Forum

CJP What are Yalls thoughts on him?

9 years 5 months ago #64360 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic CJP What are Yalls thoughts on him?
growl, this is a much needed win, and I think more for this reason than others . . . . recruiting.

Want to win Chief, always do.

2014 will be another year that could as some say, relegate us to a lesser bowl. One thing for sure, if we do drop one or two more games, head coach will take any bowl game offered. Keep that string of bowl games on his stat log. Thoughts of Memphis, which ogredawg I think it was that mentioned it earlier.

Back on the thread subject, going to be some "hangover" from the JAX messy up me thinks for sure.

Still having problems with us not firmly situated with a punter. What amazes me is we can and will use two punters, won't use two quarterbacks. Sorry this coaching staff leaves me puzzled every time I look at what the supposed leadership is paid to do. Really don't have an answer for the phrase that some of us have used for a long time . . . . coach'em up.

Also annoyed at some of the sites and reading what they have to say. They want Pruitt/Rocker and Company fired. They however want to keep the head coach.

Listening to some that do understand the game, especially understand SEC Football, some that played in the conference, shaking their heads about the head coach, not the defensive coordinator. They know that there are "hurdles" for Pruitt/Rocker and Company in Athens. Head coach has head 13.5 years to get "stuff" right. Pruitt/Rocker and Company have been in Athens for less than one season. Makes it much easier to point ones finger at the "problem".

Many say this, and for the most part, agree. I want to see where our defense is when Pruitt/Rocker and Company have three(3) just three years under their belts. Have said many times, patience is a virtue . . . . my patience with the head coach is no more. Not returning again to the Richt side, the handwriting is on the wall . . . . and he is being protected by those that will explain if necessary a 7 or 8 win season, with the talent that rides the bench.

Mark Richt's winning percentage is often thrown up to the realists on this board and others. Wonder what the percentage would be if Saban or several others were running the show in Athens?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #64361 by growl
Replied by growl on topic CJP What are Yalls thoughts on him?
I'm with you Buc, as I am sure of everyone here to be as far as winning. I want the DAWGS to win every game, no matter how ugly, but the way we are losing is just plain ridiculous. Our team can't be depending on one mans whims, CMR obviously believes his way is the only way, he is delusional and costing us our pride in a great program. I think it's time for UGA fans to get a grip and demand a change in that position. There are other who would be Happy for the opportunity and we all know at least one, stop sending money And see how long it takes. Maybe M&M will keep em floating, but don't think so. Sorry about the rant , probably should have been on another thread.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, ogredawg

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64363 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic CJP What are Yalls thoughts on him?
Winning percentage... yes.

Mark Richt has a most excellent winning percentage over the
past several years....

So have the Atlanta Braves

Success in sports is most often measured with memories. Over-achieving.. clutch winning, that big game...league championships...

Winning % has exactly none of that. UGA has had precious little of that recently.. sporadic at best.

Despite that WP.. we sit here every year thought of as a soft under-achieving team..

Discussion over.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 5 months ago #64364 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic CJP What are Yalls thoughts on him?
My thoughts on Pruitt are the same as they would be for any DC we have here as long as richt is here---I just don't know. With our head coach "richting up" our entire staff, it's hard to say how good they are. I think most UGA fans were ready to hang grantham as the worst DC in history, but we all saw the point where richt neutered him (or "richted him up") and his D got much worse after that. I know the ACC ain't the SEC, but he seems to be getting more accomplished under different guidance.
So I think Pruitt could get the job done if he were allowed to carry out his techniques to the fullest, but since he has been richted up and will leave UGA before richt, I guess we'll never see him live up to his full potential here.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64365 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic CJP What are Yalls thoughts on him?
Noticed that Ekeler, one of those that was hired by Pruitt came out and said the gator taking the snap and running for a touchdown was his fault.

Pruitt after the game taking blame for the defense.

Head coach took his time stepping forth and saying clock management (again) was on him. Really, you think that anyone else is going to call time out at that particular time in the game.

The "Group" is fast at work covering up and moving the embarrassment away from the head coach. Tossing out a lot of things trying to shift the subject away from the person that continues to make the same mistakes over and over. I call this "political football".

Good post sadlerdawg.

Another good post Wartdawg, #15.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg

More
9 years 5 months ago #64366 by OldSouthDawg
Replied by OldSouthDawg on topic CJP What are Yalls thoughts on him?
I agree with you Buc and appreciate yalls input. I think he can build a championship D here he definitely has been around championship teams and games and has the ring. I was shocked at the uf game and hope he can get it fixed before UK does the same thing.

Once A DAWG Always A DAWG

• OldSouthDawg
  • OldSouthDawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds