Forum

UGA vs AU?

10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #60194 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic UGA vs AU?
SEC. To stay with 8 game schedule will continue with the rival games

Also adding a strength of schedule game. Each school must schedule a game with a ACC -PAC 10

or Big 12 School. We get to keep both Assburn and the Nerds. Life is good when your a Dawg

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #60195 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic UGA vs AU?
I want to tackle this from a different perspective. In 1992? I believe we played the 1st conference championship game and it changed college football.

Assuming mega conferences are on the rise, and we go to 16 games one day, I have a proposal that would make the SEC stand out even more.

4 divisions: North, South, East and West. Stay at 8 games to keep us from killin each other.

Play a "Final 4" to determine the SEC championship (thus, even though we keep 8 games that may hurt our strength of schedule, the 2 games it would take to win the SEC would more than make up for that.

North South East West
1. KY 1. ALA 1. SC 1. Tex. AM
2. TN 2. MSU 2. WVirginia 2. MSU
3. MIZZ 3. AUB 3. UGA 3. ARK.
4. Vandy 4. FSU 4. Fla 4.Miss.

If they must go to 9 games, cut the ga Tech game.

Each year, have a final 4 in the Dome:

1st saturday night: double header. Just for giggles, based on who I think will be the best in 2014 in these 4 divisions

2:00 pm North vs South (Tn vs FSU)
8:00 pm East vs West (UGA vs Ole Miss)

The next weekend

FSU vs UGA

Once all the recruuting evens out, a final 4 in the SEC would be awesome and compelling and an all day event. Just winning the SEC would mean more than it does now, and I believe the other conferences would followng with those winners playing a final 4 type playoff in january

More
10 years 4 months ago #60196 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic UGA vs AU?
BDS. With the new SEC Network and M & M counting the coins anything is possible

As long as we play conference games we will be beating up on each other

Just like we always do. That IMO what sets us apart

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: BulldogShannon

More
10 years 4 months ago #60198 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic UGA vs AU?
Shannon, interesting.

Do feel that the "final four" for the National Championship is doomed sooner than later. There will be much belly aching about not getting in. In the case of the SEC, the belly aching would probably be deserved. Will go to six, then eight.

Won't be too long before there will be a Super Conference, as stated by yankeedawg1, real soon Disney will take over. That would go along with what you posted above. M&M would love it.

Disney will be the end of the NCAA for good or as we now know it. Emmert can't stand toe to toe with the Mice. Disney has big plans, they made the last step needed when Slive was brought on board. M I C K E Y . . . . M O U S E.

More
10 years 4 months ago #60201 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic UGA vs AU?
With a 8 game conference schedule, it gives us 4 non-conference. If we keep GT we are down to 3. This allows 2 patsies and a strength of schedule game. If we are going to have the two "easy games" can we at least keep the money inside the state with one of these and play Ga Southern, Ga State, Valdosta St. and others?

For the record I want to keep GT. We need bragging rites within the state. I hate GT and want to beat them forever!

• TN Dawg
  • TN Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 4 months ago #60220 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic UGA vs AU?
It is inevitable.
College football will become a mirror image of professional football, right down to the over the top grandstanding, team effacing, self indulgent joke of the great sport it once was.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds