Forum

Tennessee Game Day Thread

9 years 7 months ago #63021 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Tennessee Game Day Thread
Without Gurley we are a pretty crappy team! Those 2 picks almost cost us, calling it like I see it! We know what we have in our secondary and we can't do anything about that this season, just try to keep getting better. BUT we can change our weakness on our offense, Mason almost gave the Vols this one!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #63022 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Tennessee Game Day Thread
One last thing, I keep hearing everyone say we will be a different team when we get MM, Rumph and JSW back. How is that so if Mason can't get them the ball? His throws are almost always late and if they're not late then they have no zip on them so the corner is able to make up ground and make the tackle with no YAC. He throws in coverage to his primary about 90% of the time and he has absoulutley NO deep threat game at all. I can go on and on but it won't do me any good...

I guess we did get a W, but after Vandy we have 5 tough games in a row and I hope and pray I'm wrong but I see us dropping 2 of those games unless we make some changes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, ogredawg, DAWGtm

More
9 years 7 months ago #63023 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Tennessee Game Day Thread
They need to realize that Mason isn't Murray. Maybe the fact that both their last names begin with the letter M is confusin them. He can not do the back shoulder or under throw thing.
If he is the guy that they are going to put out there, then they need to concentrate on intermediate passes. I will be interested to see how he will do with some receivers back. Today though he was awful and few were open... bad combination.

Personally... I would get Bauta some series next week. There are some things he can be a threat to do that would be interesting to see teamed with TG2.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sflanagan21

More
9 years 7 months ago #63024 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Tennessee Game Day Thread
My overall feelings about Faton Bauta. Anyone believe that Hutson Mason has a better arm? Anyone think if you are going to line up and face 9 players in the box that even great players will have a hard time? If for some reason we have a quarterback that can't throw the ball, can only run the football, that is one thing. Who wants to line up and tackle Faton Bauta?

Now the excuses will flow out of Athens by Richt/Bobo about how good Tennessee played. When I hear that, want to say to Mark Richt, that is what Bobby Bowden would have said. Richt you are all about the coin, but wins like the one today keep you in good favor with the Group. Mark Richt you remain a "second stringer" at best.

Today Butch Jones played a lot of "freshmen", that will come back in the near future having us to listen to "Rocky Top" and all of the "stuff" that goes with it.

Someone has to answer this question for me. What happened with our tight end play? Rome was listed off of the scales when he was being recruited. Blazevich, another top flight tight end that has a pro style offense that does what? Willie Martinez won today, even though his team lost.

Mike Bobo, don't really blame you, going along with kentdaddy on this one. You are a follower of the Mark Richt principle . . . . recruit these young men, think we are listed at number two in the nation now, and then watch a game like this one today and so many game before this one.

Leadership, did I say Leadership? Talent galore, coaching, Red and Black needs a leader. Can anyone imagine Butch Jones leading the Red and Black? I can't for this reason . . . . Richt said that he wanted to retire at UGA. Also said that he is a young man compared to many of the D1 football coaches. 8-9-10 wins most seasons.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #63025 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Tennessee Game Day Thread

Wartdawg wrote: They need to realize that Mason isn't Murray. Maybe the fact that both their last names begin with the letter M is confusin them. He can not do the back shoulder or under throw thing.
If he is the guy that they are going to put out there, then they need to concentrate on intermediate passes. I will be interested to see how he will do with some receivers back. Today though he was awful and few were open... bad combination.

Personally... I would get Bauta some series next week. There are some things he can be a threat to do that would be interesting to see teamed with TG2.

Wartdawg, as a young man if a had a differing opinion, was told some of the time that I was "stubborn as a mule". Would like to use that same wording about what I watched today, also against South Carolina. Mark Richt and Mike Bobo are not "stubborn as a mule", they are "stoopid".
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #63026 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Tennessee Game Day Thread
With the current QB situation no way we beat Mizzou, Arkansas or Aubuurn we beat the gaytors because their O and QB is as pathetic as ours...

I see this team as 8-4 and no way #3 wins the Heisman with that record...might as well hand it to Mariota because the Ducks will be at least 10-2 or 11-1

pathetic that #3 will not get his due until he signs that big contract in the NFL....a real shame to waste such talent now and in the future...

#1 gets hurt on a wild dawg play that #10 SHOULD have be running...again Bobo getting "cute" with his players and wasting the talent he has...sorry Bobo gets no pass from me now or ever...

stoopid, stoopid, stoopid...

I have absolutely nothing left to say anymore...completely fed up...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sflanagan21

• ogredawg
  • ogredawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds