Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

9 years 4 months ago #65393 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Willing to bet Ogre and Buc wouldn't mind a trip to MoTown, given their proclivity to Mountain Nectar!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65396 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts

NC_Dawg wrote: Willing to bet Ogre and Buc wouldn't mind a trip to MoTown, given their proclivity to Mountain Nectar!!!

True dat. :) I am totally sincere when I say that I have had my share white lightening.

Also keep a 1.75 bottle of Jameson & Son Irish Whiskey around for "shooting". Matter of fact was in our BJ's yesterday purchasing the above . . . . along with some Scotch Whisky and other "thingys", getting ready for the hosting that we do here during the holidays. Still prefer good white whiskey, and yes a "Mason Jar" works well for white whiskey and Southern Tea. Proud of my South Georgia roots. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65398 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Growing up my best friends' dad was a revenuer. Bust up stills. Once he took a son to south Georgia to run an undercover operation. Moving around, hiding in the woods. All part of the drama.
But if some shiner was making some good brew that was also safe to drink, he might get a pass from the local sheriff.
About the same time, with different friends, I got my first taste.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65399 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts

stevedawg wrote: Growing up my best friends' dad was a revenuer. Bust up stills. Once he took a son to south Georgia to run an undercover operation. Moving around, hiding in the woods. All part of the drama.
But if some shiner was making some good brew that was also safe to drink, he might get a pass from the local sheriff.
About the same time, with different friends, I got my first taste.

Steve, my cousin was the Chief of Police, Douglas, Georgia many years ago. Another cousin was the Sheriff of Coffee County. Some might remember "60 Minutes" CBS program back in the day when it was top rated. A lot of the white whiskey used to move from Coffee County to Fulton County, and there was a lot that happened in the fields that peanuts were raised and a more profitable crop of "weed" replaced the goobers. Had another cousin who was a Deputy Sheriff that was also involved with some of that. Truth.

Ain't bragging or complaining, just the way it was.

This needs to be said . . . . Coffee County has one of the largest Georgia Bulldog Clubs that support the University of Georgia . . . . big time. Many from Coffee County come off of the "big bucks" that the "Group" counts on.

I have one regret and it is this . . . .

247sports.com/Player/Cole-Minshew-36664

Young man was not recruited early enough, and again FSU got what I believe to be one of the best young tackles to come out of South Georgia in a long time. ogredawg knows of what I speak, and I know that he knows.

Yes, some of that I blame on our head coach, actually much blame. Does not put the effort into offensive lineman that is required to keep them in the State of Georgia. Check some of the names of offensive linemen leaving the State of Georgia and playing elsewhere . . . . this year. Happens often.

As Wartdawg has said, head coach is all about players other than the young men that work hard and make it possible for the running backs/quarterbacks to be all that. Will stop, get pissed when I talk about "things" that others should be realistic about when discussing the total value of "team".
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 4 months ago #65400 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Moved to Chattanooga in 1977. 33yo and still learning. I owe much to some old locals who took pity on a poor Yankee boy

Anyone knowing Chattanooga knows about the Suck Creek section of the TN river... thats were I learned to run a trot

Line and enjoy a taste of shine.... never found anything smoother....not talking black pot this was nectar

Many nights spent learning the true facts of life...thems were good people....places you would never find if you didn't have

A guide... as you say Buc. Memories...damn good ones.

All this talk about libations.... sipping a little single barrel JD...... stay well all my cyber friends

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago #65401 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
I had some friends of friends in Telfair county that were in both the weed and law enforcement business.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds