Forum

July Weed control

9 years 9 months ago #61307 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic July Weed control
A little different direction. Keep my eyes on ohio state and urban meyer. Already there is "chirping" about who will end up in the final four. Many are concerned that the SEC will have more than one team in the final four. Looking at urban's schedule below, folks in Ohio should be concerned. Real tough schedule, right?

Check this out.

2014 Ohio State Football Schedule
Aug. 30 - vs. Navy (at Baltimore's M&T Bank Stadium)
Sept. 6 - Virginia Tech
Sept. 13 - Kent State
Sept. 20 - Off
Sept. 27 - Cincinnati
Oct. 4 - at Maryland
Oct. 11 - Off
Oct. 18 - Rutgers
Oct. 25 - at Penn State
Nov. 1 - Illinois
Nov. 8 - at Michigan State
Nov. 15 - at Minnesota
Nov. 22 - Indiana
Nov. 29 - Michigan
Dec. 6 - Big Ten Championship Game

Even if they win every game, they would not belong in the final four. urban takes over at ohio state and one of the first changes made was dropping the home and home against UGA. SEC had caught up to urban and he wanted no more of what our conference had to offer.

Just venting a bit because at some point we will see the effects of ESPN.

Also, don't know about you folks, really like the way this board is set up, "Boss" doing a good job. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #61308 by Buc

wlayton wrote: Hey Buc, when Reggie takes off, Mason had better throw the ball right away.

Truer words have never been spoken wlayton. :woohoo:

You are aware of many of the Florida players that "prefer" wearing the Red and Black. Should not say this, but wish we had gotten you know who that dropped us and ended up in Tuscaloosa. You had him pegged from an early age.

Derrick Henry in my opinion is going to "light it up" in the SEC this season. Auburn will feel the wrath of Saban/Henry/Yeldon.

Pruitt/Rocker and Company will continue to get very talented players from the Sunshine State.

We need to show serious improvement, and we will on the defense. Makes the recruiting game a lot easier. Ask Saban/Smart how their recruiting is going year after year, better yet, ask Steve Spurrier what Saban/Smart have meant to Alabama.

Gus . . . . you did one heck of a job, and are still doing well. Feel you are going to get some of what urban meyer got after the "surprise party" was over. Have to say this, Auburn would not have won the National Championship if Gus had not been the offensive coordinator when Cam was there. Pruitt/Rocker are planning as I type. Bet that.

Just rambling again folks, Georgia football, time for some of you to wake up before the 2014 Season starts.

More
9 years 9 months ago #61311 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic July Weed control
Hey Buc, concerning OSU.....I will be a huge Spartan and Nittnay Lion fan this year (can't believe I will be pulling for Franklin....but it is against UM)!!!

MSU is a tough out.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 9 months ago #61313 by Buc

wlayton wrote: Hey Buc, concerning OSU.....I will be a huge Spartan and Nittnay Lion fan this year (can't believe I will be pulling for Franklin....but it is against UM)!!!

MSU is a tough out.

wlayton, urban meyer and ohio state have to face a coach coming from the SEC that will be ready to play. Michigan State in my mind is one of the top five coached teams in the country, base that on "coaching". MSU does not always have the depth of talent that some of the SEC schools do, but they have in my mind a "great coach".

meyer left the Southeast with many folks, not just Florida folks with an opinion of him that does not look the way ESPN and ohio state present him. Penn State has great tradition, Franklin will take their program back to days of the past. Franklin spent enough time in the "South" to build a following, can only benefit Penn State.

I will be pulling for Franklin/Penn State and any team that faces off with urban meyer/osu.

Thinking about starting a new thread. Just watched Mark Richt speaking to the media in Hoover. Having a hard time focusing today, one tv on The Open (watched that beginning in the wee hours this morning) and the other on the Media in Alabama.

Supposed to be some real bad weather moving in, so players better get all they can get today in The Open.

Damn, I love sports.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 9 months ago #61314 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic July Weed control
Yep, another major, gotta love it. Recording it and looking forward to sitting down with a cool one and watch all night.

Agree, Dantonio is definitely top 5 in the college football imo. Always solid, physical D and doesn't make many mistakes or beat himself. Also think he would do very well in the SEC.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 9 months ago #61317 by Buc

wlayton wrote: Yep, another major, gotta love it. Recording it and looking forward to sitting down with a cool one and watch all night.

Agree, Dantonio is definitely top 5 in the college football imo. Always solid, physical D and doesn't make many mistakes or beat himself. Also think he would do very well in the SEC.

wlayton, what I see happening at MSU is a group of players that have been "coached up". Sometimes the difference in the 2 star and 5 star athlete is in the eyes of the beholder.

Feel watching media days in Hoover, I know a lot more about our team. Some very positive and truthful statements were made about where we are, why we are where we are and where we will go. Much has changed, feel sure many in the media wil cover the local sites up with "opinions". Will read all of them.

More
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds