Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #66487 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Unfortunately it's way too easy to say we could win 4 NC's and
Richt would get no credit. Way too easy in that the statement can not and will not ever be able to be proven untrue.

Let him win just one before we start talking about how he gets no credit for his accomplishments. Maybe even just a SEC title
and we can start looking again at how we view MR.

I'm waiting.

Honestly.... I think he is given about the exact credit he is due for what he has done.

CBS did come here... he took a pay cut. He had received the always accurate "vote of confidence" at his last job. CJP came here as well... I don't however buy into anything like they came here to learn from the master.

Georgia... because of the SEC, because we are a rich program, and we do attract top notch talent... because of that this is a place where coaches can come and shine. I would also look back on some times when it didn't seem anyone wanted to come here. Seems we went down the list a little bit before we found a DC who was willing to come here a while back. I also didn't see Kirby jumping at the idea of coming here and working for Richt either. I do think we (Thanks Will Friend) got it right this time getting that CJP fellow to come to the SEC from the ACC.. I'm absolutely glad we were the SEC program who had a big opening available.

I will say this... part of what attracted these coaches was the fact that we have talent and can attract more. Richt gets ample credit from me for his role in that.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #66488 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Again well said Wartdawg.

Talent has long been a theme on this board. For too long the battle cry was the talent crossing state lines.

Remembering some of grantham's first words in Athens. Said there was enough talent in Georgia and the surrounding area to win National Championships.

Even with the numbers of players that were choosing other colleges, I look back at our rosters and it is not a mystery, the job was not getting done in the coaching area in Athens.

I should not be misread on the subject of our head coach. Mark Richt has had ample time to accomplish more from a coaching stand point. Anyone reading his won/loss record need to examine closely the wins and losses.

Now I am of the opinion that there could be and will be "some" changes from a coaching standpoint. Already have seen some changes that make me feel better "overall".

Trying to stay away from the Schottenheimer hire at this point. Don't know enough as yet. I do know that all we will hear coming from the PR folks is how happy we are to have our new offensive coordinator. I have researched his past and will say this . . . . appears that he had fallen out of favor with those that hire in the NFL. Also say this . . . . Schottenheimer comes to an offense that is loaded. Will they play for him as hard as they did for Bobo/Friend?

Pruitt/Rocker and Company are building a defense that makes a lot of sense to me. When that group is finished, it is going to be a really hard task for young, media promoted 5 star quarterbacks to play against. High school this is not, Pruitt understands that. Having watched some of our quarterbacks during the 14 years, some highly rated, found out quickly that the SEC is different.

What has turned our team into a prospect by the talking heads . . . . my opinion is Pruitt/Rocker and Company. Brings back memories of Erk. Erk would get down in the dirt with his players, not for show, he did it for the reason Propst mentioned in the above article about Pruitt. Erk and Pruitt love(d) "coaching and teaching football".

Don't mean to offend anyone. We have very good running backs. I would ask this . . . . did Will Friend have anything to do with that?

There has been a huge turnover in Athens. Appears to me that we are "close" to completing that task. I understand that Mark Richt will leave when he is ready, not before. This last episode between the head coach and athletic director proved one thing . . . . the Row knows where their bread is buttered. The word contract "extension" was to let the athletic director know exactly where he stood. Don't mess with the Goose that is Laying the Golden Egg(s). FACT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
9 years 3 months ago #66489 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Four was just an arbitrary number. Place your bets.... we win a natty.. one....or SEC... title

Do those who been wishing for a new HC...come forward with....

It was just luck....we won in spite of him not because of him

Or.......?? Fact is CMR will be here for the foreseeable future..... As you correctly pointed out Wart come

Gametime. We will raise up and support the Dawgs...

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 months ago #66490 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Will always love the Georgia BULLDOGS but just don't like somethings but that's life but just like the show me state Richt has to show Stacy.

Going hog hunting everybody enjoy the rest of the weekend.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 months ago #66491 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
DWS, should be a good time to get a pig or two. Ground wet, hogs will be rooting for sure. Pit Bulls love it. :whistle:

With that, say this . . . . mean it in a way that is not to "harm" or "upset" folks. Pruitt is building a defensive group that will probably make some think that they are a "pack of dawgs". Pack meaning team.

yd1, I have gone down this path a couple of times.

If Mark Richt wins a National Championship, first off will be excited for the entire Dawg Nation of which I am a part. The National Championship first off has to have players that excel, same for the leaders.

With the addition of the "defensive team of coaches" recently put in place, that to me is the beginning of our head coach admitting without saying, he needed a "different" type of help. Appears that Richt and Pruitt get along. Richt and grantham did not. Not sure that Richt has gotten along with McGarity since the beginning. There was a lot of "shine" for you and I to see coming from those above them. Also, Richt and BVG did not see eye to eye. Now Richt is more open to the BVG way of playing SEC football. Takes some longer than others.

Richt pissed off in Charlotte, believe he had become very comfortable with his coaching staff, somehow the athletic director felt he knew more than those that actually play or played the game at one time or another.

Here is where it is, whether I like it or anyone else does. Richt is the head coach, I sincerely hope that the athletic director was the "obstacle". One thing I do know, he is making serious money to produce. Has a group on the defense that are performing like none since BVG was coaching and before that, Erk.

Richt came from a wide open ACC team that could basically score at will. He did not understand that the SEC is just below the NFL when it comes to defense.

Can remember when everyone in the SEC said loudly and proudly that you have to play defense to win. Now the rest of college football has picked up on that. College defenses became so dominant that the NCAA and Rule Committees had to make changes so a team could put points on the board. That continues.

Comes down to this for me. Mark Richt has had the "yoke" removed from his neck. Time for him to step up and run the program to equal the talent he has in Athens. Not talking past, talking about right now. If he can't win the East side of the SEC Conference with this group of players, he has not heard anything yet, it can get worse, a lot worse, but that won't matter if he can only reach 9/10 wins. I do not make that last statement snidely. Georgia is very talented and very deep.

Ball is in Richt's court, time to spit or get off of the pot. No more surprises like we witnessed in 2014 with a very talented UGA football team.

Count down is getting close for the "newbies" to sign their LOI's. Will be "another" very talented group of young men moving to Athens.

Support is earned, should not be given.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
9 years 3 months ago #66492 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Buc my only problem is poor Richt can't beat the old ball sack because he's in Richt s head and we always loose a game we should win .

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds