Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #66898 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughs was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

We had a real good junior day this past weekend. Many recruits came away with good things to say about our coaches and program.

Seeds planted to harvest next NSD…..

This week’s Blue Plate Special; ---PYEB----YeaNay---CEO

Place your early bets----

Been reading this past week’s where some our placing early bets on how we fair this season.

I wonder if these swag predictions are based on reviewing our talent or are the results on 14 years of Richting? Maybe both……

Truly understand the snakebite and kool Aid cocktail.

Frustration and past disappointment causes a lack of any optimism.

Me I rather let it all play out on the field one game at a time.

It seems a might shortsighted as fans to forecast all our failures with such conviction before the first play of the first game jmho..

We all felt the gloom after we lost TG3.

Yes we had ideas that NC was going to grow into being a quality RB.

Do not think we had an idea how quickly this would take place or the high level that NC would reach as a freshman.

With this litter of new pups I am looking to see who this year’s NC and LC turn out to be…. I am making an early bet that there will be more than 2 freshmen who account themselves very well.

Strong possibility we have another freshman of the Year among this incoming group.

Yea or Nay……

Been here posting since ’10 and every year we have the “Change Discussion”

This year is no different.

One side …. Put new paint on old faces and habits and call it change

Other side…. We now have coaches who are teachers and making a difference.

Huge change in of “D” and ST…… from previous years…. Are we good..

No better and working to improve…to being the best..yea…..

Can we agree there has been a change in recruiting for the better?

This is the results of what???? Or who ?????

It appears that our recruits have enough faith in our coaches and program to commit to the “G”.

What do they see that we don’t?? can’t say it is youth being fooled

That only would fly one time…. Anyone think CTR is less than the real deal?

Something has these recruits attention…… and it is growing. This is happening on both sides of the ball….. A very good thing…..

More Yea….hopefully less nay……

Our new coaches namely CJP are doing a good/great job…..

Losses to USC,UF and GT tend to detract from what improvements we made…. Namely….. UA being held to 7….Mizzuo shut out in Colawest Hogs..tied up and beat soundly at their house…

Ponder in one year with a group of no names… We have the best pass “D” in the SEC.. longest pass given up 38yds……… yes groans heard

Our run “D” was lacking…. Any bets in year 2.. CTR and his troops don’t improve in a big way?

CEO…….

College football in the Power 5 conferences has caught the NFL with the HC’s taking on the role of a CEO.

Very little hands on from the HC’s while on the practice field.

Once in awhile they will step in and comment but for the majority of the time teaching has been handed over to the assistant coaches.

We see the schools that have the best teaching coaches producing the best results. The Dawgs have committed to following this course. A very good thing.

We speak about our HC staying out of the way and let others do the coaching/teaching.

After 14 years CMR may and I say may have found a comfort zone of
being a CEO and deal maker with the recruits and their families.

Whatever the reason….CMR was a different coach at the BB…..

Time will tell if this was a one song effort or has the Godfather reached a point of………change??

Yes we are a week closer to spring……Yea!!!!

Growl-Duck—stay strong you are not alone.. T & P’s

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always…..”Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, swampdawg, DAWGtm, growl, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #66899 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
yankeedawg1, your comment below taken from the BPS brought this thought to mind.

Yes we had ideas that NC was going to grow into being a quality RB.

Do not think we had an idea how quickly this would take place or the high level that NC would reach as a freshman.

Chubb reminds me of another great running back, Walker. Both were/are the quiet type, took care of business, worked hard to reach the next level. Did not detect from anything I read about them before reaching Athens that led me to believe they were caught up in the BMOC "thingy".

There is an awful lot to be said for both of the running backs. Actions speak louder than words.

Words that I do remember came from Munson in the Tennessee game.

Good BPS, lots of reviews presented. A good thing yd1.

The following user(s) said Thank You: swampdawg, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 2 months ago #66900 by Buc
After 14 years CMR may and I say may have found a comfort zone of being a CEO and deal maker with the recruits and their families.

One thing we know as factual . . . . Mark Richt is the head coach at Georgia for several more years. That decision has been made.

My two cents and have said so more than once . . . . I hope that the above statement by yd1 in italic is exactly where Mark Richt spends the majority of his time. Pro or con, that shoe has to fit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: swampdawg

More
9 years 2 months ago #66901 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
I have touched on this before. As the bama gang teaches our players imho our HC is

Getting coached also... and so far... is listening

Is there any HC better than CNS at being a very good. CEO?????

Had a brain fart original post said. ColaEast for Mizzuo went back and corrected

To ColaWest..... warmed up today and blue sky... yea

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #66902 by Buc
Anyone think CTR is less than the real deal?

yankeedawg1, if Tracy Rocker was not the real deal, do not believe that Pruitt would have brought him on board.

Did mention in another thread that I hope Tracy Rocker is in Athens for a long time. Having seen some of his "coaching results" as a result of his "college and NFL playing time", cannot believe we could have done better. Coach Rocker has a lot more to work with this season and that is not bad mouthing last year's group. Had some rough spots, but I am quick to look at the final score against Auburn in 2014.

Another quick look for me. Garner and Rocker are going to have some "serious battles" for some time to come. As far as Muschamp and Pruitt, that too will be a war, hopefully for a long time.

Many of these young recruits speak highly of Tracy Rocker, might be just the medicine that the doctor ordered to cure some of our past "defensive ills".
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #66903 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Buc, you nailed it. CTR came to UGA and joined CJP and his vision of what a SEC defense

Looks like..... imho both CJP and CTR understood what working for/with CMR would be like

No question both could be working elsewhere.

Same question what do they see that we are missing??? My thoughts....the past is history

This group of coaches work in the present building for the future......no rearview mirrors

Needed when eyes forward is the program...... Real piss'n contest at TAM over Chavis's

Buyout from LSU....not the ideal way to start off a new job..... always leave by the

Frontdoor. Otherwise things may bite you in the a** Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: swampdawg

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds