Forum

SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll

9 years 6 months ago #63954 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll
For once I like our situation. If you think about it, we ARE ALREADY in the "playoffs". It's win or go home. Single elimination. We have no need for "rankings" or "opinion polls".

Just win.
B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: TN Dawg, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63956 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll

gillette wrote: The entire 4 game playoff scheme is just a “toe testing the water” IMO and a complete waste of time.

I think I speak for most of us here when I say that it should’ve gone to 8 at a minimum. Putting 16 may be a stretch but 8 would’ve been a perfect start.

I think we’ll see 8 teams in the future when everyone but the athletes start making big time $$ with the 4 team playoff scheme.

Gillette said this, absolutely, totally gets it right . . . . hitting the nail on the head, squarely on the head.

I think we'll see 8 teams in the future when everyone but the athletes start making big time $$ with the 4 team playoff scheme.

Remember the uprising at Northwestern University? Forerunner of things to come. That was not just a "show". That was actually the beginning of what is going to be another way for one of the "everyones" mentioned above to gain more control over a game that has become infiltrated with folks that are not football purists like you and I, meaning members on this board, and a couple of others.

Another huge return on the dollar for M&M . . . . SEC signed contract . . . .

Attachments:

More
9 years 5 months ago #63973 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll
Too much football left to get excited about the initial "4 team playoff". There will be more than enough discussion as the season comes to a close.

The final listing will take care of itself.

I was surprised that 3 SEC teams listed. Thought 2 would be there and that would be Miss St and Bama. The other two would be Fla St and Mich St. But there sits Auburn! Lot of importance will be place on Iron Bowl and Egg Bowl this year.

We win out and sit back and see where the pieces land fall! Should be fun.

More
9 years 5 months ago #63974 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll
I was happy the committee voted objectively instead of POLITICALLY.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
9 years 5 months ago #63995 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll
Anyone think they are setting SEC up? Miss and MS will play, eliminating one. AL and AU will play, eliminating one. If Notre Dame, Oregon, etc keep sitting up just out of the top four, then they will jump in at the end, and the SEC will be screwed. Then they can point back and say, "we had three SEC teams in the top four back in October."

Keep an eye on this one. Don't watch top SEC teams... watch who's poised to jump in when they lose to each other. Notice that UGA is waaay down the list of one-loss teams.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 5 months ago #63996 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll
rockdawg, we are on the same page. Good post from where I sit.

More
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds