Forum

Public Relations, Covering Head Coach ?

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #66973 by Buc
Going to ask this question.

Read the link below, if you like . . . . help me understand what our head coach is saying.

Have to say this.

New offensive coordinator. Some changes will be made by the quarterback calling the plays. System won't change, we will run the football. Schottenheimer understands that, it was explained to him prior to employment.

Theus mentions blocking assignments, more or less. These young men that play on the offensive line are "not stupid".

Have I not read volumes on what the press folks have to say about Ramsey being the starting quarterback? Why would that change? Is it that some catch on quicker than others? Is the starting position now coming down to "what is between the ears" or is it the "arm" that matters?

AM was very smart.

I have a lot to say about the link below, do you . . . . ? Will be back.

www.macon.com/2015/03/04/3618272_richt-d...ate-naming.html?rh=1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 month ago #66974 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Public Relations, Covering Head Coach ?
He is saying he will not "name" the starting QB but he has a pretty good idea as to who it will be

thecountrynation.com

More
9 years 1 month ago #66975 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Public Relations, Covering Head Coach ?
I was about to say something about this being possible but waited to long

So..... what is the downside here?? Go deep into fall camp. One or two scrimmages

Like it has been said here play first 2 games with 2 QB's.....

We will see who works the hardest during summer workouts.... remember CBS saying

His fingerprints will be on the offense hmmmmmmmm..... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
9 years 1 month ago #66976 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Public Relations, Covering Head Coach ?
One of my questions, and I have many . . . .

What is it that Ramsey, Bauta and Park do not understand?

These players are not offensive linemen, big'uns, they are leaders.

When I was in high school and the Far East, quarterback had to know every position.

That has not changed.

Anyone remember IC approaching AM after the play had been called in the huddle and tapping AM on the backside needing help?

Think about that folks. We had running backs that "did know" the plays.

Have a thought.

Hand each of the three (3) mentioned quarterbacks wanting to start the 2015 Season a football. All stand on the 20 yard line and throw the football. (Distance).

Next drill. All three quarterbacks in the room with Gruden answering questions that should be planted between the ears about calling plays and reading defenses.

Fair? Step up.

I have more . . . . want to play or read?

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #66977 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Public Relations, Covering Head Coach ?
Comments from John Theus. His words not mine or some on this board that have spoken "openly" about the coaching or lack of for several years.

“It’s been awesome. Everybody does things a little bit differently, but this offseason has definitely been a positive change. Guys really come in ready to work hard every day. We’re doing a lot of new things – no mat drills this year and doing some on the field drills. I feel like we’re in better shape, better conditioning than we’ve been in a long time. We’ve cut down on some body fat and gained some muscle. The winter program has definitely been a help so far, and hopefully it translates to on the field, as well.”

For those that are in the Mark Richt camp. Second time that the Mat Drills have been thrown in the trash can. Same Mat Drills that MR brought with him from FSU.

Question.

How long is a long time, words spoken by John Theus? Better shape?

What has changed in Athens? Might I suggest Pruitt/Rocker and Company? Disagree with that, speak up. Sometimes or many times this board gets "timid". You believe in MR, say so.

Still hanging on by fingernails? Takes real "leadership" when you are going into battle. Anyone think that Saturday afternoons throughout the SEC are not battles? Think "war" is a better word.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 month ago #66978 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Public Relations, Covering Head Coach ?
One advantage of not naming a starter after spring practice is complete is that might keep one of them from transfering. Big disadvantage not having the QB and recivers working together to develop timing. the best thing I read in the article was the quote of the day.

"They're both country boys with bald heads so it's all the same."

- Theus, when asked the difference between former offensive line coach Will Friend and his replacement Rob Sale
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, dawgs_fans_dad

More
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds