Forum

This season with Stafford?

16 years 8 months ago #5321 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:As I Recall,...
In my opinion guys, it's this simple........everything and I mean everything depends on the O-line and how well our young DB's develope. No need for a big analytical debate or philosophical brainstorming, it's ALL about our OL developement and DB developement.

BTW UnderDog37, the defense looked great in the scrimage because the OL consisted of 4 freshman and one senior....enough said.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 8 months ago #5334 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:As I Recall,...
This was on msn.foxsports in an article under the heading \"Things we're 98% sure of\" :

Georgia QB Matthew Stafford will make huge strides from his true freshman season. While some of the things that used to work in high school didn't last year, Stafford will improve his decision making, cut down on his mistakes, and take the next step toward becoming the face of the Bulldog program and a high NFL draft choice in 2010.

A little media respect, anyway...

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
16 years 8 months ago #5335 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:As I Recall,...
I like it..............about time!!!!!

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 8 months ago #5347 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:As I Recall,...
It doesnt matter if the o-line had an extra freshman or 2 in a scrimmage, because we are gonna see plenty of underclassmen on the o-line, and one true freshman in particular is gonna be the blind side protector of Stafford. I hope for the best out of these young Dawgs.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
16 years 8 months ago #5371 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:As I Recall,...
What you've gotta hope for is that Fernando Velasco (who we've moved to center) is as good a leader as Nick Jones was. New center = new timing, new chemistry and new line direction. Everything's going to hinge on Velasco, just as it hinged on Nick Jones and on Russ Tanner before him. Velasco impressed last year; let's see if he can finish the drill this year.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds