Forum

SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #63921 by dawgs_fans_dad
SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll was created by dawgs_fans_dad
www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer...ops-predicted-top-25

'dawgs #9. SEC has 3 of top 4 and 5 of top 10.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dawgs_fans_dad
  • dawgs_fans_dad's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bull Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago #63924 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll
d_f_d.....saw that too in the paper this morning. Funny, it has zero effect on us, we have to win out to get to the dance.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
9 years 5 months ago #63926 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll
Yup. Exactly.

• dawgs_fans_dad
  • dawgs_fans_dad's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bull Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago #63944 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll
Read this thread earlier in the morning. Wanted to think about it and hear some other opinions as to what will play out with the committee.

There is a media war as I type this post. Much of it comes from past associations and quite frankly . . . . dumb ass chatter.

I would suggest this "again". A serious mistake was made in my way of thinking when a supposed solution was suggested to have "four teams" play for the top spot.

If there were an "eight team" playoff instead of a "four team" system, it would be much clearer as to who the real champion would be. Quite frankly it would pit better football teams against each other, would take some of the "favoritism" out of a four team selection that will rear its ugly head before all is said and done.

My thoughts take me to what I have seen in print and read on the internet. Many say, and I am one of the many that believes there will be a team or two in the final four that could not make it through an SEC regular game schedule. I believe that.

If there was an eight team playoff, the question of whether more than one, two or three, maybe four teams in the SEC would be in the final eight would be a mute issue.

That takes me to this . . . . if there are conference champions in the final four that played a much lesser schedule than the one, two, three or four SEC teams played among themselves . . . . what a "prime time" for one of the final four playing the number 8, 7, 6, or 5th rated team in the final eight that happens to be an SEC team. There would be no way to dodge playing a team that enters the fray with two losses, but had gone through a very tough conference schedule.

Again, it has often been said that those that doubt the SEC wars, come on down, try the SEC Conference on for size. Eight team playoff this particular year would have that happen.

Never doubt that the entire college football world is tired of hearing or seeing the SEC name out front. Most don't want to see another year with the SEC being crowned National Champion again.

Four team playoff, my opinion, a joke. It will turn out to be a very "lucrative" ending to the 2014 Season. True National Champion, not sure about that under the present setup.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #63945 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll
yankeedawg1, the "media hype" has taken another step in the direction of "controlling" . . . . forgive me for this . . . . weaker minds.

Much has been said on this board and others, but I also understand that many only get wrapped up in the day to day. College football basically sold out when the SEC joined the M&M group. Say that for this reason . . . . Big Ten, Texas with their efforts have produced nothing, nothing when it comes to what has happened with the SEC Network.

What was needed was the SEC as a "Mice/Mouse Member" and that is no longer a problem for Disney. Anyone remember some comments on this board a couple of years back about keeping our eyes open for the Disney Sports Group? Guess what, it happened. More to come, keep saying that . . . . so far guess old fart Buc is spot on. That is not a "pat on the back" . . . . that is a fact, Jack.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #63946 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic SEC gets 3 of top 4 for first CFP Poll
The so called playoff was set to 4 teams to keep the SEC from being so dominate. The powers that be want Notre Dame Ohio State and anyone else but the SEC in the playoff...now looky here that 3 teams from the SEC are in the top 4...too funny...now if you have the SEC champ undefeated or 1 loss they are in and no other teams undefeated and say you have UGA as the 1 loss SEC champ a 1 loss Alabama and a 1 loss Ms. State how can you keep those 3 teams out....you CAN'T and the powers that be shot themselves in the foot when you have 3 of the four from the SEC 1 from the East and 2 from the West...could happen but you can bet your bottom dollar that 2 teams from the SEC will be in the last top 4 poll...so the only way to "fix" it would be to go to 8 teams just like Buc suggests....too damn funny I say because it is plausible for 3 SEC teams to make the playoff....hahaha

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

More
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds