Forum

Recognize What Is Going On In Athens . . . .

9 years 8 months ago #61640 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Recognize What Is Going On In Athens . . . .
I don't think CJP is making "excuses". To "excuse" is to say, "it's okay". What I hear him saying is the truth that anyone should already have been aware of. I'll say it now - I don't think we have the defensive personnel to win the NC this year. We lost too much from an already suspect secondary. That's not bad mouthing or excuse making, it's just seeing reality.

That said, I haven't given up on a perfect season and the NC. Abuurn didn't have the personnel last year, and they ALMOST did it. When I say we are missing the personnel, I'm not saying it's by a lot - if we can plug in a couple of good safeties, who knows what could happen this year?

I sure would like to have MM back. And JSW. But I don't think our passing game is going to cost us too many games. And I think our running game is going to PUNISH some defenses this year. Like I said earlier - teach our defense to WRAP 'EM UP and BRING 'EM DOWN, and we turn in 3 more wins versus last season, against VERY good football teams. So I, like most, and I'm think Pruitt would probably agree, am feeling pretty good about the season that's coming up soon.

I can't WAIT!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc, Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #61642 by Buc
thriller, watched the video that DWS posted. JJ Green and others use the words, learn and teaching. Pruitt/Rocker and Company have the players attention. Not sure that has been the case going back to willie martinez. Maybe Pruitt has his finger in the dike. Water will find its level, that level has been too high in Athens.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61647 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Recognize What Is Going On In Athens . . . .
Ahh, we're at that point of the season where we are moaning or prognosticating about what may or may not occur. I think a better approach might be to wait and see. We will learn everything about this team in the first two games.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, ogredawg, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 8 months ago #61654 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Recognize What Is Going On In Athens . . . .
LimeyDawg. Good to hear from you and corect about first 2 games

Go Dawgs!

More
9 years 8 months ago #61657 by DawgDoc
Replied by DawgDoc on topic Recognize What Is Going On In Athens . . . .
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: I was listening to 680 the fan driving back from my wife's rehab. They were comparing coordinators of teams in the USA. Clemson was number one, Bama was number two & the Dawgs were number four. Makes for an interesting matchup for the first game of the season. The vote is still out on CP, but I think CMB can matchup with anybody in the country. I'm not a football genius like many of the folks on this board, but I did play the game. I think the out come of the Clemson game will depend on how well our defense plays. Just a thought.
As always, GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Member since 1999
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds