Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

9 years 2 months ago #66910 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Dawg With Style, read an article that new offensive line coach Rob Sales likes Isaiah Wynn a lot. I continue to believe that Wynn is going to be an outstanding center for the Red and Black. Definitely has an attitude.

Living in Central Florida, do know that Turman has enormous talent. Problem with Turman is the injury bug has kicked his butt. Along came Chubb and Michel, those two are special. Playing time gets tougher and tougher.

My big question this season is what will become of Marshall. Only four quarters of football and one football. ??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #66911 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Buc, we have talked about KM getting a look at playing the slot.

I stil remember his catch for a TD in the first bowl game against the Huskers

Agree with your views on Wynn..... as always it will sort itself out

MM. Stays healthy will help whoever plays QB.....and...our young receivers. I would like

Him to take TG under his wing....good for both of them

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 2 months ago #66912 by Buc
Seems to me that I have read more and more posts on our board about the offensive line.

It was said soon after Isaiah Wynn committed to Georgia on this board that Isaiah would be a huge benefit to us.

If you watch the video below would like to speak to what I see.

Wynn is playing both left tackle and guard in high school. Watch his feet and hands, moves incredibly well, with that "attitude". Will not be running over many folks in the SEC, but he will "face up" and that is what coaches like Rob Sales look for.

Getting to the second level is a must for any SEC center. Linebackers hate guys like Wynn. Wynn playing different positions on the offensive line, aids in his knowledge of calling offensive line adjustments. My thoughts are regardless of who the next quarterback is, center has to be wise enough about line play to help the quarterback, yes that quarterback that does not have experience entering the 2015 Season.

Recruited by Will Friend and Bryan McClendon. Rob Sales has already given an endorsement as to Wynn's talent. Might not start, but before the 2015 Season is over, here is hoping that the center position is solidified, let us not make another mistake like the lack of playing time for our quarterback(s). Yes we have several quarterbacks that many universities wanted.

Another plus about Isaiah Wynn, he is a very good student. Big plus.

www.hudl.com/athlete/1208883/highlights/31240375/v2

More
9 years 2 months ago #66913 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
It has taken a while for the masses to come around to how important the OL is

Feeling better about CRS Keeping us moving ahead with our OL play

Thinking back about the move to LT by JT..... QB was going to get killed...ddidn't happen

I hope he has a banner senior year.

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 2 months ago #66914 by Buc
Not to be totally on the other side of John Theus. Have to say this . . . .

Almost the entire 2014 Season, we were not going deep with the football. It was either handoff, toss sweep, or "very short pass route". Offensive coaches were "managing" the game, for which Hutson Mason was tagged as such. That is not a shot at Hutson Mason, it is Hutson Mason being used to his abilities as the coaches saw them.

Theus not unlike some other players admitted to being "out of shape" and for that I have to say it lays at the feet of the coaches.

A lot was accomplished when the defensive side of the ball "rolled over", meaning coaching. Along with the "roll over" came a change in a program that needed someone to step up and "make changes". Not just Pruitt, it has been said that each and every coach on the defense carries the same feelings that our Defensive Coordinator demands.

It was not just a second thought that brought a different S&C leader in. Already we are hearing Jordan being in the best shape ever. There will be a long list of players that will be in the best shape ever when the 2015 Season starts. Finally getting down to the "truth" about coaching and a lack of coaching for many years. Talent has to be prepared, not coddled. Again Pruitt said this, not Richt . . . . You practice and perform, you play.

Mark Hocke means business. Will be interesting to see how many players buy in. Will say this . . . . Buy in or ship out.

www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mark_hocke_947389.html

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #66915 by Buc
A very good friend of mine that played football at Lowndes County and the University of Georgia tells me that Dyshon Sims is ready for the left tackle position.

Also says that the coaches have said he will not be sitting long lengths in the 2015 Season.

I am told that Dyshon Sims is the left tackle "that can pass block for the down field throws".

Another young and very talented player that needs playing time, and it will be earned.

Often I mention "depth". Bodies are one thing, "experienced bodies" quite another.

Am told that everyone along the offensive front have met and like Rob Sales and what he is bringing to the table.

Something else in some conversations that are made . . . . Thomas Brown likes the offensive line coach. My friends, Georgia is at a place now where the "players believe", that is what builds "experienced depth". Say again, football in Athens is now being coached at this "level" . . . . get in or get out. Truth.

Someone better get a quarterback ready for 2015, seems the rest of the team is ready. Going with sflanagan21 again, have this feeling that Jacob Park will be the man before the season ends. Reminds me of Connor Shaw that played for Spurrier. A winner.

www.hudl.com/athlete/1823951/highlights/28572373/v2
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds