Forum

UGA-FLA

11 years 6 months ago #49973 by gillette
Replied by gillette on topic Re: UGA-FLA
Bad Luck with an injury. But man I love the dude. Probably one of my all-time favorite Dawgs. Seems to be doing really well off the field and David Greene as well.

Wish we had that fire and dedication in our program right now.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #49974 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: UGA-FLA

Buc wrote: Appears that the JAX site might be wet come Saturday. Storm starting to cause problems in South Florida now and we will be getting it today in Central East Florida. Looks as if the players need the mud cleats for the game.

Buc, as you know, rain usually can be a good equalizer......in this game though, imo, it will hurt us tremendously.

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 6 months ago #49975 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: UGA-FLA

gillette wrote: Bad Luck with an injury. But man I love the dude. Probably one of my all-time favorite Dawgs. Seems to be doing really well off the field and David Greene as well.

Wish we had that fire and dedication in our program right now.

Thanks for the comeback gillette. Often I don't explain myself well enough. Actually was referring to Drew. Pollack, can't get enough of the guy even though he does not smack folks around anymore. Really pulling for Drew and Pollack to be successful. :)

More
11 years 6 months ago #49977 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: UGA-FLA

wlayton wrote:

Buc wrote: Appears that the JAX site might be wet come Saturday. Storm starting to cause problems in South Florida now and we will be getting it today in Central East Florida. Looks as if the players need the mud cleats for the game.

Buc, as you know, rain usually can be a good equalizer......in this game though, imo, it will hurt us tremendously.

Believe Richt said that he was more worried about the wind. Can't disagree with him on that point, could cause havoc on the Special Teams.

wlayton, don't know if you have seen Buck Belue's latest column, found it interesting, he seems to be more open on his thoughts about the team. He is also right about Reed, covering him is an absolute must, he is Driskel's escape hatch.

One more thing. Watched some of the Kentucky game again. The center for UK was kicking Jenkins butt, moving him off of the line big time. Same with Ogletree, he was making tackles but they were five yards beyond the line of scrimmage. One thing for sure, Muschamp's boys are not going to play "Soft".

Lifted from Buck Belue's blog.

"Soft" 'Dogs?
Shawn Williams comment about the 'Dogs being "soft" on defense sure caused a buzz. We were all thinking it. Dude just stepped out there and said it. Obviously, an attempt to motivate his guys.
Although, it had to sting, if you were Christian Robinson or Michael Gilliard. Those were the two guys getting called out by Williams. Shawn wants to see Herrera and Ogletree getting more playing time, because they will hit.
But is big John Jenkins playing soft, at nose? Is Geathers playing soft too? How about Cornelius Washington? Or Chase Vasser? Sure hope this motivates all these guys.
The Gators are going to attack with their run game Saturday. Run Gillislee right at us. Then, Driskel is going to pull the ball out on the zone read and dash with it. Can this unit stop that?
With Abry Jones out with an ankle sprain, got to figure that Grantham and Garner will go with Garrison Smith, Kwame Geathers and John Jenkins on the field at the same time, right? Those 3 guys are big bodies, who can help play the run tough. But who substitutes in, up front? Those 3 might be playing a lot.
And like Shawn Williams was pointing out, Herrera and Ogletree need to lead the way against the run. Plus, Shawn and Rambo will be crowding the box too. That's 4 more guys that can play the run.
Obviously, it's great having Jarvis Jones back on the field. Need an impact performance out of him. He needs to be a beast.
What would be great is to see the 'Dogs jump out front, which would make the Gators play from behind. Force Driskel to throw it more than they would like to. That way, Jarvis Jones could bring some heat on the pass rush.
Also, the Gator WR's aren't going to scare many DC's. Got to figure Grantham will allow Branden Smith and Sanders Commings to man up outside, which would turn the safeties loose to play the run. The Gators Go-To-Guy is a tight-end (Jordan Reed).

More
11 years 6 months ago #49978 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: UGA-FLA
Agree Buc, that's what bothers me if they have rain/wind, it will hurt our passing game and UF is going to run right at us. Won't effect them in the run game and don't think we can run on them.....actually, KNOW we can't run on them......only way, imo, is to pass to open up the run.....SPREAD the field and pass/run.

Felt all along our DB's match up with their WR's just fine, so maybe we can load the box.....and rush WITH containment.

As you know, the old adage is "establish the run and stop the run"......they can.....don't believe we can.

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 6 months ago #49979 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: UGA-FLA
Thanks for the post, Buc. Excellent get.

My reply to Buck Belue - how many OCs in the nation are worried about our corners? Safeties? D-Line? Linebackers? Anything we have?

Zero.

If I were Florida, especially the OC, I'd be licking my chops to get at the UGA "defense" (if that's what you want to call it). He's got to feel like a kid in a candy store, "where do I start". Florida's RB KNOWS he is going to have HUGE numbers on Saturday - SEC Player of the Week honors? Or will it be the QB? All we know for sure is that they will post some GIGANTIC numbers on us. Kentucky got their yards AND points, as did South Carolina - what in the world is Florida going to get?

More and more, I'm beginning to think Todd Grantham is a phoney. Just like Bobo. Just like Richt. Just like our Special Ed. Teams, just like our "Soft-As-Charmin" defense. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see us come out in the black jerseys and helmets - our traditional "please-spank-us-because-we-are-phoneys-who-can't-get-motivated-to-play-you" uniforms.

And now we know we have dissention in the ranks. It's NOT just Williams. Read that article to the right where he told Malcolm Mitchell, "tell them what you are thinking", and Mitchell just smiled back. There's a HUGE problem on that team, and it starts and ends with the entire coaching staff.

Muschimp is loving this. He has a camcorder recording every second, just so he can relive ALL of our misery.

:(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds