Forum

SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll

9 years 5 months ago #63999 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll
I might be being naïve, but I just don't see a one loss SEC champ being left out. If we happen to win out, I feel confident we'll be in.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64008 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll
If you have a one loss West team who is not in the SEC CG and say an undefeated West team going into the SEC GC and gets beat by a one loss UGA team....then you have 3 ONE LOSS SEC teams 2 from the West who have played the toughest schedule in the country and the one loss SEC Champ. from the East. Just don't see how they can deny ANY of those 3 teams a spot. Either way you are going to have 2 from the SEC any way you look at it...

On another note as much as I dislike Petrino I hope they put an a**whipping on FSU to muddle the "playoff" picture even further

thecountrynation.com

More
9 years 5 months ago #64011 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll

ogredawg wrote: On another note as much as I dislike Petrino I hope they put an a**whipping on FSU to muddle the "playoff" picture even further

I hope they put an ass whipping on FSU because Jimbo needs a good ass whipping. He is quickly becoming one of my least favorite coaches based on the moronic garbage he has been spewing about his program, players, and the SEC

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, ogredawg

More
9 years 5 months ago #64012 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll

ogredawg wrote: If you have a one loss West team who is not in the SEC CG and say an undefeated West team going into the SEC GC and gets beat by a one loss UGA team....then you have 3 ONE LOSS SEC teams 2 from the West who have played the toughest schedule in the country and the one loss SEC Champ. from the East. Just don't see how they can deny ANY of those 3 teams a spot. Either way you are going to have 2 from the SEC any way you look at it...

On another note as much as I dislike Petrino I hope they put an a**whipping on FSU to muddle the "playoff" picture even further

I think, fair or not, the team left out in that equation would be the West team that lost the SECCG. People are predicting 4-5 years before they go to 8 teams. With the caliber of team that will be left out this year, I can't see them waiting that long.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

• dawgs_fans_dad
  • dawgs_fans_dad's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bull Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64018 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll
dawgs_fans_dad, I don't know how quickly of course the wheels will turn and we move to 8 teams, would wager that it will be much sooner than some suspect. Also think that the power/powers that control the show at will be making quicker decisions than in the past. In the past college athletics were controlled by the NCAA. Disney will put a stop to that soon enough, have already made the "baby steps", will not take long to roll over any "so called competition". (NCAA).

My thoughts at this point travel along this line . . . . The SEC Network is turning many heads. There is not a doubt that another "giant" has been developed by ESPN shaking hands with the SEC. Already there are college coaches around the country grumbling about the "new pact" between the SEC and ESPN. Make no mistake about it, there is a "pact" and it will become more powerful year after year.

Leads me to this. More and more young athletes are going to watch the new "outlet" and if we think we have more and better athletes than other conferences at this point, it will double and triple quickly. Prior to the SEC Network, the SEC Conference was drawing much attention from young athletes around the country, as said, it will increase. These young talents want to be noticed and what better way than to "come on down".

Takes me to this. The entire SEC Conference, East/West are going to be able to recruit from a much larger area, actually the entire USA. With that many great athletes in the conference as a whole, teams are going to be so strong that it will be impossible to have a four team playoff. Anyone that thinks for a minute that M&M did not know that . . . . they did and do. SEC could end up with 8 or more teams that are head and shoulders above the "others".

Say again, M&M have a lot of things "planned" now that the deal is signed, sealed and delivered. In the not too distant future it will read like this . . . . NCAA Who?

You said above . . . . I can't see them waiting that long. Agree.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg, DAWGtm

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64021 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll

dawgs_fans_dad wrote:

ogredawg wrote: If you have a one loss West team who is not in the SEC CG and say an undefeated West team going into the SEC GC and gets beat by a one loss UGA team....then you have 3 ONE LOSS SEC teams 2 from the West who have played the toughest schedule in the country and the one loss SEC Champ. from the East. Just don't see how they can deny ANY of those 3 teams a spot. Either way you are going to have 2 from the SEC any way you look at it...

I think, fair or not, the team left out in that equation would be the West team that lost the SECCG. People are predicting 4-5 years before they go to 8 teams. With the caliber of team that will be left out this year, I can't see them waiting that long.

I would really LMAO if 3 teams from the SEC got in. Would make the 8 team deal quicker and viable. IF and it is a big IF Ms. State comes into the SEC CG unbeaten and gets beat in a close game they will have played one of the toughest schedules in the country...you cannot leave them out along with whatever 1 loss SEC west team remains...far fetched and I am really reaching but it could happen

thecountrynation.com

More
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds