Forum

Tennessee Game Day Thread

9 years 6 months ago #63035 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Tennessee Game Day Thread
Bobo should be "stoopid" of the week for the pathetic 3rd qtr play calling and getting #1 injured and out for 4-6 weeks running the wild dawg with a capable QB on the bench who is built to run the wild dawg...

2nd 'stoopid" of the week goes to Pruitt for staying in that damn zone and not blitzing...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ogredawg
  • ogredawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63036 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Tennessee Game Day Thread
If we stay the course and we will because CMR will not admit he was wrong and start another QB. It wi progressively get harder to move the ball. It does not matter if we have all our recivers back our QB can not get them the ball. We had recivers open but he could not get them the ball with his rainbow delivery. So we are destined to face a stacked box and defender jumping intermediate routes. Get used to the int's. for HM
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, ogredawg

More
9 years 6 months ago #63037 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Tennessee Game Day Thread
DAWGtm, once again it appears that the offensive coaches will take that "hard headed" road and satisfy their souls. Haven't seen any video this morning from the offensive coaches, did see a lot of interviews with the players, pretty much follows the head coach's party line.

Agree with ogredawg about the defenses that we seem to stick with. Whether or not it is the cover 2 or whatever, not getting the job done. Too many holes in zone, good coaches like Spurrier and others know how to beat it. Appears that Butch Jones has a solid grip on how to beat the zone.

Watched Arkansas and TAM game. When we travel to Arkansas, we will run up against a "nasty" offensive line. We stay in zone, Arkansas will kick out butts. Arkansas physically beat the crap out of TAM.

Noticed that Gus Malzahn played two quarterbacks yesterday, same with LSU. Tennessee was forced to play two but it seems that the "other SEC coaches" are not on the same page with our offensive coaches.

Kentucky looks like they have their game coming along nicely. Their defense mirrors what Stoops did while at FSU. Playing with a lot of speed.

Missouri, all I can say about their team is this . . . . Pinkel got their attention at halftime. Some coaches can do that.

Hard to read some of the comments about our team thus far this season. To some the coaches seem to mean more than solid progression through leadership of our football team. At the same place in the road again, no doubting which road we take once the fork in the road appears.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63040 by Buc
Pinkel and Sumlin go into Columbia and win.

Going back to something that has been said on more than one occasion on this board, and rightfully so it appears.

Steve Spurrier understands what Richt/Bobo will call when the two teams meet.

Tim Tebow was anything but a passing quarterback at Florida, yet urban meyer knew how to win against Richt/Bobo . . . . with a "running quarterback". Big, strong, reasonably fast, some in Florida compared Tebow to Bauta, or Bauta to Tebow.

Tendencies, good football coaches play a large percentage of their games based on "film study". Beyond that comes "motivation", some good football coaches understand how to motivate. Apparently Pinkel understands. meyer against Richt understood how to win, and I might add "intimidate". Yes urban meyer intimidated Mark Richt, and came back the following year to rub his nose in the apology. Never got over that, still can't stand how that all came about. There was no need for an apology, it was time to stand up.

Looking at what is going on around me, reminds me so much of what I have seen before. It is like rewinding a tape and watching it again, in a different year, same tape, same outcome.

Watching Todd Gurley in the 4th quarter on the bench laying it out to the football team. Someone has to step up. Bobo safely tucked away in the press box area. grantham sent him there. Both grantham and meyer understand how to intimidate those that are capable of fitting into that area.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63041 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic Tennessee Game Day Thread
Keep reading on how much of an improved Tennessee team we played yesterday. News flash for anyone who thinks Tennessee is anywhere close to good. Oklahoma blew them out, they sowed what a good and competent team can do, we are not a good and competent team.

I will say this, our defense got the stops when it needed too, but they still look lost out there. Maybe time to start opening positions up.

Our QB situation, if HM is the best we've got its going to be an extremely long season. Eventually we will play someone that will stop Gurley and if we have a QB that can't throw the ball more than 15 yards the picks will continue to add up.

It would be different if we had a lockdown defense so HM could mess up 2 or 3 times a game, but we don't.

It's been a long time since I could say this, but I was proud of our offensive line, in terms of opening up holes for TG, even if he doesn't need a big one.

Missouri beats SC, so we control our own destiny again, question is how long?

honestly if I was JP I would blitz every down and play strict man to man, we will get beat, but we are getting beat anyways.

Still feel like we won't beat Missouri or Auburn, and after watching Arkansas would Texas AM's front seven they scare the now. Plus we all know how Richt loves giving coaches a signature win.

Hope I'm wrong and we end up winning it all, but I cant see it happening as long as we have Richt/Bobo. just my honest opinion on the matter. Richt peaked in 05, and since then we have been watching Georgia sinking.

Man I wish AM had one more year left, I REALLY miss that guy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63043 by Buc
Allow me to throw this against the wall and see whether or not it sticks.

If tomorrow Nick Saban was to be named the Georgia head football coach, would anything change in Athens?

If Jeremy Pruitt had not signed on with Georgia this year, would we have the same recruiting success that we have "supposedly" had at this time?

Who would have thought that Chip Kelly leaving Oregon and entering the NFL with a different concept would have the success he is having.

Why is it that many that follow Georgia football believe that change is not good? Not necessarily saying coaching change, system change.

If we are going to count the wins in 14 years, against who those wins/losses were gathered (some good some not so good) basically running the same system on offense, does it not give the opposition a good start on game planning?

Has been said often that changing coaches will surely hurt us on the recruiting trail. Seems to me that we have had an abundance of talent in the last 14 years, much more talent than many of the teams that have beaten us. Could mention names like Vanderbilt and many others.

While I realize that nothing is going to change, it does or should make some think about the past 14 years. Those running Georgia Football are comfortable in their skin with the results thus far. Matters not that there are a lot of Georgia Football backers that have played the game, coached the game, supported Georgia Football for years.

Why change? Good question. Sure as hell has not happened at the position it should have some time back. Tired of those in charge "passing the buck".

For those on this board and others that don't like this way of discussing Georgia, might do to rethink some of the thoughts that were mentioned above. Are we ready on the offensive side of the ball come 2015? Who will be the quarterback? Will we change the way we run our offense, maybe do some things that coaches like Chip Kelly did when he coached college football and now in the NFL?

Interesting how quickly Auburn's fortunes changed when Gus Malzahn came on board. Same can be said for FSU when Jimbo Fisher replaced Bobby Bowden.

Change can be a very good thing, folks on the Plains agree with that. Folks in Tuscaloosa also. Tennessee folks are high on Butch Jones. Kentucky is real. Texas A&M appears to like their new hire. Razorbacks looked pretty good to me yesterday. Mississippi State under the coach that left urban meyer has them on track. urban also went downhill when Dan Mullen left. Do all of those teams have more and better talent than Georgia? Think we are rated by the pollsters at #2 at this point in recruiting for 2015. Wonder if that will make a difference. Just things that I ask myself.

Edit: BullDawg2010, totally agree with your statement above about Mark Richt peaking in 2005.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds