Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

9 years 5 days ago #67368 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Wow, I'm behind. Work this spring has been a BEAR. But I have a few minutes.

Keith Jackson was one of the stars of my childhood. So was Larry Munson. (Actually, as for Larry Munson, he was - and still IS - just a part of my life, as was Lewis Grizzard and Furman Bisher.)

I think Jackson and Munson both resonated with me so much because neither of them sounded like they were "trying too hard" to be something they weren't. Neither tried to be "like someone" else. They were who they were, and just seemed to enjoy the game of college football. When you listened to either one of those guys, you really felt like you were sitting there with one of your best friends, enjoying a football game. I was lucky enough to have met Munson (as a close friend of mine was his television producer/director in Athens during the late 80s). A person of his stature could have easily been smug to a kid like me, but he was nothing but genuine and kind.

I never had the pleasure to meet Keith Jackson, but I've never heard a cross word about the man, and I'm sure he would have lived up to the image he created so well. God Bless you and keep you, Keith Jackson!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds