Forum

Decision Making and Georgia Player Improvement

9 years 1 month ago #67077 by Buc
On the mark thriller.

If we take the time to look, there are still questions that should have been answered before now. As you stated above.

Jacob Eason. First off does not face the competition that the young high school players in Georgia and the Southeast face, game after game on Friday nights. How many Trenton Thompson's has he played against in his high school starts? Take that a step further, without typing all of the players names. Georgia's linebacking crew, inside and outside.

Media "stuff". Job protection. Mahogany Row loves it. More and more the "real" supporters of UGA football are coming around. Fool some of the fans some of the time, can't fool all of the fans all of the time.

Don't give a hoot how "strong armed" a quarterback is . . . . he is flat on his back without an offensive line. Build the offensive line, the quarterbacks and running backs become "all that". Nick Chubb said so.

Good go, thriller.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 month ago #67078 by Buc
Another shift in coaching position I find to be interesting.

Kirby Smart has taken over defensive backfield coaching. It had become apparent that Alabama was having problems on the backside. Speaks well for Kirby. He will make improvements with the defensive backs, for sure.

Takes me to this. Have watched Alabama do a "slow slide downward" since Pruitt left. That statement, agree or not, check the Alabama backside "overall" since Pruitt's departure. Many coaches run very similar schemes, only so much that a coach can do with 11 players on both sides of the ball.

Comes down to coaching, how well a coach and how soon a coach gets the players attention and "trust".

We lost what were supposed to be some promising players from our defensive backfield soon after Pruitt was hired. There was a lot of moaning and groaning here and elsewhere. What were we going to do? Anyone want two or three of those players that left back in Athens?

Watch every video that is posted on the internet concerning defensive players. Almost without fail Pruitt's name comes out quickly from the high school players mouth. Yes I believe that Mark Richt opened his ears, listened to Will Friend and solidified his position as Georgia's head football coach. Stubborn can be a good thing, if channeled properly.

We cannot and will not sign every top ranked defensive football player that we recruit, but . . . . willing to bet that our percentage has risen and will continue to rise as long as we have coaches that . . . . coach.

My understanding is that Pruitt's office door remains wide open to all of the athletes, he promised that when he arrived in the Classic City.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #67079 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Decision Making and Georgia Player Improvement
Buc as far as Schott goes only the terminology has changed. It is still CMR's offense with a tweak or 2 from Schott. Nothing much will change. Now if Friend was given the chance to be OC at UGA CMR could have gone back to calling the plays and coaching the QB's. Things he does very well, Friend in charge of the OL and the O overall and I have said this before that if that were done it would of freed up room for a SPECIAL TEAMS coach, something that we all know has been lacking and WILL cost us at least one game this year.

As far as Pruitt goes I for one am not ready to hand him the HC job at UGA after just one year. He still has a lot to prove like being able to stop the run and hold opposing offenses to more 3rd and long situations. He has done a real good job of pass defense with a lot of new players but the run is what sets up the pass and our D has to do better or it will cost us like it did against a lousy gaytor team. His FSU defensive players that he recruited did not have a banner year last year and at least to me the jury is still out on him.

As far as Eason goes he is the crowned the savior and Buc is correct he plays against mediocre competition. Now if he was playing in say AAAA, AAAAA, or AAAAAA in Ga. or Fl. and putting up the stats I would be more impressed. BMOC coming to UGA has spelled disaster over the past few years. I really don't think he will start in his freshman year or even his sophomore year because Park is going to be the man. He has the tools and the skills to be one of the best QB's UGA has seen. He has the smarts of Murray the arm of a Stafford and is MOBILE. Going to be hard for anyone to beat him out IMHO. We will see. But I do not see Eason as the "savior". Me I am not willing to "wait" 2 years...the
future is NOW...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc

More
9 years 1 month ago #67080 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Decision Making and Georgia Player Improvement
If and it is an if..... CBS. was doing more changes to the "O" than changing terminology...... would March 25th be a good time to announce this

to the wotld???? Might the opening series against USC be a better place.... might. CBS be a better poker player than we think?

I for one like the low profile both he and CRS have taken this spring...thus far.... both will find there bark before the G. game. My bet

Go Dawgs.....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 1 month ago #67081 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Decision Making and Georgia Player Improvement
Going to give Schott the benefit of the doubt at least until after Alabama unless he really screws things up.... :whistle:

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 1 month ago #67082 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Decision Making and Georgia Player Improvement
Let me clarify my all-too-often-posted-same remarks. What I have really been wanting to hear from Richt - and this would have been having me feeling PRETTY GOOD about now, Aaron Murray fixation notwithstanding, is something like this:

Richt: "Going into the spring, you have to give Brice a SLIGHT nod over the other guys because of his arm and his (admittedly limited) playing time . . . however, I'm not pronouncing a starter just yet, because Faton and Jacob have been showing me so much in practice. I'm just really excited to have not one, not two, but THREE potential starters, who - because of what these guys have shown us in practice - have made picking THE guy impossible. But we're going to give these guys a chance to separate from each other this spring, and I expect to have THE guy coming out of spring drills".

Instead, what I have heard several times has been something to the effect of, "Well, we really don't have a genuine stand out among the three guys we are looking at. And I'm not really expecting that any one of them is going to be able to step up his game and shine enough to stand out, so we could name THE guy even after spring."

I'm an O-Line guy for sure, but what good is the O-Line going to do us, if the guy distributing the ball has no clue? Eventually even BAD D1 defenses figure out poor QBs and make them make mistakes. And those are usually BIG mistakes.

Dang it, I'm sad.

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds