Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #66480 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Sometimes it is hard or maybe close to impossible to change the way we do things. Been through that more than once or twice in my lifetime, feel sure many on this board have traveled that path also.

Nothing would make me happier than our head coach continuing as you say above yd1, keeping his ears open to what this “young scallawag of a coach has to say”. I do not think that Pruitt has any other intention or intentions than improving UGA Football.

Below is a link that should be read by any person that “really” believes in the way a coach or coaches should do their jobs.

I pulled the below in italics from the article, there is so much more in this very well written piece of work that held my attention. As you can see, it is dated, makes no difference. Some of the best coverage dies on the vine, and should not. JMHO.

Not like some of the "stuff" that others covering the Red and Black really care about, too damn deep for most of them. Not about "clicks" . . . . about a very dedicated college football coach, "presently" hired by Georgia.

Below is a link that should be read by any person that “really” believes in the way a coach or coaches should do their jobs.

"It's a persistence and the will to work and really just take care of the little detail things you just never knew who did them," Propst said. "Well, Jeremy was the guy that did them."

"When Kirby Smart had the headset on the last two national championship games, he's been talking to Jeremy Pruitt," Propst said. "I think Jimbo Fisher probably recognized that."

Do youself a favor and read the article in its entirety.

Leadership and Teaching, I believe our program got both. About damn time.

yankeedawg1, Greg is doing well, knows so much. Should be on the coaching staff in Athens. Very busy taking care of Veterans like himself. BFF.

Have a great weekend, and thanks for the BPS.

espn.go.com/colleges/fsu/football/story/...-tenacity-dedication

Edit: Some might not remember or know the name David Hale. He had the job that Seth Emerson has now, prior to moving on to ESPN. Always enjoyed reading what David had to say. There is a reason that he is now employed by ESPN.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #66481 by Buc
Could not pass this up dawgs_fans_dad. Remember well the battle between Houston and Atlanta for Tommy Nobis. Yes, I spent a lot of time "back then" and surprisingly, still remember many of the "things" that were going on between the NFL and AFL.

One of my places of "hangout" back in the day was a Bar/Restaurant that carried the name "Tree on Peachtree". Spent many hours listening and chatting to Falcon players and the goings on. Included in that mix was Skip Caray, (baseball) an incredible person, also had a right arm that hoisted many librations. Many memories, I assure you. :)

More
9 years 3 months ago #66482 by Buc
JMHO.

If there is one coach on the UGA Football Staff worth a million dollars, cast my vote for Jeremy Pruitt. If there is another coach on that staff that is worth at least more than he is being paid, I nominate Bryan McClendon.

No, I am not going away. Just like Jeremy Pruitt did not "go away" some years back. Could not get a coach to return his calls, pulled his car into the driveway of the coach and made his case.

Folks that I know in South Florida say much the same about Bryan McClendon.

Sorry . . . . not impressed with Mahogany Row in Athens. They seem to have "pulled the wool over the sheeples eyes, again". It is what it is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
9 years 3 months ago #66483 by Buc
Members of this board. If you read, or have read the link below, would like to hear what you think about the article after reading the entire piece.

This old fart has some opinions, but hard for me to understand why others are so "damn bold" on this board after a football game during the season and, are as silent as mice when the season ends.

Let's have an open "chat" here. If you choose not to, maybe you fit one of the options listed below.

I only post here during the football season.

I know a lot about college football, but don't post here because . . . . ?

Come to this and other sites to "hit and run".

In the article below, there is so much that can be discussed. I suggest to those that do post here, check the "silent types out". Better yet, check the names of those that suddenly appear during the football season and can tell everyone how the football program should be run "during the season".

Disagree with what I said above, "ball is in YOUR COURT". Sites like this one continue because the board members read and post here, for a REASON.

I would suggest to Steve that he not allow the "grumblers" that come two, three or four times a year and participate. Who knows, maybe Steve might get some help and move forward with those that have "nothing" to say, or think they are "all that".

You damn sure know who you are. Not going to be passive any more. I suggest to the "Boss" that he step up and move FORWARD.

I said that, and will move in any direction that "you choose" after reading this. Too damn old for some of the spit I read here and elsewhere.

Georgia is one "leader short at this point". Call names, yes I will, Mark Richt. Time to move on and look at the "rest of the program". Something that I believe is being done for this reason. Pruitt was hired and he does not kiss anyones butt. Said that too.

For those of you that are very good posters, you however get your feelings hurt, stay the hell away from me, and my opinions. Put your lips back in place and continue to pout. You are not someone that I would want on my team. You belong on a team that does not have coaches like Pruiit/Rocker and Company.

Go Dawgs . . . . Continue to coach'em up Pruitt/Rocker and Company.

bleacherreport.com/articles/2339832-geor...-yield-championships
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
9 years 3 months ago #66484 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Thanks for sharing the link Buc.... best is yet to come from CJP...he told his players you don't get what you want in

Life...you get what you earn..... he understands that it applies to him also...

Thanks to all who voiced an opinion on football gate....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 months ago #66486 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Buc as long as we are hanging out the laundry..... my theory why there is an exodus after the season is unless we

Are playing there is no new cannon fodder to trash and bash. Yes we can go back and rehash past errors but the meat

Is not red anymore.... sadly the CMR pond is so poisoned with that which was his fault and the fault of those above him

We could win 4 natties in a row...and the man would get zero credit. We can all remember who hired Toddy the same one

who has hired our current coaches... this not an endorsement of our HC... more of a question why a man like CJP

Would want to come work for a fool we think CMR is...he could have had any number of jobs other than here

To soon to speak of CBS. But he took a pay cut to come Georgia..... more on a future BPS

No problem Buc. we will haul the ashes and bank the fire until spring ball

Stay well....GGo Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds