Forum

Recognize What Is Going On In Athens . . . .

9 years 8 months ago #61612 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Recognize What Is Going On In Athens . . . .
Pruitt doesn't seem to be "sugar coating" anything. He's telling it like it is - we're shallow and young - SO FAR. It was always just a gut feeling I had about Grantham that he was more about himself than UGA, and maybe even more about himself than FOOTBALL. For now I don't get that feeling about Pruitt. Sometimes I felt like you had to read some very fine print between the lines with Grantham. With Pruitt, he's being pretty open about it - we're young and not very deep at some positions.

The GOOD news is that our biggest weakness is at safety, which - let's face it - pretty much sucked last year too. I truly believe that if Pruitt will just get our kids to WRAP UP and TACKLE, and just BREAK UP THE PASS instead of always trying to create some sort of dramatic play, we'll improve on defense. Think about that again - just WRAP UP and bring the runner DOWN. Automatic improvement on DAY 1. I think CJP will get us at LEAST that much improvement, and if he does - you're looking at 3 losses turned into wins. Climpsn, Vandy, Abuurn and Nebraska - I say that if we had just played SOUND FUNDAMENTAL defense in those games, they would be wins.

C'mon, secondary - don't just learn the basics - MASTER them and don't lose games on one or two big plays given up - this year will be MUCH sweeter than last year.

And for goodness sakes - STAY HEALTHY!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #61613 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Recognize What Is Going On In Athens . . . .

yankeedawg1 wrote: ogredawg..... What has CJP said that could fall into what we have come to know as excuses used by coaches?

"Right now I'm not very comfortable at all. We've got a lot of guys who don't have playing experience, some of them it'll be their first practices at Georgia this week. So we've gotta figure it out what we can do. We would like to be able to match up some things as far as personnel, but we're only going to try to get the guys on the field who have proven that we can trust them to play. And if that's 11, it's 11. If it's 30, it's 30. Over the next few weeks time will tell."

just my take on what he said. sorry he is not "comfortable" with his players or schemes and yes maybe he is not sugar coating anything and he DOES have a lot of players with experience, deep everywhere but the cover guys...........don't start with the excuses after 1 day of practice......

thecountrynation.com

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61614 by Buc
"Right now I'm not very comfortable at all. We've got a lot of guys who don't have playing experience, some of them it'll be their first practices at Georgia this week. So we've gotta figure it out what we can do. We would like to be able to match up some things as far as personnel, but we're only going to try to get the guys on the field who have proven that we can trust them to play. And if that's 11, it's 11. If it's 30, it's 30. Over the next few weeks time will tell."

Guess some could refer to the above as making an excuse. Laughable.

Ever listen to Bear Bryant discuss any football team he ever coached?
Ever listen to Nick Saban discuss his Alabama team prior to the season starting?
Ever Listen to Jimbo Fisher discuss his FSU team prior to the season starting?

Coach speak, not hard to understand, unless of course the game was played differently by some.

Jeremy Pruitt came to Athens after having coached under proven winners. Jeremy Pruitt has gone about changing a football team that did not understand leadership.

Might pay more attention to what the players and coaches have to say about Pruitt. They don't call it excuses, to a player and coach, they are learning how championships are "possible". Called leadership, not excuse making.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61615 by Buc
What about statements such as this coming from Jeremy Pruitt? Sound like an excuse?

Attachments:

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61616 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Recognize What Is Going On In Athens . . . .
when he makes a statement about "game experience" when we have the best LB's in the SEC if not the country and we have a very deep front seven to me that is making an excuse.

I talk very plain and understand plain talk.....don't have to ramble or post a dissertation to make a point.....

Time is short and nothing but showing me on the field of play will stop me from being critical as to what I perceive....I have had my fill of "coach speak" now again show me......and show me that he can win with his own players......

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg

More
9 years 8 months ago #61617 by Buc
One lesson I have learned in life. Some things never change.

Very easy to "pick and choose".

Time to place an order for another coordinator, one that does not make excuses. How many years will it take to fill the position.

Sometimes coaches that actually coach use "coach speak" to accomplish good end results.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds