Forum

The Dawg hating has begun

16 years 9 months ago #5238 by LimeyDawg
The Dawg hating has begun was created by LimeyDawg
Hmmmm. This is going to make you see red. Can anybody explain the logic behind the Dawg bashing here? And why wouldn't they put Uga in the room? Everyone knows Uga.

sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/s.../index.html?bcnn=yes

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LimeyDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 9 months ago #5242 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:The Dawg hating has begun
The answer is a simple one, Limey....We aren't going to be considered a \"national power\" until we beat Florida on a regular basis. Only then will we be considered such. Although the writer sed that he considered Penn State to be a national power, I can tell you another thing....Old Man Paterno would have been fired a long time ago had he been coaching in the SEC. We have had our moments since 2000, but if you really wanna know what hurt this program the most in the last 2 years in the eyes of the national media, I will tell you. It was a Sugar Bowl loss to a total dark horse WVU team. The first thing I hear on sports talk radio when someone brings up WVU is that they gained all their credibility the day they upset us in that bowl game, They owe us a lot for their supposed rise to national power status, especially since there are only 2 teams in the \"Big Least\" conference....I dont count Rutgers as a power, because their season last year isn't going to contribute to added success this season..... No, there is only Louisville and WVU in that conference.....and the schedules those teams play are a complete joke compared to the ones we in the SEC play. Thats why WVU still wont be considered National Championship material even if they DO go 12-0. In regard to why UGA wasn't used as an example of well known sports icons, well, I dont know why he wouldn't use the dog. The whole country voted him as the most recognized mascot in sports a few years ago. My guess is that he was trying to make us as unrecognizable as possible to people in other parts of the country. Basically, this dude is a complete MO-RON !!

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
16 years 9 months ago #5248 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:The Dawg hating has begun
I saw that list. Basically the writer took the top 10 programs all time in wins and added the three florida teams and called them national powers.

UGA ranks 11th all time in wins behind USC.

Penn State is no longer a national power. They have not been relevant in atleast 10 years.

Tennessee is borderline.

Alabama hasn't been nationally relevant since '92.

Notre Dame? They no longer can go into anyones back yard and steal talent like in the past. They are having to go heavy on midwest boys who buy the Rudy crap.

FSU - they had a great 20 years, but it seems to be over.

Miami - See FSU

Florida - When Urban Cryer takes the job with the Bears the gaytors will fall.

USC - OK

Michigan and OSU? They are fortunate to play in a conference with a bunch of JV teams so they usually make it to their late season match up undefeated and ranked high. The media gives them both verbal handjobs because they beat inferior teams and then we get the latest \"Game of the Century\"! like last year. Then the winners goes to play a bigboy team and gets beat down like Reginald Denny.

Nebraska - nothing since the mid 90's of merit.

Texas - OK

Oklahoma - OK

Basically it is lazy journalism looking for something to write before the season.

More
16 years 9 months ago #5249 by Getdown11
Replied by Getdown11 on topic Re:The Dawg hating has begun
Agree. Lazy journalism.

Nobody would recognize the Georgia G? I'm calling bull!@#$ on that one. I used to live in Tucson Az. I went to visit a buddy out there for a wedding a few years back. Arizona isn't even a football school and they know about Georgia and Herschel.

As for WVU, man I hate how all the good press they get is directly related to their win against us in the Sugar Bowl. To hear WVU fans talk it sounds like they scored 100 pts at the half and we gave up and went home. I love pointing out that they were a fake punt away from pulling the largest choke job in NCAA bowl history.

Also agree Alabama, Penn St., and Nebraska haven't been relevant for over 10 seasons now. How long is Alabama going to get respect for having Bear Bryant on the sidelines ages ago?
Last time I remember Nebraska being good, Tom Osborne was in charge and Tommy Frazier was running the option. Last time Penn St. won a National Championship was in 1986.

I don't know. The Dawgs just can't get any good press. It seems like we are still catching heat for having a few bad seasons in the 90s.

Go Dawgs!!!!

More
16 years 9 months ago #5250 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:The Dawg hating has begun
Maybe so, but I still say that the way we get respect is to beat Florida on a regular basis....then they can't say we \"fluke\" out a win against them every now and then.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
16 years 9 months ago #5254 by Getdown11
Replied by Getdown11 on topic Re:The Dawg hating has begun
I agree getting the Florida monkey off our back would do a great deal for our respect. I just want to know if Florida caught the same static we do now back when the Dawgs owned them in the 70s and 80s.

Go Dawgs!!!!

More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds