Forum

Public Relations, Covering Head Coach ?

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #66985 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Public Relations, Covering Head Coach ?
Scooby like you said above about coaches not being stupid. Don't really believe anyone of our coaches are stupid. Harsh word.

Do believe that there is a fox or two in the hen house. We watched recently a "power struggle" between a couple of the higher ups. We will never get the full outcome, know that it brought a lot of attention to our program and the press loved it. Makes their job so much easier.

Back to football.

For the past 4 or 5 years it has been preached on this board that depth is and has been a huge issue in Athens. While there was depth at certain positions, too many positions went unnoticed. In my mind when a portion of the team is not getting the needed attention, referred to as "teaching or coaching" the entire team and fan base suffer.

Here is a recent comment from Jordan Jenkins and it tells a story in a few words.

“We have the depth now where we can put people where they want to be put, now that we’ve had a full season in the system".

Also notice that Pruitt is not speaking to the press in the off season. Football coach, has things to do, not fill press pages full of galley type. As Jordan said, players have been in the system for a year. Now the "watch" becomes more intensified for the defense. With improvement comes higher expectations. So, I am again with Pruitt/Rocker and Company. Spend time with the football team, press clippings and videos don't win football games.

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #66986 by Buc
thriller, your post above is one of the reasons that you need to show up more often.

You said some years ago or at least a long time back that you and I don't always see eye to eye. From where I sit, that is a good thing. Don't want anyone trying to put words in my mouth. Same with you I would wager.

Have also been on both sides of the fence with our head coach and coaches that he has been less than successful with, that is truly JMHO. Speaking to success.

This is the time of the year that many posters return, and too often what they have to say is a repeat of past years. Not all, some. Folks get pp'd off even when the season ends with 9/10 wins. Come Spring, all is forgotten and forgiven.

At this time (2015) I know that we are being "better prepared" on defense. Felt the same way about the offensive line, then . . . . Will Friend lands in Colorado. Did not have to happen, think some forget that Will Friend and Jeremy Pruitt are not just coaching buddies, they are best friends. Period.

You are very accurate in your post, but you also have to remember it is me saying that, others don't seem to agree sometimes. Maybe I like your post because, first off you are back, but the truth is, I seem to think that I see a different lean in what is being posted.

Might be that Ramsey is feeling some of what Faton Bauta has felt since his arrival on campus.

Have to say this again, going against what many in the press have to say. I watched Gus Malzahn take a young player that was fitted with defensive back preparation in Athens and take Auburn to the NC game. Press blowing up the internet with us not having wide receivers, receiving corps too many problems with past injuries and lack of fundamental development. Not only can Faton Bauta thrown the football, he will flat ass run over you. Plays with a linebacker mentality. Young pup just chose the wrong school to show his talent.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 month ago #66987 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Public Relations, Covering Head Coach ?
Buc, I'll just lay it out there . . . Personally, I like Mark Richt - I guess I see and hear a lot of who I would like to be in him. And I have certainly defended his record (and still do). However, I now believe that he "went all-in" with Aaron Murray and refused to develop the next QB, thinking that with his available talent he would win it all. He pushed his chips to the middle of the table. Kind of like the Atlanta Braves when they signed the Uptons and Uggla, and the Falcons with Julio. The Hawks? It was such a dumpster fire that it took a GM with the cajones to scrap the whole thing and start over in order to move forward.

Now all THREE organizations (Braves, Falcons and Dawgs) are paying for "past sins". UGA had a 5th year senior to lean on last year - we won't have that this year. The guy who distributes the ball is THE guy. I'm 100% on board with you on the importance of the O-Line, but I don't think the best O-Line could make up for poor QB judgement. And now we're faced with what looks like a new football season LOADED with talent at literally EVERY POSITION - except the one that can destroy the entire season the fastest.

In-game coaching decisions can lose games - heck, even SABAN has proven that - but it's easier for me to forgive those mistakes than it is to forgive lack of preparing for the future. 2015 was the future two years ago. We're about to find out about preparation.

I sure hope this season proves me wrong on this, but right now I feel like we should have been at least a year (maybe TWO?) ahead of where we will be this fall.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 1 month ago #66988 by Buc
thriller, I like the use of the word preparation.

Right now I see an entirely different approach to preparation in Athens, with maybe one exception . . . . quarterback preparation. Can't speak to what will happen with Schottenheimer.

Once again we have lifted another coaching concept from Nick Saban. S&C.

Watched a video of MR being asked a question about S&C, head coach left me scratching my head. If I can find the video again will post it here. Thoughts after watching? Maybe some have watched the video, some maybe not.

I believe that an old dog can learn new tricks. Right now I would classify MR that way.

There is one reason I know that brings young and older coaching talent to Athens. Many in the coaching profession understand the amount of talent that will choose the Red and Black, regardless. That however changed when Nick Saban arrived in Tuscaloosa, now many from the State of Georgia and the Atlanta area seem to wear the Crimson of Alabama. Those that do make that move do so for one reason and they have said it more than once. Coaching. Check the names of those that cross the Chattahoochee, caused an uproar on this and every other board on the internet. For those that believe in *****'s, those were the talented players that were leaving.

Now we have Auburn, also on the other side of the Chattahoochee making hay on the Georgia side of the Chattahoochee. Why?

thriller you mention the offensive line and AM. Wonder what could have been with AM and the offensive line we seem to have now? Understand that is "picking and choosing" but the point I make and have made is what appears the inability of MR to build depth and be able as Jordan says, to compete year after year.

Think this is fair . . . . Below are three coaches, if your job depended on which would run your team, list 1/2/3.

Nick Saban, urban meyer, Mark Richt. Or, Mark Richt, Nick Saban, urban meyer. Coaching ability not the "good man thing". Anyone believe that Nick Saban would be paid over 7 million a year if he was only a good man and an average football coach? That is not meant to be ugly, it is a question related to coaching talent.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #66989 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Public Relations, Covering Head Coach ?
On a lighter note CMR was asked "Will you allow the D to tackle Nick Chubb to the ground in Spring Practice"

CMR's answer "If they can"

lol

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc

More
9 years 1 month ago #66990 by Buc
Good Morning . . . . great post. :)

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds