Forum

Recognize What Is Going On In Athens . . . .

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61606 by Buc
Pruitt was quoted as saying this . . . . Probably most have read the quote.

"Right now I'm not very comfortable at all. We've got a lot of guys who don't have playing experience, some of them it'll be their first practices at Georgia this week. So we've gotta figure it out what we can do. We would like to be able to match up some things as far as personnel, but we're only going to try to get the guys on the field who have proven that we can trust them to play. And if that's 11, it's 11. If it's 30, it's 30. Over the next few weeks time will tell."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over a long period of time I expected and was never disappointed that this time of the year "coach speak" would come to the forefront (Predictable). While "coach speak" was a problem with some that were playing along the "party line", don't have the same gut feeling about Pruitt/Rocker and Company.

Ever get the "gut feeling" that something has "changed"?

While I know that there are those out there that are ready to castrate anyone supporting a change, especially if the change does not "correct" the sins of the past . . . . sins of the past in "one season".

Feel sure that some of you understand that some watch from a distance and step forth and say things like . . . . All of you folks were on board, and we only won 9 games. Same group would bitch if we went to the National Championship and did not win. They would tell us what we "should" have done. Vast experience . . . . doing what? Play calling? Give me a damn break.

Change was needed in Athens, some change has happened for all of us to see. Hard to hide the fact that the entire defensive side of the ball has been "overhauled".

Changing the defense is not like driving through a fast food joint and getting what we want in an instant. Some "know" that. Some "refuse" to accept that. Wonder how many folks learned to pilot an aircraft in "one easy lesson?"

Accept it or not, ready to battle those that have "all or some" of the answers that will make us a better football team.

Get rid of Mark Richt, won't hear much out of me. If that is the only thing that you can bring to the discussion, might want to "stay out of the discussion". Get rid of Mike Bobo, nothing has changed with Bobo over the past two or three years, we are definitely on different sides of the ledger.

We are not Alabama at this point, we are and I don't like using this word "rebuilding" from scratch. The one thing that I keep in my mind is the way that our "defense" has been spit on for far too long. Pruitt has made it clear . . . . want to play on "his" defense, forget the sins of the past, of which there have been many and that starts before martinez and grantham. Both of those defensive coordinators were hired by Mark Richt.

Check the times that Pruitt said in "bold type" the word "we". Ever hear grantham say that? Just asking . . . .
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61607 by Buc
Many are reading the thread. Interesting that those "that know" always come around just before football season starts. Have all of the "answers". Football is "just a game" right? So is the game that too many play year after year. Many get their "material" from the AJC and other pay for play sites. Ever thought about looking at the "game" without reading the BS that is out there leading you to "their way" of thinking?

Outside of a handful of folks that cover Georgia football, not one of them gives a damn what you think. They will accept the "monthly or yearly fee" to have you "join their club".

If you give a damn, might want to "speak up". Do you really understand college football?

Lifted from yankeedawg1's Blue Plate Special this past Firday.

With the loose of MM & the other receiver we ill be lucky to win 7 or 8 games this year. Our QB was counting on MM to get him over the hump, not going to happen. Sorry to be so down in the dumps. We are counting on freshmen & other wide receivers to bale us out, an't going to happen. Know Buc knows more football than God Himself, but you have to have people that know what to do to make this team work & we are short at wide receiver & OL at the present time. Wonders do happen, but don't hold your breath. Hope I am dead wrong, but bring an old "fart" it's just how I feel.
AS always, GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61608 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Recognize What Is Going On In Athens . . . .
I look forward to this time of the year to see the team start shaping up. Things start to happen and change then before you know it there is a team!

New year, new Dawg team. I am feeling good at this point in time.

woof woof

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

9 years 8 months ago #61609 by Buc
stevedawg, have not witnessed this much "upbeat" in a long time. Appears that the young pups have "recognized change". :)

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61610 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Recognize What Is Going On In Athens . . . .
don't know what to think other than CJP is already starting to make excuses :whistle:

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg

More
9 years 8 months ago #61611 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Recognize What Is Going On In Athens . . . .
ogredawg..... What has CJP said that could fall into what we have come to know as excuses used by coaches?

Go Dawgs!

More
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds