Forum

CJP What are Yalls thoughts on him?

9 years 4 months ago #64333 by OldSouthDawg
CJP What are Yalls thoughts on him? was created by OldSouthDawg
I have been gone for awhile and I'm sure yall have already talked about him but I respect this board and would like some feedback on CJP.

Once A DAWG Always A DAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• OldSouthDawg
  • OldSouthDawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago #64348 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic CJP What are Yalls thoughts on him?
OldSouthDawg, I am in Pruitt's camp at this point.

Has a background that suggests and maybe proves he is capable of being a fine defensive coordinator. Don't know that he has thoughts of becoming a head coach.

Will know more about Pruitt as we move into next season.

Some of the players that left prior to this season seemed to have personal problems and one in particular seemed to have a problem with authority figures. Pruitt had no problem with all of them being released. Really liked that about him.

Last game with the gators had me confused at first, but after looking over the film again, neither side of the ball, offense or defense helped the other side out.

This week against Kentucky will be a good game to watch, they are doing some things that the gators did, plus they have a quarterback with an arm and legs. Don't think we will see their quarterback grounding the ball. Only reason for saying that, we have been guilty of grounding the ball more than once.

If all of the commits that we have for the 2015 Season actually make the trek to Athens, can see more improvement on the defensive side of the ball.

Have watched our head coach for almost 14 years, can watch Pruitt for 3 years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, OldSouthDawg

More
9 years 4 months ago #64349 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic CJP What are Yalls thoughts on him?
I'm sure he will have his stumbles along the way, but I am firmly in his camp.

He's playing right now with a secondary that sucked all new worlds of *** last year and
then had several of it's best from that terrible squad bug out of town. None of these players
are his, and I think you have to see in a couple of years what we have when he gets his guys in
place before you can truly judge.

Some will say that he had other peoples players when at 'Bama and FSU, but those other persons
were not Terrible Toddy Grantham.

I THINK he will be very very good when it's all said and done.

No one knows for sure after 8 games with a new team, taking over a D that was godawful last year... not even those who will jump in and definitively proclaim that he's no better than what we had before.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

More
9 years 4 months ago #64350 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic CJP What are Yalls thoughts on him?
OSD, I really like the fact that Pruitt has a "feel" for recruiting these young high schoolers. We will get a good look in 2015 just how effective he is in "most" of his choices.

Have read several articles about "size" in the middle of the defensive line. grantham was/is one that believes huge bodies make for a good 3 man front.

As we at Georgia found out, there is more to playing defense than have 350 pound bodies up front.

While the front end might do well, there are 8 other players on the field at the same time. If we take a look at what our linebackers, defensive backs and safeties were doing behind that huge line, a lot of arm waving ensued.

I watched Pruitt's defense at FSU on film several times. What he said after the gator game concerning players areas of responsibility was spot on about gap control and other things that he thought were being accomplished, said so citing a solid off week of practice, prior to the gators.

Jeremy Pruitt did not fall off of a turnip truck just before the game in JAX. Appears to me that the "overall" coaching both before and during the gator game was not up to expectations. Fan expectations included in that statement.

Say again, playing against the man he replaced as defensive coordinator at FSU this Saturday at Noon in Commonwealth Stadium.

Also say this . . . . Both sides of the ball, offensive and defensive better bring their "A" game, Kentucky will. Defensive backs are going to see the ball in the air more than what they saw in JAX. Many, including our head coach are saying to expect Kentucky to give us more of the same "stuff" that the gators did. One thing I do know, their quarterback has an arm, and they have a couple of tall receivers.

Will see how Bobo and Pruitt handle this weekends SEC contest. Takes both sides.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, OldSouthDawg

More
9 years 4 months ago #64351 by growl
Replied by growl on topic CJP What are Yalls thoughts on him?
If you can't see the difference twixt toddy and CJP then there may be a problem with tunnel vision. Does anyone really want toddy back? Who amoung the members of this board really wants CJP gone? I certainly can see real improvement and the potential is there for greatness. The thing is to be more consistent within the ranks, offensively and defensively. HC needs to get his head in the game or get his a-- out and give someone else a chance.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 4 months ago #64353 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic CJP What are Yalls thoughts on him?

growl wrote: Does anyone really want toddy back?

The sales guy that reps Big Red Gum for the Golden Pantry on Prince Avenue in Athens is the only
one I can think of...

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds