Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

9 years 3 months ago #66471 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

It was another week of interesting developments in Bulldog football.

This week’s BPS- pay increases, new positions on football staff, and the ever favorite for this time of the year….recruits that flip commitment.

This is also known as “Shipwreck Stew”

The pay increases or the BBB- Belk Bowl Bump was much like Goldie Locks and the 3 Bears

This raise was too small – CBMac

This raise was too big – CMR

This raise was just right- CJP

Add into the picture a 2 year extension for the HC and many here were less than happy with the actions taken.

DAWGtm was on point when he posted that the fans want wins and the suits want mo money.

Cold facts money trumps what the sheepeoples want.

Going back to my FBE matrix early reports show Georgia with a sizeable increase in the 2014 FBE. Happy Happy……Bean counters

I make this point because with the new flow of added money in our football program where will the accountability fall?

More wins or raising more money for the “Row”?

If history is repeated money wins…if we add game wins that a bonus for us fans and not a requirement.

Buried in the new job postings is one that is a support assistant for Special Teams. I hope that the first duty of this person is to ban the “Pooch Kick” from ever being used by our team again….please!!

This new flurry of Operational Assistants is straight out of the Bama SOP. It was also copied by Gus at AU.

True we again are late to the party…however points for smelling the coffee and waking up.

IMO this is more CJP being deep inside CMR ear.

Just maybe CMR won’t follow the Bowden book of coaching and will
Stay out of the way and let the worker bees do their job.

To me what has taken place so far is more than moving the deck chairs around. Time will tell if actual improvements are forthcoming

It seems to me the more CJP’s fingerprints are on the “doings” the better the results.

Wart said it best… wait until the recruits show up, go to class and pass.

Stay out of the back of police cars..and… play and contribute ..only then you get excited ….example… NC and a host of other “we” players on our rooster. A very good thing…

Here is a link for my “Shipwreck Stew”

recipes.bushbeans.com/recipe/124412/shipwreck-stew.aspx

Adding a skillet of cornbread makes a quick and easy supper. It freezes well also.

Question of the week: Football Gate—under inflated footballs

Why would a coach/team put themselves at risk?

Win at any cost?

However, same HC was part of spy gate several years ago

For me it is much like the corked bat in baseball

Like to hear your thoughts

I hope all is well with Greg and his buds in the New Year

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, DAWGtm, Dawg With Style, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 months ago #66473 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Hard to fathom why the Pats would bother, but they obviously like to walk that line. Too bad, because they probably now have really tarnished their legacy. I'm an old AFL guy having lived in Houston briefly during the birth of that league, so I support all the legacy AFL teams. Except the Jets. They'll always be a New York team first. :evil:

But the Pats are making it really hard.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
9 years 3 months ago #66474 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
dawgs_fans_dad will never forget when Jon Gruden was the coach in Tampa. Tampa vs New England playing away from home. Team practiced after arriving. Went through all that they would be doing on Sunday.

Watched the game on Sunday, could not believe my eyes. Every play Tampa ran, Patriots defense was in the right spot waiting. Thought to myself, those guys are really good.

Later on back in Tampa at Gruden's news conference he said . . . . wow! It was if they knew every play we were going to run, regardless of which formation we lined up in.

Soon after that . . . . Spy Gate.

Anyone think that a "fine" will alter anything? Money is the easy way out for NFL teams this day and time. Bet this, Belichick is safe. NFL wants no part of this until the Super Bowl is played and recorded. Another "Mahogany Row".

At some point, a head "might" fall and it will be an assistant. That is how it works. NFL investigations remind me of the NCAA's investigations, lot of powerful talk from higher ups that are governed by those that are "really in control". Team owners are the Commissioner's "bosses". Probably another "cover up", seems the NFL and NCAA are very good at that.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #66475 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Bill Belichick is like Senator Palpatine from Star Wars...

I think he walks every line he can, and pushes every rule. He's not the only one, but I bet he's one of the most thorough about knowing every line that exists that can be pushed. Plus he knows good and well that the NFL isn't going to strip wins or titles, and the fines are nothing if you are comparing them to a possible Super Bowl championship.

In this case I am not even claiming Belichick knew, but I am a strong believer in a team taking on the persona of it's leader. Belichick creates an atmosphere around winning at all costs that
permeates the roster from top to bottom. He probably turns a blind eye to a lot of things just so he can have plausible deniability...but I would bet my bottom dollar his attitude is if you can get away with, go for it. The one responsible here is Brady, but like I said... he's a product of the man he works under.

Some poor assistant equipment manager will take the fall for this.

As far as the Pat's legacy.. I think that ship sailed back with spygate.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 3 months ago #66476 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Good .morning all raining day in Bama great post yankeedawg I like your analogy but I think we're in a Dr Seuss Book

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 months ago #66477 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
YD1, good one today my man. Lots of lessons in that post.

I got my ear to the tracks.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds