Forum

Recognize What Is Going On In Athens . . . .

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61614 by Buc
"Right now I'm not very comfortable at all. We've got a lot of guys who don't have playing experience, some of them it'll be their first practices at Georgia this week. So we've gotta figure it out what we can do. We would like to be able to match up some things as far as personnel, but we're only going to try to get the guys on the field who have proven that we can trust them to play. And if that's 11, it's 11. If it's 30, it's 30. Over the next few weeks time will tell."

Guess some could refer to the above as making an excuse. Laughable.

Ever listen to Bear Bryant discuss any football team he ever coached?
Ever listen to Nick Saban discuss his Alabama team prior to the season starting?
Ever Listen to Jimbo Fisher discuss his FSU team prior to the season starting?

Coach speak, not hard to understand, unless of course the game was played differently by some.

Jeremy Pruitt came to Athens after having coached under proven winners. Jeremy Pruitt has gone about changing a football team that did not understand leadership.

Might pay more attention to what the players and coaches have to say about Pruitt. They don't call it excuses, to a player and coach, they are learning how championships are "possible". Called leadership, not excuse making.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61615 by Buc
What about statements such as this coming from Jeremy Pruitt? Sound like an excuse?

Attachments:

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61616 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Recognize What Is Going On In Athens . . . .
when he makes a statement about "game experience" when we have the best LB's in the SEC if not the country and we have a very deep front seven to me that is making an excuse.

I talk very plain and understand plain talk.....don't have to ramble or post a dissertation to make a point.....

Time is short and nothing but showing me on the field of play will stop me from being critical as to what I perceive....I have had my fill of "coach speak" now again show me......and show me that he can win with his own players......

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg

More
9 years 8 months ago #61617 by Buc
One lesson I have learned in life. Some things never change.

Very easy to "pick and choose".

Time to place an order for another coordinator, one that does not make excuses. How many years will it take to fill the position.

Sometimes coaches that actually coach use "coach speak" to accomplish good end results.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61618 by fire_dawg
Replied by fire_dawg on topic Recognize What Is Going On In Athens . . . .
not sure I would call it making excuses.....more like always feeling room for improvement. Ask any coach how he feels coming into a season....esp in his first season. And a good coach will always feel the need for improvement. Bc if not your complacent.....think we all know what complacent gets u. im sure if you ask Saban how he feels coming into a season hes not going to publicly say "Oh, were going to stomp everyone this year!!" now Spurrior on the other hand........that may be a different answer!! lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61619 by Buc
fire_dawg, not much doubt that Mark Richt was down to a point that "excuses" were not being accepted. Fan base, as indicated by butts in the seats left little doubt that change had to be made, whether him or someone else. Not that the higher ups would have released Richt.

With all that has been said about Pruitt since moving to Athens, this is the first thread that I have noticed pointing to Pruitt and his way of addressing our team in a way that I personally don't understand. That makes no difference, everyone has their view of Georgia football.

Anyone that played the game understands that there were always those that were never "satisfied". When I was in the Crash Crew, we had some that were like that. Just the nature of the beast. Football players this day and time are notorious for trying to be the BMOC. Have not heard many players on our defensive side of the ball that are still in Athens that have a problem with Pruitt and the way he addresses the team.

Been a while since you have been here. Lots of changes have been made, think most like the changes that management have made. Good to hear from you again, son has to be knee high to a grasshopper now . . . . :)

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds