www.macon.com/2015/04/13/3691959_analysi...k-decision.html?rh=1

More
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds