Forum

UGA vs AU?

10 years 6 days ago #60118 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic UGA vs AU?

wlayton wrote: Yes, I suspect this year's game is going to be a "biggie" (or am I hoping so?) that could well be the game of that week.....all eyes will be on that game especially after last year.

We owe them a big whuppin between the hedges.....all about R-E-S-P-E-C-T this year (always loved Aretha Franklin). :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

edit: Buc, I always thought old Les would play anybody, anytime, anywhere?? :ohmy:

Good point wlayton. Sometimes words come back to bite one in the butt.

TAMU in the SEC now is causing Les some problems. Charlie Strong at Texas also beginning to make his job a little more difficult.

Personally, if the ruling comes down to where we lose out on the home and home with Auburn, just water under the bridge. We are truly "outside" of the "arena" and in this case that is not pointed at Mark Richt.

I have always been one that votes for "stability". History, story of my life. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 days ago #60119 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic UGA vs AU?
Having been around awhile, I laugh at those who mercilessly berate their rivals.
What goes around comes around.
Having said that, I hate Auburn, Tennessee and Florida.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, ogredawg

More
10 years 6 days ago #60120 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic UGA vs AU?
I think all other schools could care less about their east/west match up. Goes back to that history thing, It does seem particularly funny that LSU wants to dump UF, since they have been down the past few years. UF not played in SEC or Natl championship in several years. If anyone should want to drop their east/west match up it would be UT,

Western Division Eastern Division Series Record
Auburn Georgia 55–54–8[48]
Alabama Tennessee 50–37–8[49]
Ole Miss Vanderbilt 48–37–2[50]
LSU Florida 26–31–3[51]
Mississippi State Kentucky 21–20[52]
Arkansas South Carolina 13–9[53]
Texas A&M Missouri 8–6[54]

• TN Dawg
  • TN Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 6 days ago - 10 years 6 days ago #60121 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic UGA vs AU?
Don't see any of it ending with a 9 game schedule. Miles is just running his yap because he don't like playing the gaytors. He would like to bring in a team like Troy or South Alabama and make them LSwho's rival. Need to have one patsy type team only. Each team gets 2 bye weeks each year keep that is more than enough of a break.

Personally I would like to go to 16, 18 or even 20 teams and bring in the likes of VaTech, Clemson, Louisville, Miami, FSU, N Carolina, Virgina or even the Oklahoma schools. Have 4 divisions play 9-10 SEC games yearly and rotate the divisons playing one another each year and keep the rivals playing each other every year.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
10 years 6 days ago #60122 by Buc

averagedawg wrote: Having been around awhile, I laugh at those who mercilessly berate their rivals.
What goes around comes around.
Having said that, I hate Auburn, Tennessee and Florida.

averagedawg, it would not be SEC football to me if we did not play the three you mention in your post.

More
10 years 6 days ago #60123 by Buc

ogredawg wrote: Don't see any of it ending with a 9 game schedule. Miles is just running his yap because he don't like playing the gaytors. He would like to bring in a team like Troy or South Alabama and make them LSwho's rival. Need to have one patsy type team only. Each team gets 2 bye weeks each year keep that is more than enough of a break.

Personally I would like to go to 16, 18 or even 20 teams and bring in the likes of VaTech, Clemson, Louisville, Miami, FSU, N Carolina, Virgina or even the Oklahoma schools. Have 4 divisions play 9-10 SEC games yearly and rotate the divisons playing one another each year and keep the rivals playing each other every year.

That would make what the final four look like a lot better, and without all of the controversy we will see this year and every year. Higher ups have this "little game" figured out. Won't be too long before it will be 8 teams in the finals. Goes along with players pay checks. ESPN and the NFL will figure it out and get their way.

More
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds