Forum

Mark Richt Waiting For Faton Bauta's 5th Year?

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #66947 by Buc
Notice that Bulldog Illustrated asked the question about whether or not we should be more concerned with replacing center or quarterback in an article today. Found the article interesting. Agree with the author of the article. Center is very important and the same question was asked on this board along the same lines earler.

Then move on to the link below. Found the description of Faton Bauta very interesting.

Suppose the "issue" of "arm strength" is in the eyes of the beholder.

Seems to me that others believe as some of us do that the quarterback question was answered a long time back.

What I think is Mark Richt hired a offensive coach that has the same thoughts on what a quarterback should be in his offense.

Why was Faton Bauta recruited?

Problem with Richt's way of handling quarterbacks, meaning if they remain for 5 years, guaranteed to get the starting role. Anyone that reads this believe that will happen with Faton Bauta? Really? Anyone think that Faton Bauta would be a hinderance to offensive football in Athens?

Someone please tell me what Ramsey has done thus far that stands out?

classiccitytoday.com/spring-preview-qb-job-is-ramse

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 month ago #66948 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Mark Richt Waiting For Faton Bauta's 5th Year?
Unless Bauta is named as the starter this year (highly unlikely) he will transfer...JMHO

thecountrynation.com

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #66949 by Buc
ogredawg, truthfully don't believe that Faton has had an explanation as to why he is rated so low on Richt's quarterback list.

Some like to write articles and place Bauta as #2, that was before 2015 started. Now we hear that Jacob Park will battle Ramsey for the starting spot before 2015 Season is over.

Prior to the Alabama game we have four games. Should win all four, but I do realize that Steve Spurrier is in the four mentioned.

I was asked in another thread what I would have done last season with the quarterbacks. Last season is over, so this season I would find out a lot about my quarterbacks prior to Alabama, and I should amend that to read, three games prior to South Carolina.

Seems that any time Faton Bauta's name comes up in the press, first words written or spoken about the young man is his ability to run the football. Is that a bad thing? Do any of the talking heads think that Faton cannot and will not throw the football . . . . "downfield"?

Bringing Faton in when it is a running situation, what the heck. Why not let him play as he did in the Spring Game when he and Ramsey were working to see who would back up "5th year quarterback Hutson Mason"? Press was there for that game, all said that Bauta won the battle hands down.

Some that I know and many that I don't are questioning Ramsey's ability to "read defenses". That between the ears thingy. That same problem that our head coach seems to have when "decisions" need to be made at critical times.

Marshall seemed to do ok running the football for Auburn. His arm was questioned, check his stats against other SEC quarterbacks, might be surprised.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 month ago #66950 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Mark Richt Waiting For Faton Bauta's 5th Year?
"Someone please tell me what Ramsey has done thus far that stands out?"

Good point, Buc. Anyone remember the Kentucky game - his touchdown throw? It was a pick that just bounced to our tight end, but it counts as a positive on his stats.

Without a definitive QB going in, I have no optimism for 2015. None.

(Someone please pull me back up out of this funk.)

:(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #66951 by Buc
thriller, find it more and more difficult to post with positive thoughts about our football team. Not the players, truly believe that as has been said many times in the past, talent is not a problem.

I do believe that coaching kept us from playing Notre Dame for the National Championship. Cannot remember ever seeing Nick Saban celebrating after a football game the way he did in Atlanta that day. Have gone back and watched his reactions, he was in total disbelief. Also watched AM on video after the game, "he knew".

Game time decisions along with quarterback decisions have mounted and it gets a lot tougher for an old fart like myself to continue to be one of the "get'em next year gang". 2016 is being served up in the press now.

Sam Vaughn is another very talented and smart young player that signed on with Georgia. I have posted some of his videos before, played high school football just a short distance from my home, Fort Pierce/Sebastian Inlet, Florida. Just for giggles . . . . Sam has a great arm, and get this . . . . runs a 4.45 40.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 month ago #66952 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Mark Richt Waiting For Faton Bauta's 5th Year?
Nothing Ramsey has done stands out....or Park or even Eason who is not even here yet stands out...that is the problem...no QB experience is going to be a major problem not only this year but next year also...it took AM two full seasons to finally get where he needed to be as a top tier SEC QB...but CMR has always said there are more important things than winning...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, DAWGtm

More
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds