Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #66904 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Reading the link below, anyone think that our recently hired defensive coaches had anything to do with this? Player himself said that he was not going full tilt until a new group of coaches were hired. Was not in top physical shape.

One thing for certain . . . . Pruitt sent a message to "all" wanting playing time. It is how you practice that gains playing time. Practice means overall shape to the defensive coaches. While Jordan played in every game, last year he was asked to do "different" things. Appears the same holds true for his offseason attitude. We need a leader, more than one actually.

www.ledger-enquirer.com/2015/02/27/35889...eat-senior.html?rh=1

Takes me to this . . . .
Head coach says that the quarterback position is wide open. My first thought was, why did it have to come to this. Many on this board and others were asking the question about playing time when other games were not in doubt. Richt was keeping his promise to Mason about being the starting quarterback. However smart coaching did not present itself and now we are getting the "spin".

Back to what yankeedawg1 has said several times recently. Head coach just play the role that you appear to be good at . . . . CEO, media giant, whatever name one wants to place on the head coach.

Head coach says he likes what he sees thus far from Brian Schottenheimer. Not real sure what that means, but do understand this . . . . Schottenheimer knows what he has seen in the film rooms and on game day in the NFL. He also knows that some of these young men want to reach the next level.

Say again. Appears to me that I am seeing the same type changes going on in Athens that I watched happen in Tallahassee under Bobby Bowden. Pruitt is strong willed, as is Jimbo Fisher. Can not speak for Schottenheimer, but I know his Dad was very strong headed. Some say Richt is strong headed, if Schottenheimer takes after his Dad, yes this could be a very interesting 2015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gregdawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #66905 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
"What do they see that we don't?"

I don't think they see anything we don't. An SEC school that will consistently win 10 or so games is a very appealing place, and we've known for a long time that Richt is a guy that mommies trust to take care of their little boys.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 2 months ago #66906 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Wartdawg, your opening statement above "forced" me to post the link below.

"What do they see that we don't?"

There have been many athletes that left Athens and became much bigger stars in the NFL than college. Don't mean after the players leave Athens, get drafted and sit on the bench. Many play the same positions in the NFL that they played in the SEC, immediately.

Read the Chris Conley portion of the link.

I really would like for some of the folks that are pro Mark Richt explain to me his talent evaluations, reasons why or . . . . reason for.

www.si.com/nfl/2015/02/27/2015-nfl-draft...epers?xid=nl_siextra

More
9 years 2 months ago #66907 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
I read an article where Georgia should have the best OL in the Sec Really ready to see Sony an Chubb at G-Day maybe Truman will be healed an ready.

Yankeedawg as always great job hope all is well with the family.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 2 months ago #66908 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Wart your statement about Georgia being a desirable place to coach is true, imho it is also true that we are not

The only place that can claim to be that. With OSU winning the NC and the new playoff system other conferences see

That the grip that the SEC had on college football is changing.

Quality coaches like CJP had a field of choices equal to UGA.

I believe he saw something about the opportunity than warm fuzzies about our HC sitting

In a living room with a players family. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 2 months ago #66909 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Dws. All is good with family. Thanks for asking. I hope all is well on your end also

Pound the "G"

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds