Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65368 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Steve – Friday Thoughts works for me

Wow just wow!!!

It is the second week that I start with thanking fellow members for standing up for IMO….

TB’S uncalled for attacks on others who posts here.

Thank You…..

Tom ….. First Amendment rights are in the constitution…… true the bible gives roots to free speech but the constitution grants these rights to people of all beliefs or none at all.

TB’s blog of 12/6/14 listing players from the past seven years that were dismissed or suspended.

It would be more meaningful if he had shown how we compared to other D1 schools with coaches having 7 years LOS.

Seems that I remember how Texas had a major house cleaning this year (what was the number of players implicated? Anything said how CCS was responsible),then there was UT and DaRick,Mizzou and Odell.

Blaming a coach for any player’s actions of bad judgment in my mind is an error.

Any of our coaching staff in the car with TG and IC when they had a brain freeze?

TB it would be more impressive if you were able to predict who the next offender would be before our offer is made to them.

It would save a scholarship and all press that follows.

It was correctly pointed out here that we took the correct action toward each player listed. And that UGA was not the only school to offers scholarships to these players.

Interesting how you will never see anyone like TB list all the DGD that have played for the past 7 years.

How much blog space did AM get when after the mess with Assburn the following morning unplanned and without any press….on his own he dropped in to be with the ESP here in Athens (Extra Special People-kids with special needs).

Later when he was asked why….he just wanted to hang with special people and clear his mind.

Had he beat the crap out of a girlfriend, well we know bad news sells.

TB also misses when saying that these dismissals have a reflection in our win-loss record.

That is pure speculation.

The majority were me guys and took not gave to the team effort

If you look at TG his suspension opened the door for NC

TG’s absents from the UF game played no part in our meltdown.

So his suspension was a non-factor.. JHC didn’t add much with his last effort against Auburn…..And TB… you missed AJ Green’s suspension while you were doing all that cutting and pasting.

Again all this is my opinion, same constitution

His last spew makes for a total of 3 directed our way

Scooby’s-bad dawgs list- and his last tirade directed at our newest stars of cyberspace.

Junkyard- aka- nc_dawg,dfd and ogredawg-60 Minutes will be calling…

Just one more PIA post and TB will win the highly appropriate –“Golden Sombrero”

Tom you’re a boil that needs to be soaked then lanced

… just maybe when you heal you will grow up.

All that ----Potty talk…. Really…. I mean Really…is that truly necessary to make your point?

As ESPN says… come on man….

Sadly because as those you have trashed have noted, when you are in a stable condition you make some excellent points

However you live in a world where it is your ball and your rules and have no interest to compete in an open forum….fear of failure?

I am also aware that you won’t consider any of this…...because….
Drum roll please…. You didn’t think of it..therefore it can’t be !!

nc_dawg your observations are spot on..thank you ….sir

The following comes under me just asking?

Much has been made about all the talent that has passed through Athens and so little to show for it over the past 14 years

The phrase “So much talent” to me begs for an explanation.

Just what kind of talent do we speak?

Someone like Herschel who exceeded all expectations

Someone like Jay Rome who fell short of any projections of his talent
I hate to use player’s names…..

The reason I called out Jay was that it was not a coaching problem that was the result of him not rising to a higher level.

Artie Lynch was coached up and he made himself better..hard work and having his head in the right place

Granted there has been a very large talent pool here in Athens for a number of years.

I would offer that it is more of what that talent mix was rather than just a total number.

Example: for years we have failed to place a priority on OL talent.

This makes for the case that this failure had a severe negative impact on other areas where we were “talented” but could not excel

Yes ..it is…the HC’s job to see we are recruiting players that will fill the needs and avoid getting an imbalance of talent within positions.

It is this talent imbalance that is a greater cause for us not having better results.

Buc as you pointed out CNS brought CLK in to balance his “O” with what he had in place with his “D”

My point is maybe we could have done with a lower number of talented players, but had a better mix across position needs with improved results.

I hear the groans….it would have made no difference we had the same coaches…..nothing changes until they are gone.

Sorry that is not an absolute guarantee…

I will get back to this point in another Friday post

On a positive note we seem to be recruiting now with the idea of building quality depth. A very good thing.

Steve thanks for being a standup guy... be hell for us puppies to run around loose with no place to call home

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always……”Go Dawgs”!!!!

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, NC_Dawg, wlayton, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65370 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
YD1 you are next on the Brown hit list.

He lets his dislike of CMR blind him sometimes and that is a major fault of his along with him crying about being "censored" and his language, yet no one can reply to him on his blog page. Guess he wants a reply on Facebook which I do not and never will have an account...his blog and he can say or use any language he wants...but should not be calling people out unless they are able to respond...I will continue to read him but mainly for the laughs now as he is not very credible at least with me anymore...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 4 months ago #65371 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts

ogredawg wrote: ...yet no one can reply to him on his blog page.

Top right corner of each blog entry, immediately next to the blog title, is an icon that looks like a "comic strip" comment box.

Click the icon and comment away!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, ogredawg, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65372 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
It's been pretty weird seeing people saying you can't reply to his blog posts when at the bottom of the page on some of his blog posts I thought I had seen replies.

Eh.. I'm not going to reply.

I just take it for what it is. I don't want to engage in the language and all that, but I look
past it for what truths might be stated, and there are some.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg, dawgs_fans_dad

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65373 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts

NC_Dawg wrote:

ogredawg wrote: ...yet no one can reply to him on his blog page.

Top right corner of each blog entry, immediately next to the blog title, is an icon that looks like a "comic strip" comment box.

Click the icon and comment away!

cannot see it on my comp at work or at home...guess I will have to check my firewall settings...

EDIT: OK I can see a comment section when I open up each blog post...he wants an email, name and website before you can comment...if I were to comment I would have to reg with fake info because I would certainly not give him ANY of my personal info or email addy...lol...thanks for the heads up that he does take replies and I retract my statement that he does not....my apologies to Mr. Brown for my error...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
9 years 4 months ago #65374 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Well still not over the last lose.

L.Carter also made SEC freshman honors .

Everybody enjoy the weekend .

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds