Forum

SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll

9 years 5 months ago #63950 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll
It's not even a question folks...

4 teams was the chosen path because it served two purposes:

It somewhat placated the playoff crowd by adding an extra revenue generator.

It will keep the SEC from dominating the NC picture.

No question at all.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #63951 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll
Miss State has some defensive problems as Kentucky showed. They will lose twice. Ole Miss has trouble scoring and may not be able to keep up with Auburn this weekend. Anyone who thinks Notre Dame is a top four team is simply stupid. Oregon looks like they should be a top 4 team if they can keep their moron linebacker from celebrating at mid field and Alabama will be in the mix. UGA controls their destiny. Win the conference and go play for the title. Richt will screw it up somehow.

More
9 years 5 months ago #63952 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll
As others have said, we have to win out. We could lose another game, and still get into the SEC championship but we wouldn't make the playoffs even if we won.

Ball is in your court Richt, everyone knows we have to win.

Start by whooping some gaytor butt Saturday.

More
9 years 5 months ago #63953 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll
We are not out of the picture yet...if this team wants it they have the talent to take it regardless of coaching...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: dawgs_fans_dad

More
9 years 5 months ago #63954 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll
For once I like our situation. If you think about it, we ARE ALREADY in the "playoffs". It's win or go home. Single elimination. We have no need for "rankings" or "opinion polls".

Just win.
B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: TN Dawg, dawgs_fans_dad

More
9 years 5 months ago #63956 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll

gillette wrote: The entire 4 game playoff scheme is just a “toe testing the water” IMO and a complete waste of time.

I think I speak for most of us here when I say that it should’ve gone to 8 at a minimum. Putting 16 may be a stretch but 8 would’ve been a perfect start.

I think we’ll see 8 teams in the future when everyone but the athletes start making big time $$ with the 4 team playoff scheme.

Gillette said this, absolutely, totally gets it right . . . . hitting the nail on the head, squarely on the head.

I think we'll see 8 teams in the future when everyone but the athletes start making big time $$ with the 4 team playoff scheme.

Remember the uprising at Northwestern University? Forerunner of things to come. That was not just a "show". That was actually the beginning of what is going to be another way for one of the "everyones" mentioned above to gain more control over a game that has become infiltrated with folks that are not football purists like you and I, meaning members on this board, and a couple of others.

Another huge return on the dollar for M&M . . . . SEC signed contract . . . .

Attachments:

More
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds