Forum

Public Relations, Covering Head Coach ?

9 years 1 month ago #66979 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Public Relations, Covering Head Coach ?
DAWGtm, Faton Bauta never had a chance. Yes, I read between the lines. Good on you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 month ago #66980 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Public Relations, Covering Head Coach ?
I knew you would. Not saying he's all that we just don't know because up till now he hasn't been giving a opertunity. Can not figure out why he was not given a quarter during the BB.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #66981 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Public Relations, Covering Head Coach ?
Can only speak for myself.

Mark Richt had a long run. What many might not understand is if he moved on, not a problem in Athens.

During the fourteen years of the MR gathering, I have read many posts about Mark Richt leaving Athens/Classic City and the program going to hell. Recruiting would go to hell because MR would find work elsewhere. Still believe that?

Question.

How is it that urban meyer left the gators and now wears the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP CROWN in Ohio?

Another question.

Why did MR need someone like Will Friend leading him to Pruitt?

MR said that he did not remember Pruitt speaking to him in Athens.

Never forget those that cross your path, not those that "tag along".

So, let's go here. If Mark Richt was released or fired, what would happen to our football program?

If that is still what those that say this, question is this.

Are we forever stuck in the same 14 year program that produces the same outcome(s)?

If you don't agree with the above, step up, don't do the "silent thing" that often occurs when someone like myself asks the question.

Easy question, easy answer. Are we better as a football team with MR?

Before answering the question . . . . the question is not about anything other than coaching football on the field. Tongue tied?

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 month ago #66982 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Public Relations, Covering Head Coach ?
We wake up tomorrow and there is a new HC

Same players. Same assistants. Nobody jumps. Ship. For drill CJP named for the 2015

Season...... from here crystal ball time.... sink or swim... games will be played

Wins and losses. Your guess as good as mine... but change will happen

Program is bigger than any HC

Go Dawgs!

More
9 years 1 month ago #66983 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Public Relations, Covering Head Coach ?
Hey Buck, hope you are doing well.

I started not to kick this tar-baby, but what the heck.

There are definitely better coaches than MR. Worse ones to. Whether you would do better or worse depends on who the next guy is. Better with nick saban, jimbo fisher, and urban meyer for sure. Those three all just seem a little slimy to me for some reason. I still think um is going to be back in the sec before its over.

If a fund was started to hire nick saban away from bama how much would you guys contribute? To be honest i dont really care that much about what my alma maters record is and i wouldnt contribute anything for a coach to take us "to the next level". I like to go to the games and see them competitive but don't really care that much. More pleasure for me in winning the sixth flight of a member/guest with back to back 88s.

Ive read the guys who want to keep mark richt as head coach only do so because they are making a lot of money with things the way they are. That may be true, but they would make a heck of a lot more with a few national championships. One thing ive found through the years is the guys making a lot of money are not stupid. Maybe they still think he has what it takes? i dont really know.

Another topic ive been thinking about...I cant believe how much coaches and assistant coaches are making in salary. Those guys at big schools are making at least 10 times what their earning potential would be without football. You make it as a coach in college football you are set.

More
9 years 1 month ago #66984 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Public Relations, Covering Head Coach ?
Buc,

Your post #4 has an impact. (Most do, but that one HITS, sir!)

How do you have these "talented" QBs in camp, ONE of whom has now gotten a couple of extended looks in game-time, and yet you still do not think you will be able to name a starter coming out of spring? Makes me think one of a few possible scenarios:

1. They are all such studs that you just can't make up your mind. (This one is nonsense, of course, because we've already seen what Brice Ramsey does in games with a football - thinks he can out-throw D-1, SEC caliber defensive backs to a covered receiver. He has a good arm, but where is his head?)

2. They pretty much know who is eventually going to start, but they don't dare let the other guys think they don't have a chance - bad for the work ethic. Maybe this is realistic. I HONESTLY don't know.

3. The coaches reviewed the film from last year when Ramsey was in the game. They realize that the other two guys haven't shown it in practice (do they not yet know the plays?!), but they think/hope one of them can somehow cut through the mental fog they've apparently been practicing in.

There's probably about a million other possibilities, but I can't think of 'em. My "edu-mo-cated" guess would be something close to 2., they just don't want anyone letting down, but 3. is what I fear.

I think we have 3 guys, none of whom stands out, and none of whom is LIKELY to stand out. My expectations for 2015 are toilet-bowl-low. Without a QB that defenses FEAR, what good are the receivers - and what good - honestly - are the RBs? Stack the box against us and beat us like a drum.

C'mon, guys - LIFT ME UP!

:( :( :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds