Forum

Decision Making and Georgia Player Improvement

9 years 1 month ago #67071 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic Decision Making and Georgia Player Improvement
Really have mixed feelings on Bobo. See him kind of like Mason... DGD, but not top tier talent. I think he got a lot better over time, but at our expense. Jury's out on him as HC and on CBS as OC. Hope we are as pleasantly surprised by him as we were by CJP last year. It does seem that CMR has finally realized that if you want to be a top tier program that you need top tier recruits, staff, and facilities.

I like the direction things are going, especially looking back to the disaster of 2009. Good changes, but it's taken almost as long as politicians to do anything. Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #67072 by DAWGtm
The difference I see between CBS and CJP is that CJP is on a mission to grow and climb higher in the coaching ranks where as CBS is looking for a place to settle in. Saying that I'm going to give CBS the benifit of the doubt and see how it plays out. Speaking for myself I would rather have someone that is hungry rather than someone that is content.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, ogredawg

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #67073 by Buc
A short time back when reading comments made by potential recruits, many times it went something like this . . . . "It feels like home". Too often those words were spoken when a recruit was either returning from or going to visit Auburn.

Now I read more comments like this coming from those we are recruiting.

“I like Coach Rocker, Coach Pruitt and Coach Richt,” Rochester said. “All of them, Coach Sherrer too. They just treat me like family, and they have since I was a youngster. It’s been cool to go through this process and have them build that relationship with me.”

Pruitt/Rocker and Company mentioned above along with our head coach . . . . folks, something has changed in the way our coaches are going about their business. I keep in mind the "uproar" that Pruitt caused when he came out on the Indoor Practice Facility. Seems simple enough to me . . . . want to play with the "big boys" such as Alabama and others, bring the program up to speed. That is what rockdawg meant when he posted this . . . . "It does seem that CMR has finally realized that if you want to be a top tier program that you need top tier recruits, staff, and facilities". Not that long ago we did not hear talk like that coming from too many that we were recruiting.

grantham said we needed to build a fence around the State of Georgia. Apparently it takes more than "words" to accomplish that. grantham had the potential players come to him, Pruitt and Company are out there as DAWGtm suggests, doing the work to improve the team and themselves. Found out early on in life that hard word pays off.

Have a little fun with this one . . . .

So Mark Richt decides to give it up in the next year or so. McGarity of course is going nowhere, will continue to wear the title of Athletic Director. Pruitt is on the last leg of his agreement. Does Pruitt get the job if all has gone well on the football field? McGarity being in charge, does he move quickly to hire Pruitt or does he not want a coach that has backbone.

Take this any way it suits those reading this. Richt made a huge mistake when hired. He allowed the Athletic Directors to basically "bully" him. Many times it appeared to me that McGarity especially was letting Richt know who was boss. Happens often in the corporate world. Then came IPF, Bobo, Friend, Belk Bowl, and last but not least . . . . Jeremy Pruitt. A short list on McGarity.

Just thinking.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 month ago #67074 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Decision Making and Georgia Player Improvement
Defense improves Georgia Improves CJP is going to have a shut down secondary from what I've been reading there doing drills where they actually knock the ball down to the ground.

As far as the offense goes its not that hard to coach when you have our RB or maybe it is seems to me there is always a lot of over thinking.

Enjoy the day 81 here for a high or could get higher who knows!!!!

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 month ago #67075 by Buc
ogredawg traveled back to your post concerning Schottenheimer.

Hard for me to understand why Schottenheimer is being paid $975,000 starting salary.

Schottenheimer will earn $950,000 annually on a three-year contract. While that's short of the $1 million figure that was expected, it's still well more than what previous offensive coordinator Mike Bobo earned the past two years. Bobo was receiving $575,000 annually before taking the head coaching job at Colorado State.

According to everything I have read, the only change in the offensive play calling is the terminology. Other than that, Mark Richt apparently let Schottenheimer know that the playbook would not change. Am I wrong? All I have done is quote what the quarterbacks have said publicly about the difference between Bobo and Schottenheimer. $400,000 difference in Bobo/Schottenheimer calling Richt's plays.

What???

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 month ago #67076 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Decision Making and Georgia Player Improvement
If Richt wants to call the plays . . . fine with me. I'm worried that 2015 will be a "rebuilding year" anyway, because of lack of a QB who has a head for football. At least that's got me worried, because of the inexcusable situation we're in. Three QBs, only one of whom has ANY significant playing time, and he is NOT the QB going into spring. And Richt doesn't EXPECT to have a QB coming OUT of spring.

I think it's my LAST sentence that has me so worried. I understand open competitions, and that's a good thing. But to tell us all that he doesn't expect to be able to name THE guy after the G-Day game, especially when Ramsey has playing time and has a strong arm?!

I'm expecting 8-4 or worse this year, and many may think I'm just preparing to excuse Richt again. That would be wrong. This year's situation was caused starting a couple of years ago, when we took that "all in" attitude with AM. Aaron Murray was a GREAT QB, no mistake about it, but over the space of a couple of years we didn't prepare for his departure. Nor did we do that last year. And now this.

Do you realize the most optimistic talk I've heard about "our" QB is of Jason Eason?! A junior in HIGH SCHOOL?!

I'm taking this too far. Someone - please - please - find me a nice tall glass of Red (and Black) Kool-Aid. The last sip I took had something kind of foul in it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds